Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Ive been battling this problem on my P50gt30 for over a month now buying SC SS SU SD boards off ebay which i think are all broken. Only SC board i got was from a cracked tv and when i powered the tv on it made the same ZAP crackle pOP sound so there goes another sc board down the drain. Cant seem to find any more boards anyhwere Part is tpna5335BJ I tried the AJ which didnt work either. But after reading this post im going to do some extra testing again to see what i can find. I also would like to know where i can get another SC board. there has to be something we can replace on these boards i just dont know what to test.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

I also found out the part number can be TXNSC1NVUUB but its $166 and have to call to order

Comment

TXNSC1NVUUB seem to be for TC-P55GT30 TC-P55GT31 TC-P55VT30

Comment

Originally posted by 9ks2k View Post
          Ive been battling this problem on my P50gt30 for over a month now buying SC SS SU SD boards off ebay which i think are all broken. Only SC board i got was from a cracked tv and when i powered the tv on it made the same ZAP crackle pOP sound so there goes another sc board down the drain. Cant seem to find any more boards anyhwere Part is tpna5335BJ I tried the AJ which didnt work either. But after reading this post im going to do some extra testing again to see what i can find. I also would like to know where i can get another SC board. there has to be something we can replace on these boards i just dont know what to test.
          You have to check the SD/SU boards for shorts, you can't assume they're ok, even the ones you purchased used.

Been there, done that and blew a new SC with shorted out buffers!
          Last edited by tw2005; 06-13-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

yeah i think the first time it blew was because the the SD SU boards. i only replaced the SC then i think i shorted out the new SC. have to go test everything again then purchase what i need.

Comment

yeah i think the first time it blew was because the the SD SU boards. i only replaced the SC then i think i shorted out the new SC. have to go test everything again then purchase what i need.
              hi 9ks2k...any update on the repair?

I also got the dreaded 7 blinks of death on my GT30 2 days ago...i am hoping to be covered by my cc extended warranty...who knows if the board is available in stock

Comment

Havent had the time with work and all. still need to make sure its the SC board. I did check the SU SD boards that originally were in my tv and they checked out to be in working order. the SC board i purchased might have been dead already since it came from a cracked TV. saving up for a SC board from Panasonic they list as $168 new on the parts site just haven't tried called to order just yet. let me know how yur fix works out with yours .
                Originally posted by thelefteyeguy View Post
                hi 9ks2k...any update on the repair?

I also got the dreaded 7 blinks of death on my GT30 2 days ago...i am hoping to be covered by my cc extended warranty...who knows if the board is available in stock

Comment

Originally posted by KongRubix View Post
                  It might be hard to get my girlfriend to agree to another plasma-screen, haha -- but I'd like to not let this one setback paint all plasmas as unworthy or anything. I'll definitely check Costco out.

If I were to get another plasma, are there any brands/specific models you might recommend? And if I absolutely had to settle for an LED, are there any you like or do you think those TVs are inherently inferior to plasmas?
                  Man get yourself a favour pay a little more and get a Sony xbr 950 full array local dim, the best tv in the market, i still have the old tube 2002, 36KVhs500 hd sony trinitron and put any of the new technology tvs to shame when it comes to pic quality,but when it goes bad that's what i'm getting, a Sony xbr950

Comment

Meh. Local dimming means halo effect. So star fields etc. don't look so great because there's only a small number of dimming zones. And moving objects have halos. Prefer OLED or plasma because it can make near zero black regardless of content (OLED can make true black.)
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      Meh. Local dimming means halo effect. So star fields etc. don't look so great because there's only a small number of dimming zones. And moving objects have halos. Prefer OLED or plasma because it can make near zero black regardless of content (OLED can make true black.)
                      Maybe on some peoples eyes not on mine and many others, i've spent many hours checking out and comparing all the displays edge led plasma and led full array local dimme and the pic on the xbr950 compared to the mentioned tv displays here,not even close to the quality of the local dimme display,besides name me a tv display that don't have some type of original electronic deformation,nothing that is electronic is 100% perfect,some tv displays have more of this and others have more of that.but all and all local dimme tech beats them all, i'm not talking about OLEDS since they are not in the market yet and they cost too much,so leave this tech out and discuss what is in the market

