Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Originally posted by djshi View Post
    Thanks Prop1. Is the power LED process the same if it blinks again? So if SC and SD are connected and no blink then SD is ok. If SC and SU are connected and no blink then SU is ok?
    That is correct. I just went through this with mine and only had 3 bad IGBTs on my SC board. Sounds like you have a bad SU and/or SD.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Just ran the tests and both isolations of the SD and the SU boards still resulted in a blinking power light so I guess that means the SD and SU boards are bad?? Is there any change of it being the SS or A as some people have speculated and any tests that can be done to eliminate those before I go ahead and buy both the SD and SU. Again is is safe to assume that if the full isolation let the LED stay on and no flashing that the SC board is actually ok? Really appreciate the support.

Comment

One other clarification, assume your confirm that my testing shows the SU and SD are bad. When you remove these, do you take the volume control off and then pull the 5 ribbons per board off? do these just lift off or something special to remove?

Comment

Just ran the tests and both isolations of the SD and the SU boards still resulted in a blinking power light so I guess that means the SD and SU boards are bad?? Is there any change of it being the SS or A as some people have speculated and any tests that can be done to eliminate those before I go ahead and buy both the SD and SU. Again is is safe to assume that if the full isolation let the LED stay on and no flashing that the SC board is actually ok? Really appreciate the support.
          The only way to know for sure is to use a meter and check for shorts, voltage, and fuses. Right now you are just rolling the dice.

One other clarification, assume your confirm that my testing shows the SU and SD are bad. When you remove these, do you take the volume control off and then pull the 5 ribbons per board off? do these just lift off or something special to remove?
          I can't help you on that since I didn't have to remove mine, and it's a different model.

Comment

tw2005, I followed the isolation and disconnected the SD and SU board then shorted the SC50. The set came on and stayed red LED no flashing only a loud humming. I assume this means it is not the SC but it is the SD or SU then. Can you confirm my understanding. Is there a way to figure out which of these two by isolating one of them at a time with the SC50 shorted and see what the LED does? Appreciate the help.
            when you did this did you notice if there was a tiny green LED lit on the SC board?

Not sure about the humming, can't say i ever had that on a SC test unless the board was not screwed down properly.

As far as the buffers tested one at a time, I've never tried that procedure. I'm always hesitant about it in case a bad board blew the SC.

I usually try to check the resistance and for shorts on them.

Must admit I was expecting bad SC but if it turned on, no blinks and the green LED on the board was lit then that does indicate bad buffers.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              Not sure about the humming, can't say i ever had that on a SC test unless the board was not screwed down properly.
              When I did the test on my "wrong" sc board; it let out a hum. Might be because the power has no where to go.

Comment

when you did this did you notice if there was a tiny green LED lit on the SC board?

As far as the buffers tested one at a time, I've never tried that procedure. I'm always hesitant about it in case a bad board blew the SC.

I usually try to check the resistance and for shorts on them.

Must admit I was expecting bad SC but if it turned on, no blinks and the green LED on the board was lit then that does indicate bad buffers.
                Ran the test again with SD and SU disconnected from SC with jumper sc50 and I get a green light on the SC board. Do you all think I am safe to assume it is either SU and/or SD at this point? I dont have the voltage equipment to check those. Do you have any reasonable repair place that I can send them and have them fixed and any idea how much if it is both of them?

Comment

Ran the test again with SD and SU disconnected from SC with jumper sc50 and I get a green light on the SC board. Do you all think I am safe to assume it is either SU and/or SD at this point? I dont have the voltage equipment to check those. Do you have any reasonable repair place that I can send them and have them fixed and any idea how much if it is both of them?
                  That's a good indication the Sc is most likely OK. Confirms the TV is running and the sustains are running with no error.

No you'll have to try and source a good set of buffer boards. If you know someone with a meter we could try and figure out which one is bad but for simplicity just as easy to get both.

Just had a quick look and looks like they're going to be a little rare and expensive, especially the SU.

Comment

Found this SU for $54.41: http://tvpartsunlimited.net/shop/lg-...-50pv400-ub-2/
                    or new for $160: http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....erm=TXNSU1NVUU

Only found SD new for $160: http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....erm=TXNSD1PAUU

Comment

Don't forget he said he had a ST30, not a GT. Not sure what the difference will be for the upper. Looks like they share the SD but some reason they have a different revison number for the upper on the ST30. TXNSU1PAUU

There may be a couple of tiny smd caps missing looking at the photos, chances are it'd work too but it is a different panel number in the GT/VT compared to the ST.

