Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

You found an open resistor and shorted mosfet?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The ceramic power resistor is no doubt bad, it measures open and has a crack on the backside of it , i do question the nearby components , transistor shows shorted, the old school looking resistor shows open or can get a reading don't have a clue what its value supposed to be, its color bands supposed to tell ya. and the 2 little ceramic resistor seems to be out of tolerance. i added two pics maybe you can come up with a theory of what went wrong or its job in this part of power board. and i marked what is what. k2865 shows as a mosfet or transistor not 100% on what it is, however its shorted or just not getting a reading!! anyhow. thanks tom could use some help on what is what, or least a reconfirmation. again thanks i should have spotted this before i made a post but least it may help someone having same issue with same tv.
      Attached Files

Comment

The other resistors are likely reading what they do because your probes have some unwanted series resistance. Try with the probes touching, it will read something like 00.2 ohms, subtract this from your other readings to get actual resistance.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

did the probe together test it reads 00.3 ohms seem to be within reason?

Comment

ahh makes sense thanks for the another tip, so those resistors are fine except the big 10 ohm and the best way to test the mosfet would be? just wanna make sure i am getting this correct on ohm 200 i read open on 2 legs and on one leg and back metal plate i get reading my dmm does have fet plug to test npn etc never totally figured the thing out. yeah i have lots to learn yet makes ya wonder how i manged to fix all those displays in the past but always learning..

Comment

not without this awesome forum anyhow very grateful for this site and the people in it

Comment

this guide is not bad for testing mosfet
                http://www.4qdtec.com/mostest.html

Comment

thanks alot!!!!, ok the mosfet tests good so its just the one lonely cracked 10 ohm ceramic resistor gonna see if i have one if not will order provided i can find one.

Comment

Digikey is your friend

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...10RE-ND/824537

Comment

Yeah he seems to be huh lol got it ordered, now its the waiting game, stay tuned will update results hopefully it comes to life and works. Thanks again everyone!!!

Comment

Well, good luck. I want a 60" plasma now, if it is just a simple resistor, I will be impressed. Then again my NEC 50" plasma was just a bad amp board, I unplugged it and it worked. That thing was beautifully overbuilt in so many ways.

Comment

well here is the update replaced the 10 ohm resistor made improvement, however we have a new prob area. i added a pic to show the area where it fried and i seen the flash i think we have a short in the upper power board er somthin how should i go about testing the area i marked in the pic and where the plug goes up to the upper power board kinda glad i left all the boards unplugged except the power boards cause it could have fried more.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Check the MOSFETs on those heatsinks for shorts - I'll bet one is shorted.

Comment

in post 62 the k2865 looks to be a transistor not a mosfet as the testing guide i sent you try testing it again this guide seems good
                              http://www.stickycarpet.com/pinx/test.html

Comment

and i discovered that long ic within what i circled is fried too ugh...

Comment

could be wrong just disappointed.... wg853p is the only thing on that heatsink on the opposite side looks like its a three phase control.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                    in post 62 the k2865 looks to be a transistor not a mosfet as the testing guide i sent you try testing it again this guide seems good
                                    http://www.stickycarpet.com/pinx/test.html
                                    lol yeah it fails that one sheesh...

Comment

just made an offer on a power board hope he takes it now when i plug this board in i should prolly leave just the power filter board and it plugged in in case there are shorts in the upper power supply how should i go about that?

Comment

not really down for wild goose chase of shorts and when i fried it took more then one thing with it..... i don't trust the upper unit, perhaps i should see if its got issues as well.

Comment

question...when i did the mosfet test how did it pass that if its actually a transistor?

Comment

Working...
                                          X