Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Originally posted by KLaird View Post
    I am suspecting that both my SU and SD boards are bad as well. Let me double check my results to make sure I am doing it correctly on these. By the way, I am using a fluke 87 Multimeter.

I disconnected SC connections to the SD and SU as well as the SU/SD ribbon. All tests are from one of the ground pads where the screws mounts are and the pins on the SU41 and SD42 connectors. I am not sure the pinouts, so I am considering that if I am at the base of the TV and the top of the TV is away from me, then pin 1 is the top most pin.

I had continuity on pin 2 of SU41 which measured 16 ohms. Pin 8 measured 7 M ohms. All of the other pins measured Open or OL. The short means my SU is bad.

I had no continuity on any pins on SD42. Pins 2 and 4 measured 7 M ohms. All of the other pins measured open.

Are my boards bad, or am I doing something wrong??
    The pins are labelled at the connectors. you will see, 2,8,1,9 marked.

SD42 viewed from the rear normally.you have the connector, either side of it are the soldered pads to the PCB.

left side...............right side

Same deal for SU41.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Originally posted by l1nk3d View Post

Any ideas on a resource for purchasing an SC for around $100-130 in the US?
      I was able to purchase a SC board from Moduslink PTS and it should arrive today. They do have a repair program as well where you send in the board.

My 55VT30 is having the same problems as everyone else on this thread. My SU/SD boards tested fine but the SC is bad. I did purchase the SU/SD boards though just in case as I'm not confident in being able to find them in the future if need be. This is a fantastic TV when it was working
      Last edited by MileHigh; 01-17-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        The pins are labelled at the connectors. you will see, 2,8,1,9 marked.

SD42 viewed from the rear normally.you have the connector, either side of it are the soldered pads to the PCB.

left side...............right side

Same deal for SU41.
        Ah Ha! It helps when I turn a light on to look at the pinouts....ha! Thank you for the heads up on the markings. I still have really odd results though.

SU41: Pins 1,3,5,6,7,9 show open.
        Pin 2 starts out at about 2.4 M ohm and rapidly increases
        Pin 4 started out at 13 M ohm and increased to open
        Pin 8 had continuity to ground and measures a constant 16.9 ohms
        (the short/continuity means my board is bad?)

SD42: Pins 2,3,4,5,7,9 show open
        Pin 1 started at 25 M ohm and rapidly increased to open
        Pins 6,8 started at 2.6 M ohm and rapidly increased
        Is this board bad??

Comment

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
          I was able to purchase a SC board from Moduslink PTS and it should arrive today. They do have a repair program as well where you send in the board.

My 55VT30 is having the same problems as everyone else on this thread. My SU/SD boards tested fine but the SC is bad. I did purchase the SU/SD boards though just in case as I'm not confident in being able to find them in the future if need be. This is a fantastic TV when it was working
          I found Moduslink doing a little Googleing myself. I am very interested in using their services, etc. Let us know how it works for you when you get your board installed. I just sent them an email requesting a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by KLaird View Post
            Ah Ha! It helps when I turn a light on to look at the pinouts....ha! Thank you for the heads up on the markings. I still have really odd results though.

SU41: Pins 1,3,5,6,7,9 show open.
            Pin 2 starts out at about 2.4 M ohm and rapidly increases
            Pin 4 started out at 13 M ohm and increased to open
            Pin 8 had continuity to ground and measures a constant 16.9 ohms
            (the short/continuity means my board is bad?)

SD42: Pins 2,3,4,5,7,9 show open
            Pin 1 started at 25 M ohm and rapidly increased to open
            Pins 6,8 started at 2.6 M ohm and rapidly increased
            Is this board bad??
            SU41

pins
            2: VF5V 5-6Megohms
            6: V SCN-F around 200Kohms
            8: VFO around 2 megohms

SD42

pins
            1: VFO around 2 megohms
            2: V SCN-F around 200Kohms
            6: VF5V 5-6Megohms

The data listed is based on the 2010 series and i cross referenced the labels with the GT30 manual in one of the block diagrams. Pretty sure they ended up being the same pinouts.

did not save the manual . Could have made a mistake but if you have it see if you can recheck the pinouts.

Only interested in the ones I've listed but if SU41 pin 8 is Vfo and you only have 16ohms and SD42 pin 1 is Vfo they should read the same which was about 2 meg for the 2010 FHD series.

If the meter keeps rising, try reversing the probe polarity.

Might need someone who has a good set to confirm the readings, since you've probed everything and only SU41 pin 8 is low I'd be wary of it.

I just had a peep at the SJ photo of your SU and pin 8 is also labelled TPSU15. On mine TPSU15 is also Vfo so you may have a shorted upper.

You Really need to recheck what pin 8 or TPSU15 is in your manual or someone else out there may know.
            Last edited by tw2005; 01-18-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Installed the SC board from Moduslink last night and all is good. It did take me a couple of times to get all of the ribbon cables seated properly in the SU/SD boards but that really wasn't difficult. I'm now thinking of sending the old SC board to Modus and have them repair that one for a spare.

