Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic (Technika ) 32" LCD TV Fault

Ok

I had brought a faulty TV for very cheap , knowing it was faulty , in hope that I could repair it .

Symptoms:

Upon initial inspection , I noticed there is impact damage to the top corner casing , though the screen seems intact and clean. The TV once plugged in shows a standby red light , I can press the power button and the TV then makes a short humming along with a short buzz which lasts for 5-7 seconds . The TV LCD backlight appears to then come on , though the screeen remains plain black for approximately 1 minuite .

after a minute or so various thin cloured lines start slowly appearing , until It finally settles like this :http://img268.*************/img268/9902/dsc1042zm.jpg

I then dismantled everything , and Visually checked all the Caps , connectors and soldering Everything looked fine . I double checked and re-plugged the ribbon connectors on the T-Con board . I tried to turn on TV after checking over , though it is still the same

On a plus note , apart from the LCD panel and housing all replacement parts are available on Ebay . I am currently watching a replacement inverter board and T-con board on Ebay . Seems like this TV uses a TCON board that is also used in Sony models

Judging by the damage on the TV housing , I have a slight hunch it may be a faulty panel , though I hope not

I have searched the internet and people with simmilar problems have mentioned the T-COn board and Cap replacements as possible solutions . What do you thing could be the fault with this TV, how shall I rectify it? I would like to be certain

Look foreward to hear from you all

Peace
    Last edited by 90Ninety; 08-25-2011, 06:31 PM.

Re: Generic (Technika ) 32" LCD TV Fault

I have the same problem with my Proview PA-40JK1A....except the symptoms on mine are reversed. Started out with thin vertical lines and buzzing sound and now just a black screen and no power light....weird. Me and a friend got mine going for about 3 months by using the heat gun trick but it's down again but even worse now. I hope someone can help you with yours but my post is so old, nobody looks at it anymore.

Comment

@ gorr35

On which board did you use the heatgun ?

Have you tried replacing the faulty part?

Comment

Originally posted by 90Ninety View Post
        @ gorr35

On which board did you use the heatgun ?

Have you tried replacing the faulty part?
        The heat gun was used on the power supply, the mainboard and the tuner board. A hair dryer will work also. I will replace the faulty part when I figure out which one it is. My first thought was the T-Con board....until the TV started going out all together.

Comment

Re: Generic (Technika ) 32" LCD TV Fault, Black screen with colured vertical lines

Judging by the damage on the TV housing , I have a slight hunch it may be a faulty panel , though I hope not
          The panel is good, otherwise it would have exhibited the issue from the very start. You have a Tcon or main board failure. gorr35's suggestion to use a heat gun on the large ICs is good, try it.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

A little piece of advise my father gave me: If it drives, flies, floats, or fucks, it will cause you problems.
            LMAO

The panel is good, otherwise it would have exhibited the issue from the very start
            Well I am not sure of the background of the TV , though as mentioned above the TV casing/house/shell is cracked in the corner . So it looks like it has been dropped at some point, though I am unsure if this caused the damage . I brought it faulty on purpose btw . You may be right though , the LCD panel seems clean and intact . I've ordered a T-con board replacement anyway , I will let you know if that fixes the fault

use a heat gun on the large ICs
            Which parts are the IC's ? I presume they are the Square chip's on the boards no?

I didn't want to start working without knowing which parts to heat up with the gun

On a side note I have re-flowed a ps3 using a heat- gun , worked like a charm afterwards

Comment

Which parts are the IC's ? I presume they are the Square chip's on the boards no?
              Yes. IC stands for Integrated Circuit btw.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
              X