Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Thanks for the info. IC seems to be very difficult to source. SJ has parts for my sc so this may be the easier. MOSFETS can be purchased alone. Shame considering how good the picture is. Sad state of affairs in home entertainment.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

This tread is AWESOME! Many thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge and expertise!

I too just experienced the SOS7 with my TC-P55GT30 and will be troubleshooting the boards this weekend and sending them in for repair to http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/.

I managed to get my hands on the official "Technical Guide and Troubleshooting Manual/Flowchart" used for Panasonic National Training that is specific for the TC-PXXGT30 and TC-PXXVT30 models.
      I noticed the other Technical Guide posted much earlier in the tread was for the TC-PXXST30.

You can download it here

Hope this helps anyone else who finds this thread and is experiencing the same issues with their Panasonic.

Comment

Hey just picked up an SC board, need to know what else I need to buy as I have no screws or connector cables to the Sd and SU boards. Any links please?

Comment

So i got the new board, i have the locking screws and installed. need to get a multimeter but problem is a 6 blink SOS. I got this board from partstore.com. I believe it was a refurb and plan on sending it back because it has a 30 day return but was curious if I could be getting a false 6 SOS? I know without a meter I'm kinda flying blind but according to the tech manual, disconnecting sc20 should change the code to 8 SOS and if so then the SC is dead. So again I would like to know if this is sort of a definite or if something else could possibly wrong? TW2005 where ya at??? Could use your expertise asap!

Comment

Originally posted by joedisorder View Post
            So i got the new board, i have the locking screws and installed. need to get a multimeter but problem is a 6 blink SOS. I got this board from partstore.com. I believe it was a refurb and plan on sending it back because it has a 30 day return but was curious if I could be getting a false 6 SOS? I know without a meter I'm kinda flying blind but according to the tech manual, disconnecting sc20 should change the code to 8 SOS and if so then the SC is dead. So again I would like to know if this is sort of a definite or if something else could possibly wrong? TW2005 where ya at??? Could use your expertise asap!
            So you got 6 blink with everything hooked up? Sounds like SC. SOS8 with Sc20 removed which is also correct . Logic there is that if the A board changes to sos 8 then it's not a false detect.

Not sure if I'm full bottle on what you're doing but if the sd/su are disconnected, 4 earth screws removed, the 2 pin sc50 connector if they are shorted together and you turn the TV on and you have 6 blink it would be bad SC. I doubt bad sd/su cause sos6 anyway so you probably received a faulty board?

How was the board advertised? new/used/refurb?

Comment

From them it was advertised as refurbished, and since it was from best buy and my tv is actually the best buy gt31, I know it's identical pretty much, but I figured refurbished would be better since caps would be replaced already. It's under a 30 return policy, however I went back on the site and it shows all products of it out of stock. So now I'm thinking of doing the cap repair myself which wouldn't be hard for me. My problem is I don't feel like waiting for the kit to come in. Heh.

Comment

From them it was advertised as refurbished, and since it was from best buy and my tv is actually the best buy gt31, I know it's identical pretty much, but I figured refurbished would be better since caps would be replaced already. It's under a 30 return policy, however I went back on the site and it shows all products of it out of stock. So now I'm thinking of doing the cap repair myself which wouldn't be hard for me. My problem is I don't feel like waiting for the kit to come in. Heh.
                My advice is return get refund and if you have your original SC assuming it was at fault send to ModuslinkPT for rebuild.

refurb could mean anything including simply blowing the dust off a used board.

You're kidding yourself if you think they've replaced the caps and wasting your time even considering recapping a Panasonic SC board.

They use quality caps with lifespans of up to 10000hrs.

What exactly was your original fault blink with your board?

You've checked the SD/SU for shorts I hope.
                Last edited by tw2005; 09-20-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

The last person, a tv repair shop, that touched the tv broke my SC board, long story big fight. So this is the only board I have. I haven't tested the SU and SD boards but when the repair man was here he did, and it all looked in working order. So at best I'm stuck with this "refurb" and decent technical skills just need to go grab a multimeter and retest everything with "new" SC board. I've only spent $165 on new board. It's not a great price but it's all I could find.

