Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi 37" Plasma TV

I was asked to look at a plasma TV.
    I used to be a colour TV engineer many years ago before I moved on to Avionic electronics and then scientific instruments.
    The owner had been replacing the fuse because it kept on blowing .
    Now its like a dodo ,so I took the Murata power supply away to have a look at what was not happening ,one of the current limiting resistors on the mains input is open cicuit ,and one of the HV mosfets is shortcircuit.
    Looking on the internet for the power supply I found a repair kit ,two 10 ohm 5 watt resistors ,and two HV mosfets .
    Also advice on the internet is to remove a module called IC201 and check two surface mouted transistors to make sure thet are not shortcircuit,before you replace the two mosfets.

Barry Wilkins

Re: Hitachi 37" Plasma TV

This is excellent info, thanks for sharing. Now we know that this model is an easy fix!

Comment

Re: Hitachi 37" Plasma TV

Hello, I also have a Hitachi Plasma TV that is dead. What internet site had the replacement kits for the power supply board. My board is also a Murata, but MPF7404 for 42" plasma. I have removed 2 HV Mosfets that I believe to be bad. I hope that is all that is bad but there will probably be more.

Comment

Working...
      X