Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

If there's no PSON, then the main board is at fault. Double check the connector going to the buttons too. Does it do the same with the remote control? Can you turn the set off, once it is on?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

okay looks like the mainboard needs to receive voltage from both the upper and lower power supply and it gets none from the upper but does get 5 volts from the lower, so something is wrong with the upper power supply i imagine. perhaps when the lower fried it took somthing out in the upper?

Comment

funny thing is there is no pson label anywhere LOL.

Comment

rl-on i imagine this is relay on
          stby5v i get 5 volts
          auto-on get 0.01
          vs-on i get 4.98
          the upper power supply has nothing just the main power going in and thats it
          this is a weird setup from your average plasma so still hard to tell if its mainboard or upper power supply problem.

Comment

vs-on is High but you are not getting Vs. This might be the problem.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the vizio light stays on, regardless, the moment its plugged in. if that helps?

Comment

i looked at the manual well say to the least it sucks, can you find actual schematics and interpret them for me ? i am lost atm. hhhmmmm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  vs-on is High but you are not getting Vs. This might be the problem.
                  and that would be related to the upper supply and lower not working together i would imagine.

Comment

Never found a schematic for any LG supply, sorry - no luck there.

Are you getting 165V to the upper board? I think RL-ON may be an issue too. That should be generated by the upper board.

Comment

both lines red and blue are getting 65 volts from lower power board, red gets 65 blue gets 65, try to read them together with positive on red and neg on blue reads nothing however if i move neg to black wire on line filter i get 65 volts on blue and red from line filter to lower and from lower to upper 65volts each line.

Comment

no 165 volts anywhere i can find, any way u put it.

Comment

On that red/black going to the big power board?

The relay is not kicking in, perhaps due to bad relay signals. I'm sure there must be a power on signal somewhere. Maybe on the big power board? Could be called ON/OFF, PS-ON, STBY.

Comment

upper power board to mainboard connector

pin1..GND
                            pin2..5vsc
                            pin3..5vsc
                            pin4..GND
                            pin5..GND
                            pin6..12v
                            pin7..12v
                            pin8..GND
                            pin9..GND
                            all are dead no voltage to mainboard or from mainboard

Lower power board to mainboard

pin1..acd not connected empty
                            pin2..rl-on gets 0.04volts
                            pin3--stby 5v gets 5.02 volts
                            pin4..auto-on pin 0.01 volts
                            pin5..vs-on 4.98 volts
                            pin6..5vd not connected
                            pin7..GND

however the small 3 pin connector from upper powerboard to the line filter plugs in right next to the relays gets 5.3 volts each all three pins

Comment

power button does work i unplugged it put dmm on continuity and press button and get a short reading and let off button get open short reading so it works.

Comment

Hmm does VS-ON vary at all when the TV is not told to turn on?

I'm thinking auto ON is their name for the power on signal. And it's not turning on, pointing to possibly a main board fault.

Can you get hold of a few 220 ohm resistors? Disconnect the 7 pin main board connector. Then wire as below for two tests:

220 ohm from pin 3 to pin 2: Relays should click, disconnect it, should click back.
                                220 ohm from pin 3 to pin 4 and 220 ohm from pin 3 to pin 5: Vs should come up (195V), all other voltages should come up.

Comment

I watched that video very interesting however half the main board is getting power and half is not all fuses are good will test voltage regulators tomorrow. but it seems it supposed to get power from the upper as well not sure atm. Only getting power from lower power board to main board and get power thru the fuse by that connector, 5 volts, however by the other connector that comes from the upper power board to the main board and the fuses by that connector gets no voltage whatsoever. i think i have 220 ohm ceramics will double check to try that trick your talking, hope i don't smoke anything, made some progress, don't want to take steps back lol.
                                  Last edited by heavymachines; 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

The 220 ohms are to limit current so you don't smoke anything . That is, if there is nothing wrong on the upper board.

Comment

Should i disconnect the main board for precautions?, while i jump those connections?
                                      Last edited by heavymachines; 09-26-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, you should jump those from the connector which is on the main board side, leave all other connectors on main board undone for now.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                          The 220 ohms are to limit current so you don't smoke anything . That is, if there is nothing wrong on the upper board.
                                          WoW very reassuring LOL, wonder if i am gonna get more fireworks but i am trusting you man lol. will try those tomorrow stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                          X