X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEAD - Antec Neo HE 550 (no signs of bad caps) - with pictures

Hi guys,
    This Antec died on me.

Symptoms: When I start PSU it's fan spins for 2 secs then stops, PC doesn't power on.

When I 'jump start' PSU without a PC the fan spins in low rotation and the readings in all rails are 0.0v.

Where should I start to look first?

I didn't see any sings of bulging caps or leaks, here are some pics:
    Attached Files

Re: DEAD - Antec Neo HE 550 (no signs of bad caps) - with pictures

I have 4 of these, I hope whatever yours has isn't contagious!! In a PSU, just start at the beginning and work your way forward. Start in the primary, if its working on the primary side, move to the secondary (which is likely where the problem is). Check FET's and regulators. These are Seasonic guts, they don't have capacitor issues under any kind of normal use........but on that note, I know how you run your PC's... HAHA
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Re: DEAD - Antec Neo HE 550 (no signs of bad caps) - with pictures

lOl Chris you bet! But those 18amps can't handle that DFI
      I use a OCZ Powerstrem 520ADJ, I need 32amps on 12v rail for that and ajust the volts to 3.35v - 5.18v and 12.18v for stability.

This NEO I got from other PC that was supposed to be dead.
      PC is working fine but this Antec is dead.

I'll try to follow your tips can you just poit on the pics what is the primary and secondary that you mean I should start working (my 1st psu ressucitation hobby/job).

Thanks!

Originally posted by Topcat
      I have 4 of these, I hope whatever yours has isn't contagious!! In a PSU, just start at the beginning and work your way forward. Start in the primary, if its working on the primary side, move to the secondary (which is likely where the problem is). Check FET's and regulators. These are Seasonic guts, they don't have capacitor issues under any kind of normal use........but on that note, I know how you run your PC's... HAHA

Comment

Working...
      X