Comment

Don't forget he said he had a ST30, not a GT. Not sure what the difference will be for the upper. Looks like they share the SD but some reason they have a different revison number for the upper on the ST30. TXNSU1PAUU

There may be a couple of tiny smd caps missing looking at the photos, chances are it'd work too but it is a different panel number in the GT/VT compared to the ST.
                        Good catch. I missed that. Only found it new for $160: http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....erm=TXNSU1PAUU

The supplier site shows both sharing the same SD.

Isolating which board is bad would save some cash. If it's only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Prop1 View Post
                          Good catch. I missed that. Only found it new for $160: http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....erm=TXNSU1PAUU

The supplier site shows both sharing the same SD.

Isolating which board is bad would save some cash. If it's only one.
                          For sure, but for someone who's never done it or has the gear to test can be frustrating especially if a $5-10 meter is used.

Normally buffers are a bit easier to find than SC boards but each model seems to have their own weakness.

Comment

Thanks again for all the help. If I track down a meter how hard is it to figure out if the SU or SD is the problem? Hate to spend $160 for a board only to find out I dont need it.

Comment

Thanks again for all the help. If I track down a meter how hard is it to figure out if the SU or SD is the problem? Hate to spend $160 for a board only to find out I dont need it.
                              You should read through tom66's troubleshooting guide: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18542

Lots of good tips and links to sources for more help.

Comment

Just wanted to get some feedback and advice. I reached out to ModusLink and they have a repair program where you send the boards in for repair. Pretty reasonable price. Question is have you heard of others having success with them? They have asked me to send all three boards and not just the SU and SD. Does this make sense given the testing that I shared and you guys have commented on here. If there is nothing wrong with the SC board then they have a test charge of $50. I can get the SC replaced through ShopJimmy for $65. Didnt seem like it made sense to send the SC. Is this required for proper repair?

Comment

Just wanted to get some feedback and advice. I reached out to ModusLink and they have a repair program where you send the boards in for repair. Pretty reasonable price. Question is have you heard of others having success with them? They have asked me to send all three boards and not just the SU and SD. Does this make sense given the testing that I shared and you guys have commented on here. If there is nothing wrong with the SC board then they have a test charge of $50. I can get the SC replaced through ShopJimmy for $65. Didnt seem like it made sense to send the SC. Is this required for proper repair?
                                  If I didn't have the know-how or the proper tools to make the proper tests; that would be the smart way to go. They will test them in a way that will verify they play together. I don't know anything about them other then checking out their site and no negatives from the few posts about them here.

Comment

Hello group,

I have the TCP50GT30, which should be close to same unit, also with 7 blinks. The SC was shorted across SC20. I replaced all six transistors (3 were shorted) but still 7 blinks and SC20 looked shorted again. I sent SC out to a board repair service but want to be extra careful when it comes back. I will isolate from SU and SD by disconnecting and using the jumper as per the manual as a preliminary check that SC is now good. But how do I check the SU and SD without risk of popping the SC again? I saw some resistance values posted for SU and SD for another model. Does anyone have values for SC41, SC42, and SC46 I can compare to? An initial check of each of the pins on these connectors against VFG suggest no shorts. All are either open circuit or at least 1.6 Meg.

Comment

I just received my SC board back from repair, installed it and powered up. I still get the 7 red blinking LED on my VIERA TC-P55GT30.

Comment

Had same 7 blinks of death. Followed the advice of those in the know. Many thanks. SC2 showed a short. Found Q401,402 and 403 obviously shorted. Replaced. Still have same 7 blinks. Again, these IGBT bad. Diagrams unhelpful. Traced and found Q421,422,423 opposite side of circuit through coils at top of board. If one or more are shorted they did not show short at sc2. To be safe and while you are there best to replace all 6. Not sure about the resistors, IC and small driver.

Beside the panasonic numbers, does anyone know the mfr# for IC502 and Q531 as they are too small to read.

Comment

Originally posted by zoiman View Post
                                          Had same 7 blinks of death. Followed the advice of those in the know. Many thanks. SC2 showed a short. Found Q401,402 and 403 obviously shorted. Replaced. Still have same 7 blinks. Again, these IGBT bad. Diagrams unhelpful. Traced and found Q421,422,423 opposite side of circuit through coils at top of board. If one or more are shorted they did not show short at sc2. To be safe and while you are there best to replace all 6. Not sure about the resistors, IC and small driver.

Beside the panasonic numbers, does anyone know the mfr# for IC502 and Q531 as they are too small to read.
                                          BD8693FVM-HVTR by ROHM. That's all I can dig up.

CPH5524-TL-E by SANYO

Comment

Working...
                                          X