Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VM60P HDTV10A No signs of life except speaker pop when unplugged

That sucks really bad, those go for 100 plus, and thing about this tv is it seems to be a stand alone unit for parts, i have had zero luck finding a interchangeable parts...on other tv's i have found interchangeable parts, this thing seems to be a unicorn. dang...so i suppose nobody knows a guy that has a way to reprogram the firmware...? thanks for your time and effort, its been a great learning experience..... so u think the lower power board went out and took the eeprom with it? weird how it stays on after i unplug it. so your certin this is the end of line to try anything else?

Comment

Didn't you say the guy swapped the main board? Maybe the main board was OK in the first place and he swapped it with a bad one.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i have my suspicions he swapped it ,cause his story was when i bought it that a vizio tv tech came to his house and swapped the main board and same results, nothing changed.....well i think it safe to say that was a lie? what u think?

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
          i have my suspicions he swapped it ,cause his story was when i bought it that a vizio tv tech came to his house and swapped the main board and same results, nothing changed.....well i think it safe to say that was a lie? what u think?
          Why would someone lie about that? It doesn't make sense. If anything it makes the TV less attractive: shows a TV tech has given up on it and makes you think it's less repairable.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

well i guess i figured i could outsmart, well if his story was true then the main board would be fine correct? cause the lower power board was at fault, i am trying to figure what went wrong myself just like you, the guy admitted that he cannot do component level repair, so i figured i would give it a shot well dumb me got played looks like... and he did mention he thought the prob was somewhere in one of the power boards and he was done sinking money into it for the suppose board swap....

Comment

ahh whatever its done deal now i have to figure out what to do hhhmmm, do i sink another 100 into it for a main board or do i part it out? aye i say fix it it still headroom to make off it thou its chipping away...almost to the point i will keep the thing...so its definitely main board issue, if i replace the board and it don't work then what?

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                ahh whatever its done deal now i have to figure out what to do hhhmmm, do i sink another 100 into it for a main board or do i part it out? aye i say fix it it still headroom to make off it thou its chipping away...almost to the point i will keep the thing...so its definitely main board issue, if i replace the board and it don't work then what?
                Well, how much do you want a 60" plasma?

Is it worth spending $160 total + cost to get the TV (???) to sell it for $??? ($700-1000?)

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Why would someone lie about that? It doesn't make sense. If anything it makes the TV less attractive: shows a TV tech has given up on it and makes you think it's less repairable.
                  well u did mention most tv tech guys just board swap and that's it, i was underestimating as well LOL.

Comment

Also if a parts dealer has had a board available for several months with no sale contact them and see if they'll let it go for less.

Or, find one which is more expensive than their competitor. Say if they beat their competitor's price by $20, you'll order with them instead. They'd much rather sell a board for less, than not at all.

Comment

100.00 for tv
                      20.00 in gas to get the darn thing 30 mile drive in my big tank drinks gas bad
                      60.00 for power board
                      12.00 shipping for power board
                      5.00 for that resister ended up wasting
                      and around 100 more for main board

thinking i be lucky to get 600 for it
                      still can make off it approx 2 to 300 what u think?

Comment

I'd go for it.
                        You may decide you want to keep it .

Comment

as tom66 said i would go for it to not found many at a good price though
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-3860-0...item20cb84b76b
                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-28-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

yeah that's the cheapest one i could find as well...most places are either out of stock or want an arm and leg for it...should be ordered today along with remote for it...thanks for helping it's greatly appreciated!!!!!will update results.

Comment

Okay got the main board in put it in and yay power button responds turn on but to va or vs voltages, i was like what the heck....I wiggled the connector to the main board it kept clicking and va comes and goes so i turned it off, pulled the connector and bent all the pins closer together to get a good connection, plugged it back in turned it on and it turn on hooked a laptop to it and i got video,yes yes yes this is good, been on for a hour so far so good, TOM66 your the man!!!!!,Thanks alot now 60 full inches of beauty muhahhaha awesome ,gonna run it for few days to make sure it's solid stable.

Comment

lil minor detail however is screen is lil darker in middle and lighter on sides trying to determine if its burn in or a connection issue.

Comment

So I know this is a dead thread but I'm have the exact same tv and problem. Besides the main board what else did you have to replace to get it working? Did the picture ever clean up?

Comment

had to replace lower power board of the 3 and did a solid white image to get the burn in to clean up...cheers

the lower power board in question was right above the main board and it had a bad resistor by heatsink, but i made a mistake and droped a lil bit of water and did not see it and fried the lower power board so had to replace....
                                    Last edited by heavymachines; 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hey I know this has been dead for alittle while again,lol but mine has the same problem with no standby power and only getting 59volts at the black wire on the sub power board. Do you think it is the main board also?

Comment

Would suggest reading a bit further where we determined 59 volts was a nonsensical reading caused by incorrect testing.

Comment

ok thanks tom66. I am very very new to this and read over a few times. would the no standby power point to the power supply unit or main board?

Comment

Working...
                                          X