Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Un55h6350afxza

Originally posted by lotas View Post
    I did not mean to order from this site, I showed what part numbers should be for finding and ordering a motherboard.
    I was seeking assistance for a source as well since I haven't found any listed on Shop Jimmy or other providers I have used before. I just want to be sure that a replacement board would not require programming as I am unable to do this. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

You can order a board with a smaller or larger diagonal size, let's say "50" and then change it to your panel in service mode, then look for the number BN41-02157B, the main thing is that the connector matches yours (LVDS), and that it matches your region.
      Attached Files

Comment

I just saw the link you posted to my thread. I thought it was a recommendation as a source which I had requested, but then I read the reviews today after I ordered.

WHY WOULD YOU POST A LINK TO A SOURCE TO ANOTHER MEMBER LOOKING FOR A SOURCE WITHOUT STATING A WARNING DONT GO THERE?

If you did this intentionally I'm shocked that a member here would do this to another unsuspecting member.

Comment

Originally posted by jkb242 View Post
          I just saw the link you posted to my thread. I thought it was a recommendation as a source which I had requested, but then I read the reviews today after I ordered.

WHY WOULD YOU POST A LINK TO A SOURCE TO ANOTHER MEMBER LOOKING FOR A SOURCE WITHOUT STATING A WARNING DONT GO THERE?

If you did this intentionally I'm shocked that a member here would do this to another unsuspecting member.
          I don't know anything about this site, I typed in the search and went to this site, so that you can see which numbers you need to pay attention to, and not order from this site.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
            You can order a board with a smaller or larger diagonal size, let's say "50" and then change it to your panel in service mode, then look for the number BN41-02157B, the main thing is that the connector matches yours (LVDS), and that it matches your region.
            Great info thanks. I suppose the board number you recommended was one that is more universal for this series and will accept the appropriate programming or paring with the exact TV configuration in which it would be installed. How is this done exactly, further reading you could suggest. I've ordered the exact replacement and trust no mod to the configuration is required.

I did unknowingly purchase from a vendor who has been found by others here to be less than honest but the link was provide this thread with no warning! and Since I was requesting a source I took this as a link to a good vendor, naturally. . I just hope I'm lucky. I used PayPal so I would have “some” leverage in the event I encounter any issues. Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by jkb242 View Post
              Great info thanks. I suppose the board number you recommended was one that is more universal for this series and will accept the appropriate programming or paring with the exact TV configuration in which it would be installed. How is this done exactly, further reading you could suggest. I've ordered the exact replacement and trust no mod to the configuration is required.

I did unknowingly purchase from a vendor who has been found by others here to be less than honest but the link was provide this thread with no warning! and Since I was requesting a source I took this as a link to a good vendor, naturally. . I just hope I'm lucky. I used PayPal so I would have “some” leverage in the event I encounter any issues. Bummer!
              My response to member nomoresonys was not intended to suggest you (Lotas) posted the link but somehow, my response to nomoresonys was directed to you which was not my intention. Very sorry that reply was apparently sent to you as it was not my intention to do so since you did not post that single link to this vendor.

Comment

What are you smoking PAL? I didn't post a link to that site, Lotus did, before you start running your BIG MOUTH, try reading something when posted.

Comment

Lotas mention this site which I took as a reference location to see the board to which he referred in his explanation, you followed his post with a link containing the same vendor's name which I mistakenly took to appear as a recommendation. You obviously knew this vendor was not one to be recommended since you knew what complaints had been written.

Shame on me for not “catching” that link was to a warning but with everything in mind, you were careless not make this clear the link was to a warning. I'm not inferring you did this with intent to mislead but the seeing link alone was certainly not sufficient.

I admit I should have checked out the link to see it wasn't an endorsement. That was clearly my mistake. I have kept my comments direct and professional without personal insult. I don't believe that's too much to ask of you. Please see attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Re: UN556350AFAZA

Update following system board replacement

Unfortunately no change but pursuing a couple follow on checks and requesting clarification on an earlier diagnostic testing.

-When removing one of display ribbon connections at the T-Con board with the power board connected to the system board, then applying AC power, I reported seeing the backlights turn on while viewing the rear panel and seeing a very dim backlight, across the screen, barely noticeable viewing the front of the display. Should the backlights be fully turned on at this point? The same question also applies to the other test with the power board disconnected from the system board. Why do the backlights turn on with either one of the T-Con to display ribbons connected but not both? Also, should there not be a viewable message of “no input” displayed on at least 1/2 the screen? Assuming there were video sources connected to the system board?

With the replacement system board installed and both boards connected normally, I also noted when AC power is applied, the standby LED blinks 6 times and extinguishes. Could this be due to the EEPROM having lost its programming or possibly being corrupt?

Much thanks for additional input.

Comment

Working...
                    X