Comment

The last person, a tv repair shop, that touched the tv broke my SC board, long story big fight. So this is the only board I have. I haven't tested the SU and SD boards but when the repair man was here he did, and it all looked in working order. So at best I'm stuck with this "refurb" and decent technical skills just need to go grab a multimeter and retest everything with "new" SC board. I've only spent $165 on new board. It's not a great price but it's all I could find.
                    Broke as in physical or electrical? How come they got the board? Holding it for ransome?

Sounds like a rough trip. What board number and revision?

Comment

Broke physically, as for number and revision could you direct me to that. Is it on the backside?

Comment

Broke physically, as for number and revision could you direct me to that. Is it on the backside?
                        SO tthe board is snapped in 2 or something? Top effort to break a board.

Topside, I expect there is a white sticker, might say 5335 or 5335xx where xx is the rev suffix

Comment

5335ba sir

Comment

Maybe talk to the seller and get them to have this one repaired and sent back to you. I see the issue, absolutely nothing out there.

Or maybe you could negotiate with them a partial refund, you keep the board and send to modus. They may need a report from a tech so maybe modus could help out and repair, provide a report and then get the cost refunded from the seller.

If you strike a deal, get it in writing. i don't know your consumer laws.

Horrible situation to be in.

Comment

hahaha well like i said $165 isn't bad so i'm not concerned about sending this one out to modus, i just wanted to make sure its defintely that before sending out. i'm going to buy a multimeter now just to test the su and sd boards.

Comment

hahaha well like i said $165 isn't bad so i'm not concerned about sending this one out to modus, i just wanted to make sure its defintely that before sending out. i'm going to buy a multimeter now just to test the su and sd boards.
                                Good idea and might as well have a probe around the SC but seriously if that SC is bad, got nothing to lose negotiating.

Not sure what blows on these could be 30F131 transistors but some parts are under heatsinks.

Have you found the 2011 guide for ST30? It may help.

Note the warnings about PSU ,p35 cable
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ok just followed that flow chart and seems as though the tv stayed on. should i see menus or some form of pic? or just not hear it click off? so i really am guessing its the sc board and now i'm going to either have them send me a new one or negotiate with them. as they are part of a major brick and mortar shop i'd assume they won't negotiate. thanks for the help and appreciate your expert advice, i hope i can resolve this soon because i want my 55" back, the 50' g25 just ain't cutting it!

Comment

Ok just followed that flow chart and seems as though the tv stayed on. should i see menus or some form of pic? or just not hear it click off? so i really am guessing its the sc board and now i'm going to either have them send me a new one or negotiate with them. as they are part of a major brick and mortar shop i'd assume they won't negotiate. thanks for the help and appreciate your expert advice, i hope i can resolve this soon because i want my 55" back, the 50' g25 just ain't cutting it!
                                    no, no SC no pic. black screen, so I'm not familiar with these but any other evidence it was running, onboard LED on the SS lit? Optical jack on the A board lit red? So it sounded like it switched on , a relay click and no blinks?

If so that would confirm the SC was bad. If you had a meter you could check vsus and see if 200v or so is present.

Is a gt30 that good? I got a G25 equivalent which is pretty good. I bet the G25 was more reliable. has it blown a SC yet? I've had one go.

Comment

No my g25 is beautiful and running very strong for years now. the gt30 is well worth the repair if i can get it. ps called partstore.com they say that the part is no longer available and i can only get money back. which isn't terrible if i had another board to be repaired.

Comment

No my g25 is beautiful and running very strong for years now. the gt30 is well worth the repair if i can get it. ps called partstore.com they say that the part is no longer available and i can only get money back. which isn't terrible if i had another board to be repaired.
                                        you need the core, sounds like they're calling a bluff, but then get your money and keep the board. what game are they playing at though? it's broken unless it's a repaired board and they need to return to there supplier??

If you want this working I guess you have no options. Glad I've stocked up for my TV, for spares. My SC is no longer available either over here.

Comment

Well like I said, this is not a mom and pop shop, the people who initially broke the board are assholes and I didn't spend money however out a board. Bought a board from a proper supply house and they do not have anymore and seem to not be able to special order, so I can send my board back and get a full refund, be out the board. Or send to modus and be out 245USD total.

Comment

Working...
                                          X