Philips 42PFL7432D/37 can't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42PFL7432D/37 can't turn on

My Philips 42PFL7432D/37 can't be turned on from either RC or control panel.
    Thanks to PlainBill, I found the service manual.
    I checked the Display Supply board at 1P11, found 12V, 5V, power good present. I also checked the Small Signal Board at 1B40, found 12 VS and 5V standby; at DC/DC (B02A) section, found 3.3V, 1.8V and 1.2V as well. 24V are also at the utility boards.
    How should I troubleshoot this problem? Appreciate any help.

Re: Philips 42PFL7432D/37 can't turn on

Have you tried hooking up a signal source *DVD player, video game) and stepping through the inputs to see if you hear sound on any input? Also, the control input to the panel power supply is labeled 'Standby', which implies it goes high to turn off the supply, but that is not certain. The presence of the voltages you describe imply that the TV is on.

I have not traced all of the control signals yet. One point to look for is the control signal to the inverters. It would be embarrassing for both of us if I suggested replacing the main board when it turned out to be a bad inverter.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I tried to cycle the power switch several times; once I was able to turn the unit on, then it worked as usual with sounds and pictures. I took the opportunity to update the software; wasn't sure it would help anything. It has been working for 2 days, will have to wait longer to see if problem comes back.
      Original problem: TV wasn't able to turn on after disconnecting and reconnecting main AC cord.

Comment

Originally posted by backoi View Post
        I tried to cycle the power switch several times; once I was able to turn the unit on, then it worked as usual with sounds and pictures. I took the opportunity to update the software; wasn't sure it would help anything. It has been working for 2 days, will have to wait longer to see if problem comes back.
        Original problem: TV wasn't able to turn on after disconnecting and reconnecting main AC cord.
        So, you can occasionally, but not always, turn the TV on?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X