Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta Serverpower 450W Ex (CAA-450BT A) went pop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Serverpower 450W Ex (CAA-450BT A) went pop...

Delta Serverpower 450W Ex (CAA-450BT A). Was browsing the Web on my Ivy Bridge system when there was a loud pop from the power supply and the system shut down. I do not recall any smoke coming from the unit. I took it apart but there is no sign of damage. I think only the fuse blew. I would like to identify the problem that caused the fuse to blow. Any ideas? It has only been in use for less than two years.
    Attached Files

Re: Delta Serverpower 450W Ex (CAA-450BT A) went pop...

Originally posted by tleu8472 View Post
    Delta Serverpower 450W Ex (CAA-450BT A). Was browsing the Web on my Ivy Bridge system when there was a loud pop from the power supply and the system shut down. I do not recall any smoke coming from the unit. I took it apart but there is no sign of damage. I think only the fuse blew. I would like to identify the problem that caused the fuse to blow. Any ideas? It has only been in use for less than two years.
    Check the transistors on the primary side heatsink. (near the two big capacitors)
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

also some resistor and caps near the transistor. that is more likely failed when transistor is defect.
      "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
      Rudi
      Thank You

Comment

Maybe check to see if one/both of the MOVs across the big lytics shorted.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

…or opened. Don't see any thermistor so you can probably skip it, if there is some, check it as well.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
          X