Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Looks like Costco has a dirty little secret: Have a model made specifically for them that's cheaply made!
    If not just having the Panasonic name slapped on some cheap Emerson-like POS!
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

I still haven't heard of my family's Panasonic Viera giving any blinks of death, knock on wood!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The Costco ones are built the same, but by having a different model # it allows them to get around price match guarantees (on both sides, benefiting stores which offer it and which don't.) Sometimes they will drop a feature like 1 HDMI port, VGA port, or the AR filter on the panel... but the boards are usually near identical if not identical.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I can't start my own thread yet, but I wanted to get a leg up on a problem I'm having. I have a panasonic 55st30 and I have the left 1/3 (from front) side of the screen working, but the other 2/3 of the screen it has 1" horizontal bars that are gray. Starting at the top they are lighter and get darker the lower on the screen you look until they fade to black. I hope this is repairable...

Comment

Got one of these given to me today for free
            no glasses or remote thought
            SC is shot. Ordered a repair kit on ebay. will see how it goes.

Comment

Got the parts yesterday. replaced Q401, Q402, Q403, Q421, Q322, and Q423 on the SC board.

Used a wire brush to clean the mount posts on the chassis they were black because of bad/floating grounds from the old screws.

Applied fresh flux and solder to the points where the board meets the chassis when screwed in. Installed with Screw upgrade kit.

Installed heat sinks on Q401, Q402, Q403, Q421, Q322, and Q423.

Fired it all up works perfect. No hum either unless you basically have your ear on the SC board.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello I am also one who has been experiencing the 7 blinks of death on my 2011 model TC-P55VT30. I originally started by trying to replace the SC board but that did not work. So i then sent my SU, SD boards off to moduslink and they sent them back saying nothing was wrong with them. I received them back and installed them into the TV along with the refurbished SC board. When i started up the TV the 7 blinks went away but I am now no longer getting any type of picture. All I am getting are faint images of white rectangles, it's weird. I am at a loss of what to do now. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Comment

[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474957/lightbox/post/24797722/id/444330[IMG]

Comment

[QUOTE=thekep1014;453485]

From AVS Forum

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474957/pa...ture-issues/30

I re-adjusted all the SU and SD ribbon cables. Still having no picture just the weird images in the previous post.

Comment

Hey All,

I am in the same boat. and AGAIN. ... 7 blinks of death on my TC-P55VT30.

AGAIN, this is the second time happen to me , i don't want to spend another $270 to replace the whole SC board again.

I got the tv 2012 new year, with standard 1 year warranty.

June 2013. First time happened 7 blinks. Called Panasonic support, my TV is out of warranty already. WTH, broke right after warranty is over. Anywayz, got no where with them. So did my own research and ordered the SC board (TXNSC1NVUUB) from one of their authorized supplier. ( Mississauga, Ontario) for $271. Only 90 days warranty on the parts. Replaced the parts in Sep 2013, and TV back to life until yesterday. ( June 11, 2014). DAMNNN.. World cup is today... WTH... Exact same symptoms.

So i am here looking for help. Now, i want to try out the Repair Kit. Can anyone point out the repair kit they had successful experience? And also is there anything can be done to prevent it happening again, some post about heat sink, over heating, so adding addition fans could possibly help?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I also had the seven flashes of death. First tried the "unplug for a couple minutes, replug and hold down the power-on button (on the tv) for a few seconds. That fix didn't work for me. I heard these tv's are notorious for the loose screws shorting out the boards, so figured that might be it. Also heard that you can get a new screw set with locking screws. So hauled the tv down to the repair guy. Turned out it was the IC (signal processor). I got him to replace it AND put in the new locking screws to avoid future problems. $11 for IC, $11 for screw set, $150 for labour, $22 for initial diagnostic. ($250) If you are handy, installing the IC yourself would be a cheap fix.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have a VIERA TC-P55GT30 with the red blinking light 7x. How do I go about testing the boards to determine which is bad? I have a continuity tester that I borrowed from my neighbor.

Comment

Sitting here frustrated after my Panasonic TCP55GT30 died 7 weeks ago. Have gone through my service company Warrantech and they contracted Pinnacle to repair my TV. I told the guy it was most likely the SC board and he confirmed that. They have ordered the SC board and two others. I am told that the SC is backordered and no projected delivery date. I am not happy with their service.