Comment

Installed the SC board from Moduslink last night and all is good. It did take me a couple of times to get all of the ribbon cables seated properly in the SU/SD boards but that really wasn't difficult. I'm now thinking of sending the old SC board to Modus and have them repair that one for a spare.
                Awesome....thanks for the update. I am working on getting a quote from them now. I just sent them the part #s. I hope that will be the fix for me as well.

Comment

I have been reading this whole thread, the reason being tha I got the dreaded 7 blinks on my Viera TC-P55GT30 that I bought in June 2011. The Repair Technician was out today and diagnosed that SC board was bad. I figure the total repair will cost close to $600.00. With all the problems I have read about this problem is there a chance that Panasonic will reimburse me?

Comment

Tom66 Thanks for your support on this thread. My P55VT30 got the 7 blinks of death after 26 months of ownership. (purchased new) I got the estimate total yesterday ($898.28 total) and faxed it to Panasonic. Called Panasonic this morning and they will call me back with what they are wiiling to in 24 to 48 hrs. I feel that they should pay 100% since they knew it was an issue before I bought the set. What do you think? Thanks again, Jeff (2 panels blew)

Comment

My P55GT30 just died with the 7 blink LED.

After I opened it I noticed a space that looks like an additional fan should be there. I only have two fans and one fan is missing a screw with a rubber grommet.

Anyone else see this on a 2011?

Comment

Did you buy the set new or was it a refurb?
                        These sets should shut down if a fan is missing.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It was a refurb. I guess that explains the overheating part of it.

So everyone else has 3 fans??
                          Last edited by rrg123; 03-05-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Sorry about the double post.

Just got back my board and found my original post.

VIERA TC-P55GT30
                            Ebay repair 6 new soldered mosfets 30f131 on SC TNP5335 board.

$80 ebay winning bid as Offer for repair that included shipping from him.
                            My shipping to him was $7.00

Total repair and working TV $87.

Thanks for the help and knowledge here to find what was wrong.
                            Last edited by rrg123; 03-13-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks soooo much for the info. I have a 50st30 with the dreaded 7 blinks. If possible I will try the component replacement on the SC board. My question is regarding the removal and soldering of the IGBT's. Has anyone had success and with what tools? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zoiman View Post
                                Thanks soooo much for the info. I have a 50st30 with the dreaded 7 blinks. If possible I will try the component replacement on the SC board. My question is regarding the removal and soldering of the IGBT's. Has anyone had success and with what tools? Thanks
                                Well, i've only done 1 board with SMD IGBTs and that was a SS board but I desoldered the 2 legs and then used flux and fresh leaded solder on the tab to get plenty of heat transfer with an 80w iron and heated until you see flux/solder bubbling along the sides and slide it off.

Don't know the finer details of this Sc board but if some of the shorted parts had heatsinks, then i guess you'll need an adhesive that also heat transfers.

not something i've touched.

i guess hot air station would also do the job nicely, i don't have one.

Comment

For mosfet removal, do a youtube search for
                                  Mosfet Desoldering. There is a good video that shows how to add solder to get the solder to flow under the component for removal.

You may need low melting temp solder.

The repair route was much easier vs component swap.

This way I get a fully tested board and I have less chance of breaking something else.

$47 kit vs $87 repair.

my2cents
                                  Last edited by rrg123; 03-18-2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Just had my P50GT30 die on me (7 red blinks). A couple weeks ago I started getting the loud buzzing from the set intermittently. Then over the past two weeks I've occasionally been getting about a 2-inch tall horizontal black band all the way across the panel, just below the middle of the panel. It usually went away after a minute or two.

Then today the set finally shut off while I was watching it.

I've read the thread, and will start going through the debug process to figure out which board is bad, but I was wondering if the black band I started getting indicates that the panel itself was also going bad. Is it even worth it to try to repair this?

I've had the TV 28 months. Pretty frustrating that everyone is getting this problem after only 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by fman3 View Post
                                      Hey guys,
                                      looking for some advice.
                                      I have a 20 month old tc-p55gt31, was watching it a couple days ago and the set made a click noise like someone just powered the tv off. I tried to power it back on and now im getting 7 blinking lights. After everything I have read, it looks like the sc board might be the problem. I do not have a m/m reader, is there any other testing I can do to narrow it down to which board could be bad? I think I seen a thread where if you unhook everything on the sc board, turn the tv on and it should blink 6 times if the sc board is bad. I have tried this, but I get 8 blinks with the sc board completely disconnected.
                                      any advice?
                                      Panasonic says the boards are on back order and wont ship out until January.
                                      I have the identical issue with my VT30 - Worked fine, shut down and now 7 blinks (8 blinks with the SC board unplugged). How can I determine which board(s) to purchase? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PFM View Post
                                        I have the identical issue with my VT30 - Worked fine, shut down and now 7 blinks (8 blinks with the SC board unplugged). How can I determine which board(s) to purchase? Thanks!
                                        You can use a volt meter to do a continuity test on the SC board.

Search for a pic of the white 2 lead connector where you check it.
                                        Google it for details.

I never checked beyond the failed SC board.
                                        Last edited by rrg123; 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PFM View Post
                                          I have 65GT30 have same issue that blinks 7 time then 8 blinks after disconnected the ss board. don't have any meter to test voltage, any one find out which board to replace?

Comment

Working...
                                          X