Comment

Well, I'm personally using a 2008 Panasonic plasma, which works better than my brother's new Samsung smart LED. But all technologies have their disadvantages; plasma's main problem is power usage. LED TV uses a third the energy and for most people gives a good enough display.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Well, I'm personally using a 2008 Panasonic plasma, which works better than my brother's new Samsung smart LED. But all technologies have their disadvantages; plasma's main problem is power usage. LED TV uses a third the energy and for most people gives a good enough display.
                          Tom I have to disagree with you on that one,for me the biggest problem with Plasmas is that you have a lousy pic full of reflexions and fuzziness when you watch tv on a well lit room,
                          and i must test to that when i check pic on plasma and other led or lcd displays side by side on Best Buy stores.
                          But i also have to admit that plasma is preaty good but on dark rooms, not for me,can't watch tv on dark room, it's not healthy for your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                            Tom I have to disagree with you on that one,for me the biggest problem with Plasmas is that you have a lousy pic full of reflexions and fuzziness when you watch tv on a well lit room,
                            and i must test to that when i check pic on plasma and other led or lcd displays side by side on Best Buy stores.
                            But i also have to admit that plasma is preaty good but on dark rooms, not for me,can't watch tv on dark room, it's not healthy for your eyes.
                            Also check reviews of people that aquired this tv!

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35431205.html

Comment

watching tv in dark rooms is bad for your eyes now? never heard of that before. ive heard reflections can make u drowsy. watching tv to long in general is bad lets leave it at that.

Comment

Ill also pass on a Sony xbr950 its way over prices and i personally will shoot any tv that gives me clouds. stick with plasma if u get a 5 year warranty.

Comment

Most TVs now have glossy screens, so LED vs plasma doesn't matter that much in that respect, though plasma doesn't have as much brightness.
                                  My 2008 Panny though, with its 500W power consumption, is brighter than most LCDs. But boy, does it want a lot of power!!
                                  Last edited by tom66; 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: Got another used SC board this time the same as original. still getting 7 blinks. went through the 2011Plasma.pdf posted on this thread. went to Slide 70 and followed the chart to where it says shuts off a blinks 7 times. I then isolated the SD/SU and get 7 blinks= DEAD SC again? tested the SU/SD boards they never made my MM beep. Should i test for voltages to the SC board?

Comment

UPDATE: Got another used SC board this time the same as original. still getting 7 blinks. went through the 2011Plasma.pdf posted on this thread. went to Slide 70 and followed the chart to where it says shuts off a blinks 7 times. I then isolated the SD/SU and get 7 blinks= DEAD SC again? tested the SU/SD boards they never made my MM beep. Should i test for voltages to the SC board?
                                      When you isolated SD/SU, did you also have a jumper across the 2 pins at connector SC50 on the SC board when you turned the TV on?

If not, you will get SOS7. In a situation like this and this is in hindsight now but I would have hooked up the brand new SC board jumping SC50, no buffer boards so you would know whether the SC was good or not.
                                      Last edited by tw2005; 07-16-2013, 03:30 AM.

Comment

yes i did test with the jumper. the board isnt brand new its one i got from a online parts store. they have a warranty so im going to return it. i think alot of places dont test boards like they say they do. also do u keep the sc2 and sc20 cables hooked up for this test?

Comment

yes, the idea is you power up the Tv as normal, just that the buffer boards are disconnected from the SC. The idea to isolate whether the 7 blink is at the buffers or the Sc.

Yes it's a sad fact that they do not all test and I guess apart from checking for obvious shorts at the transistors, the 5v and 15V connections at Sc20 or failed SMD volatge regulators then it's hard to know for sure.

If the boards come from a new TV which cracked panel in transit, they should be good as new, but if it's from a TV which was powered and the panel was cracked then good chance the buffers and/or SC are blown in the process.

I've had 2 SC and 2 sets of buffers supplied in a row from so called TV experts or "Tested" DOA. Most annoying.

The only 2 I trust so far who have not let me down are Paylesscomponents (ebay Us) and SJ but for international SJ is the fastest but also the most Expensive, payless are much cheaper for me.

But you can still get a bad one but looking at their stock levels for some boards it's clear to me the bulk of their stock would have to be new damaged in transit stuff which gives better odds.

Paypal I find helps giving an avenue for dispute and they reverse the funds from the seller and put them on hold which puts pressure on the seller.

I was fortunate the 2 bad one the sellers had a very helpful approach and gave me a full refund including shipping.

I would try those ones again at least they are genuine, just wish they would take more care as testing the boards for shorts is fairly quick and obvious.

i tested both lots prior to install, never bothered powering them because both failed on the very first component I tested on each.

If you're suspecting the PSU, if you disconnect all 3 white ribbons from the A-board, remove power from the SS and Sc and i'd also disconnect the power from the PSU that feeds straight to the C board then the Tv should poer on with no blinks and you should see the voltages on the PSu for checking.

I did this on a 42" 2010 model I was having no joy working out whether SN or SS were bad as all I could get out of the set was 6 or 8 blinks and the charts were saying A-board.

Well it was not the A-board but was A-board related in that I ended up discovering corroded ribbons from the A and also the C board had and IC which I suspect the A had blown because of the shorts.

Not related to your issue but sometimes you get a hard one with multiple fail points.

keep plugging away at it, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
                                          Last edited by tw2005; 07-16-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X