Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Yes. You can test that HV (approx 400V) when the lower is working, should be 165V (±10V) in standby, and when power button is pressed, rise to around 400V (±20V.) You can then unplug the TV, wait for the 400V to trickle down to a few volts, plug the main connector back in and observe if it fails. I think it will be fine. You could also try the light bulb trick - http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/smpsfaq.htm#smpstslbt
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      in post 65 you mentioned mosfet testing so i sent you that link but when i just re read the whole posts and googled the number it says k2865 is a transistor not sure why it passed the mosfet test though. whats the part number on the long ic thats blown as these power supplies seem very expesive.
      have you tested the k2865 out of circuit also has your new resistor now gone open circuit as well?
      just gonna replace that lower power board too much went up in smoke, the time and effort to fix the fried componets just not worth it i have located one for under 70 buxs, it smoked a pretty good area.

Comment

well i think i found what went wrong, as i wetted the sponge for the soldier iron station a small droplet of water landed on the ic, my dumb ass did not see it cause u can see the water stain between the 2 pins on the ic, DOH!!!! should have dried my hands better before i put the sponge in its holder. went ahead and soildered the new resistor in and should have inspected the board better before i plugged it in...you all can call me nucklehead go ahead say it!!!!

Comment

still gonna take precautions before i go hooking up the second supply.

Comment

just the thought of possibility of having a working 60 incher for 4 buxs went to 60 buxs cause of my clutzy behind just makes me sick, well live and learn i will get this beast running one way or another.

Comment

plus the cost of purchase...

Comment

It will beat my 50" for £50, I am sure you can fix it. New, this TV would cost, what, at least $700? More?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

in 2007 this tv fetched close to $3,000 , nowadays you can find 60" fer a 1,000 and it will be a generic brand.

Comment

900 if you look hard enough, used i would say 450 to 700.

Comment

Some people view Vizio as a decent brand. I'm skeptical as I've seen a lot of main board failures - the power supplies seem to last but the main boards die like nothing else!

In this case it's basically a rebranded LG and you may want to tell customers that.

Comment

basically is an lg, aren't most vizio rebranded lg? don't scare me like that man if i find out mainboard is junk too i will probably crap myself. but i highly doubt it thou.

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                          basically is an lg, aren't most vizio rebranded lg? don't scare me like that man if i find out mainboard is junk too i will probably crap myself. but i highly doubt it thou.
                          Nah I'd expect that the PSU is the only fault.

Most Vizios are made by a company called AmTRAN in Taiwan. Their plasmas were mostly LG... I think they made one or two with Samsung parts and one large 50" with Panasonic parts. The main boards are usually unique.

Comment

i see, too bad they don't last like crt's do heck sometimes them crt would last longer then u like, my dad has an old crt i grew up around it and the darn thing still works, he just upgraded to a bigger crt tv and moved that old one to his bedroom LOL. and it is an 1985 zenith tv i was 5 yrs old when he got it. and its just works relentlessly.

Comment

but then again if they did last i would have not picked this up for 100 buxs, well see if this fella takes the offer for that board got my fingers crossed.

Comment

Okay got the lower power board today installed it and yay gained 5 volt standby and now the vizio led lights up, no more speaker pop. however still no relay clicks, no vs,va voltages, this thing is a stinker anyways, both power boards are getting proper voltages just no ouput from the upper power board, and no relay voltages, what to do now?

Comment

Unplug the Y-sus and Z-sus then check for Vs. Should be 180 - 210V. For LG, it usually around 185V. The exact voltage is indicated on the plasma panel.

Comment

suppose to be 195volts none whatsoever even after pressing power button, also want to add i have voltage going to mainboard from lower supply, but none coming out of mainboard to upper supply.

Comment

i think the people i got it from swapped me a bad mainboard before he sold it to me.....just a theory...

Comment

Quite possible. Is there a pin marked PS-ON, on the PSU? It should change when power button is pressed. If it doesn't, the main board is bad.

Since you have a Vizio with the infamous orange-to-white logo but nothing further... check here:
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFzB...hannel&list=UL

It's for an LCD but it may be comparable to your plasma main board.

Comment

no ps-on however on lower power board i get

rl-on 0.01 nothing when power button pressed
                                          stby 5v 5.02 volts
                                          auto-on 0.01volts
                                          vs-on 4.98 volts
                                          nothing changes when power button pressed
                                          again nothing from mainboard to upper power supply.

Comment

Working...
                                          X