• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storyteller12
    replied
    Re: TCL 65s423

Originally posted by sebkarimpour@gmail.com View Post
    I think this isn't best think .in my opinion the you will bwill be better to replace the hole line with new one to prevent returning back
    We always recommend replacing the all the strips but sometimes it's not feasible or people just want to be cheap.

That being said I have replaced single led on Hisense and tcl because they're cheap TVs and if you turn the backlights down they usually last a year or more

Leave a comment:

• sebkarimpour@gmail.com
    replied

I think this isn't best think .in my opinion the you will bwill be better to replace the hole line with new one to prevent returning back

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller12
    replied

I don’t think one is brighter. I think it’s the color temp. of the led.

Just replace the single led. Order a few different 3v and 6v leds with different color temp. Ie; warm white, cool white and even some cold white. There not expensive and if your fixing TVs here in there you will need them later.

Leave a comment:

• nomoresonys
    replied

It's a tv, I think japan owns the company, they are prolly made in china, I don't know 2 might be pushing it, I thought I saw someone maybe on youtube that did more than 1 that may have used an added resistor to keep things balanced but it's been quite a while since I saw it.

Leave a comment:

• EazyBone
    replied

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Just one should be ok, using a funai with that repair daily for last 2 years.
    What's a funai, and what if it was 2? Lol

Leave a comment:

• nomoresonys
    replied

Just one should be ok, using a funai with that repair daily for last 2 years.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-21-2023, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EazyBone
    started a topic TCL 65s423

TCL 65s423

Question, I know Its the backlight. I know how to replace one led but sometimes it comes up slightly brighter then the other. I have tried this on another TV and worked but ....

Can I just take the LED off that is bad and just solder the connection together without putting a light there. When I did this on a donation TV it worked and wouldn't show any difference in quality. Although the voltage going to the lights was 3v less with LED tester and will be 3 v higher when turned on. Will this cause a problem quickly?? Thanks
Working...
X