Need Help indentifiying this autotransformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help indentifiying this autotransformer

Hi all, need help identifying this auto-transformer manufacturer.
    It belongs in a Venmar EVO5 700 Hepa HRV, that was toasted by 180v power surge (Newfoundland Power).
    I have been able to repair other items that were destroyed i.e. my doorbell with doorbell transformer, my Husky Central Vacuum (used a doorbell transformer to fix too).
    So I am just assuming this is the case with this as the board looks perfect and fuse on it was not blown, but no power.

Any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HELMS-MAN INDUSTRIAL CO LTD

Comment

• Bubbsy 2002
      Bubbsy 2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that, take care. Would happen to know where I can find the part, I just looked at Digikey they don't have this company name?
      Last edited by Bubbsy 2002; 01-02-2024, 05:40 AM.

Yes their sign is right on the transformer

Comment

• Bubbsy 2002
      Bubbsy 2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew that, thank you.

Whats wrong with it? Primary voltage going in and nothing coming out the secondary? Check the thermal fuse inside or replace the transformer with something else.

Comment

• Bubbsy 2002
      Bubbsy 2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I had no power to control board (board has fuse not blown, parts look good), so I am suspecting autotransformer is the problem. I am attaching a picture of transformer with shell off (wondering where fuse my be lurking).

Here is picture of opened transformer.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd say the thermal fuse blew inside of the transformer. You'd have to unwrap the blue tape and dig around on the primary winding.

Comment

• Bubbsy 2002
        Bubbsy 2002 commented
        Editing a comment
        CapLeaker, thank you for that. I watched a few Indians on Youtube unwrapping transformers and this one is complex compared to what I watched.

Finally found that fuse, thanks all. Took me an hour to dismantle and unwind hopefully I can reuse the wire.

Comment

Thanks to all who helped me out with this particular problem. Another item has been save from the landfill. I finally got a fuse and rewound and re-wrapped the auto-transformer.

Comment

Working...
        X