Comment

Folks can use some help. Have a 55inch Panasonic TC-P55ST30 Plasma and just woke up today to the seven blinking lights of death. Have been trying to follow the threads but am at an roadblock. and need some of the expertise that several of you have been sharing. I do not have a meter to measure voltage and am trying to troubleshoot if I have a problem with my SC or SD or SU or all of the above or if it is the A or P boards. Can anyone help me with links to the instructions on how to troubleshoot if I dont have the meters to measure things. What do I disconnect and check etc. Dont want to blow the tv up any worse that it current is. Really appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by djshi View Post
                                Folks can use some help. Have a 55inch Panasonic TC-P55ST30 Plasma and just woke up today to the seven blinking lights of death. Have been trying to follow the threads but am at an roadblock. and need some of the expertise that several of you have been sharing. I do not have a meter to measure voltage and am trying to troubleshoot if I have a problem with my SC or SD or SU or all of the above or if it is the A or P boards. Can anyone help me with links to the instructions on how to troubleshoot if I dont have the meters to measure things. What do I disconnect and check etc. Dont want to blow the tv up any worse that it current is. Really appreciate the help.
                                I just troubleshooted my Panasonic. I can tell you this much; if you don't have a meter; then you might as well be standing in a pitch dark room looking for a light switch with heavy mittens on. I also will add that if you don't have a meter; you likely should avoid the inside of a TV where there are voltages that can kill.

Comment

Post 70 has some info. pretty sure if you read through the whole thread there should be enough info.

You can isolate the buffer boards from the SC board abd jumper 2 pins on the SC at SC50 and turn the TV on. If still 7 blinks then Sc is bad, if none then buffers bad.

The catch here for you is if the SC is bad you should still test the buffers for shorts. Chances are they're ok but if not then the new Sc can blow again.

Comment

Will give that a try. I read on one of the posts that when you have the cover off you should see a green light on the SC board upon turning the power on. I do not have a green light on the SC board when doing this. Not sure what that means. Will try the jumper short. Assume I can just put a screw in the jumper if I dont have an alligator clip and get the same short effect.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                      Post 70 has some info. pretty sure if you read through the whole thread there should be enough info.

You can isolate the buffer boards from the SC board abd jumper 2 pins on the SC at SC50 and turn the TV on. If still 7 blinks then Sc is bad, if none then buffers bad.

The catch here for you is if the SC is bad you should still test the buffers for shorts. Chances are they're ok but if not then the new Sc can blow again.
                                      tw2005, I followed the isolation and disconnected the SD and SU board then shorted the SC50. The set came on and stayed red LED no flashing only a loud humming. I assume this means it is not the SC but it is the SD or SU then. Can you confirm my understanding. Is there a way to figure out which of these two by isolating one of them at a time with the SC50 shorted and see what the LED does? Appreciate the help.

Comment

tw2005, I followed the isolation and disconnected the SD and SU board then shorted the SC50. The set came on and stayed red LED no flashing only a loud humming. I assume this means it is not the SC but it is the SD or SU then. Can you confirm my understanding. Is there a way to figure out which of these two by isolating one of them at a time with the SC50 shorted and see what the LED does? Appreciate the help.
                                        SU Board Isolation:

1. Remove the 2 VFG screws from the SU board.
                                        Note: The 2 screws on the SD board should be
                                        installed.
                                        2. Remove SC41/SU41 and the ribbon cable
                                        between the SU and SD boards (SU11/SD11).
                                        Note: SC46 and SC42 should be connected
                                        3. Install the SC50 Jig or just jump pins 1 and 2 of
                                        connector SC50 on the SC board.

SD Board Isolation:

1. Remove the 2 VFG screws from the SD board.
                                        Note: The 2 screws on the SU board should be
                                        installed.
                                        2. Remove SC46/SD46 and SC42/SD42 and the
                                        ribbon cable between the SU and SD boards
                                        (SU11/SD11). Note: Make sure SC41/SU41is
                                        connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Prop1 View Post
                                          SU Board Isolation:

1. Remove the 2 VFG screws from the SU board.
                                          Note: The 2 screws on the SD board should be
                                          installed.
                                          2. Remove SC41/SU41 and the ribbon cable
                                          between the SU and SD boards (SU11/SD11).
                                          Note: SC46 and SC42 should be connected

SD Board Isolation:

1. Remove the 2 VFG screws from the SD board.
                                          Note: The 2 screws on the SU board should be
                                          installed.
                                          2. Remove SC46/SD46 and SC42/SD42 and the
                                          ribbon cable between the SU and SD boards
                                          (SU11/SD11). Note: Make sure SC41/SU41is
                                          connected.
                                          Thanks Prop1. Is the power LED process the same if it blinks again? So if SC and SD are connected and no blink then SD is ok. If SC and SU are connected and no blink then SU is ok?

Comment

Working...
                                          X