50pg20 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50pg20 problem

Need some help on this one. I've got a 50pg20 plasma that the picture quit on me. Sounds still works just no picture.

I recently replaced the power board...I also checked it just now and all the readings with a dmm, everything is fine with the power board.

My YSus board is not heating up, I can physically feel my ZSus board heating up, but my YSus board is ice cold(the heat dissapaters) when I hook up the power. I have checked all voltages both leaving the power board and also all voltages entering the YSus board. Just to be safe, I bought a new YSus board thinking that was the problem. The new YSus board is also ice cold to the touch after hooking up power. Lastly, I disconnected the power in to the YSus board and checked the circuits in the board, all checked out from a pin check.

What in the world could the problem be that 2 different YSus boards have power in to them but neither will heat up and act like they are working??

Re: 50pg20 problem

Is screen lit up visibly in a dark room?
    Could be control board or buffer board failure.
    Check Vs supply to Y-sus, should be around 200V.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Screen will not show any light in a dark room. Vs supply to YSus is good. I've checked it over and over?

Are there any checks that I can do to control board or buffer board?

Comment

Pull your upper and lower buffer boards. Power up. Does it warm up now? Unplug it and Plug one buffer board in at a time. Try upper first. If still dark disconnect upper an connect lower.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Btw you can leave the ribbon cables connected from the panel going to the buffers. Just disconnect the buffers from the y sustain.

Comment

That is sound advice. Didn't think about doing that. Doing it now, will respond shortly.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

disconnect all cables from the digital main pwb. then jumper test holes labeled "auto gen" on the control pwb. power on if the screen lites and goes through the test patterns you know everything is good on the display and it is the main pwb that is the issue.

Comment

I'm eyeballing the same model with the same problem. Were you able to figure it out?

Comment

Working...
                  X