Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42PC1D Y-sus?

Hello,

Well I taught my luck was in getting a 42PC1D that doesn't work for €30 thinking that the boards my be compatable with my 50PC1D tv but they are different. So I may as well try get this one sorted while I am waiting on parts for the 50 inch.
    Stripped it down and found a blown fuse on the y-sus board, replaced it and still shuts down after 5 secounds. The tv will power up if the y-sus is disconnected from the PSU, I have done the AC Decect job that Tom66 has posted here before but still no joy. What should I look for on the Y board now or is there something I'm missing?

Cheers.

Re: LG 42PC1D Y-sus?

Originally posted by caspermccormack View Post
    Hello,

Well I taught my luck was in getting a 42PC1D that doesn't work for €30 thinking that the boards my be compatable with my 50PC1D tv but they are different. So I may as well try get this one sorted while I am waiting on parts for the 50 inch.
    Stripped it down and found a blown fuse on the y-sus board, replaced it and still shuts down after 5 secounds. The tv will power up if the y-sus is disconnected from the PSU, I have done the AC Decect job that Tom66 has posted here before but still no joy. What should I look for on the Y board now or is there something I'm missing?

Cheers.
    Check the hybrid's Vs to GND for shorts. Check from both ends of fuse to case you should see >500 ohms.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have the board out, one side of the fuse is OL. and the other is 000.3

Comment

Checking the hybrid, I am getting beebs back from the DMM between GND, SUS OUT, ER UP, ER DN, and VS.

Comment

Originally posted by caspermccormack View Post
          Checking the hybrid, I am getting beebs back from the DMM between GND, SUS OUT, ER UP, ER DN, and VS.
          You need a new one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sa...o&LH_PrefLoc=2

These are difficult to replace: I've never had the pleasure, thankfully.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have fun having a go!!!!

Comment

i broke a board trying to get one of those out its a pain

Comment

Got it out, took a while with the heatsink, but out and the board looks fine.

I can see some damage to the hybrid I'll stick up some photos.

Attached Files

Comment

I drill holes in the board now to get at the screws to remove the heat sink.

Comment

Originally posted by cadiman View Post
                    I drill holes in the board now to get at the screws to remove the heat sink.
                    That was my next trick

Comment

I cut slot in the end of the screws that hold the heat sink on and screw them out that way. You dont drill through any traces that way. To remove the old IC, I use a dremell tool to cut all the legs off, then pull each leg out with a hot iron. You never damage a trace that way. The ICs are available on ebay.

Comment

One word of caution; be sure to check that supply voltage to the IPM is stable +15V (or +18V) and of correct level. A bad supply could cause the new IPM to blow. This is because the supply is used for all gate drive circuits in the IPM and a too low gate drive voltage could cause too high power dissipation in the IPM power FET's.
                        Sometimes I use to add a 47uF cap directly between +15V supply and GND to improve ripple rejection close to the IPM.
                        I have managed to replace several IPM's without having to drill or do any special tricks. Having a good soldering station is all what's needed.

Comment

The traces are 1" wide so it`s really not an issue. I do this to inspect solder joints directly under the chip after soldering and you need alot less heat to remove and install the ipms.

I would like to have a soldering station.

I have a wife instead and I am lucky she lets me do anything that doesn`t involve her.

Comment

Originally posted by cadiman View Post
                            The traces are 1" wide so it`s really not an issue. I do this to inspect solder joints directly under the chip after soldering and you need alot less heat to remove and install the ipms.

I would like to have a soldering station.

I have a wife instead and I am lucky she lets me do anything that doesn`t involve her.
                            A little bit off topic, but it really is possible to have both a wife AND a soldering station , but I understand exactly what you mean - it's not popular business to not involve them

Comment

Ah, the fun police or as I call her, wife!

Comment

Sell some TVs and hand over her some money and then you can do your hobby. I even involve her in what I'm doing, at a degree.

Comment

I wouldnt mind having someone to hold down the reset buttons on this damn sharp im working on... granted i think it would be very hard to find a girl willing to sit there doing it for 2 hours while i test voltages.
                                  Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

New part in, BINGO!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Now back to the 50" fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                    X