Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

If you send proof of case purchase, I would bet Arctic sends you a new fan..No charge. Those are gar-oon-teed for 6 years.

Ceramic bearings have many advantages but bendability and impact loading are not two of them. The stable dimention tolerance during manufacture/operation with heat gain, surface finish, hardness and porosity make ceramic a very advantagous bearing material. Scythe has a new line of quiet ceramic bearing fans. Zippy.Tw has been producing all kinds of ceramics for many years.

(I read one of your older posts)
    You know the above from being involved in MotoGP because ceramic ball bearings are fast becoming a hot set-up in small displacement racing I helped wrench on a friends son's TZ-250H or J (can't remember which) for two seasons.

Comment

Re: Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

I fixed it with some Arctic Thermal Adhesive, got it almost perfect... Just a wee bit more wobble than the other fan...

I think I might have broken it myself when diassembling the case the first time, since the fan is so exposed it's easy to bend the fanblades when working on it... (plus the case is really cramped...)
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

@Per Hanson : THANKS so much for the trouble you got into to open your case

conclusion of your post is that i take a normal power supply , i take the pcb out and i screw it inside the seasonic.
        then i solder the electrisity wire and i am ok?
        do i need bigger fans?

Comment

Originally posted by karalrs
          then i solder the electrisity wire and i am ok?
          do i need bigger fans?
          Think this should be fine, the fans from AC are oversized, therefore IMHO no bigger fans needed.
          But in any case, it depends on the desing of the new psu too. E.g some newer FSP moddels (including Amacrox and others) have very very smal heatsinks. Those units depends on a very high air intake. thus they shopuld be avoided. Therefore my suggestion to stick on Seasonic, as far as i know they have big heatsinks and are very efficient but of course a bit pricy.
          if you bought some 12cm fan model check the heatsinks compared with th original AC psu pcb ones.

Comment

hello again
            i found this
            seasonic 400watt

its 400 watt and output +12V1@18A, +12V2@18A

it should be fine. hope it will fit

Comment

Well, looking at the specs posted in the AD it is 86mm high... (including the case) there is a 120mm fan which probably is 25mm thick so we land at 51mm. The highest heatsink in the SS-250ATC PSU is 66.5mm

So it should be more than fine... No promises though of course...
              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
                So it should be more than fine... No promises though of course...

Thank you so much for the calculations

You have a lot of knowledge around psu's

i have a diagram of the seasonic.could this help more?

Comment

Well, looking at the specs posted in the AD it is 86mm high... (including the case) there is a 120mm fan which probably is 25mm thick so we land at 51mm.
                  86 minus 25 is 61 right?

Comment

sorry for the replies but i cant edit my messages.

i have made some calculations and i see that maximum size pcb that we could fit inside is 168(145+11.5+11.5)x110(108+0.5+0.5)

from the picture i posted before i see that the seasonic 400w psu has dimensions 150x140. could the pcb be 140mm long???

@@@edit
                    dadadadadad
                    kinda tight there
                    Last edited by karalrs; 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Half way down the second page of this review are pics with the 400 open.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article261-page1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Galvanized
                        Half way down the second page of this review are pics with the 400 open.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article261-page1.html

yes i have posted the picture but i dont know why its has been edited off.

plz PEr Hanson give us the light

Comment

86 minus 25 is 61 right?
                          Haha, yea, guess I pressed the wrong key, gotta blame it on something right? :P

---

Judging by the pics on SPCR the PSU will not fit, because it is larger than most other PSUs, extending beyond the four (I guess ATX standard) PCB screws at 135x96mm...

karalrs; The PSU casing should accept a PCB that is 168x118, but this is with the four mounting screws centered on the PCB. The Seasonic PSU you linked on SPCR looks like it offsets the PCB on only one side, and then there is only room for either 11.5mm or 5mm, depending on which side it is...

EDIT; That PSU also has an input filter on the 230v contact, on it's own PCB, if you wanted to keep this you would need some room for it too...

EDIT2; You might not have seen this thread, I really like the Seasonic S12 PSU, and think it would fit... Make sure to get the model with nice UCC caps... There is still a 230v input fulter on it's own PCB though. But if you look on the first page of this thread you will notice the SS-350ATC has the input filter in the contact itself. Maybe Pete could drop in and say if it is better / worse than the one in the S12 PSU?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1202
                          Last edited by Per Hansson; 06-03-2006, 03:55 AM.

Comment

karalrs; The PSU casing should accept a PCB that is 168x118,
                            i think that its 168x110

Comment

i think that its 168x110
                              No, 108mm plus 5mm on each side

Comment

Haha, yea, guess I pressed the wrong key, gotta blame it on something right? :P
                                i think that its 168x110

my turn now hahahha

seasonic has two psu ss 400ht . one with 80plus and one without.
                                the pic of the pcb is from the 80plus which is bigger.
                                i am trying to fing pics from the normal 400ht which is the one on the add.

i want to ask something else.
                                the psu has 2 12v rails. my vga card hasnt got 12v input.
                                so i have only one plug on my m/b

so the second 12v amperes are lost .
                                am i right or i have absolutely no knowledge on psu

Comment

i want to ask something else.
                                  the psu has 2 12v rails. my vga card hasnt got 12v input.
                                  so i have only one plug on my m/b

so the second 12v amperes are lost .
                                  am i right or i have absolutely no knowledge on psu
                                  The yellow box on the review at SPCR Galvanized linked to explains this well (bottom of first page)
                                  Last edited by Per Hansson; 06-03-2006, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Hello again!I keep having trouble with sudden resets.

The 12v rail voltage readings at idle are 11.54 to 11.70
                                    never higher!!
                                    is this normal?

Comment

Hello again!I keep having trouble with sudden resets.

The 12v rail voltage readings at idle are 11.54 to 11.70
                                      never higher!!
                                      is this normal?
                                      Are these confirmed readings with a multimeter? Often motherboard sensors can be wildly inaccurate...

11.54 is a little on the low side, but still within the 5% spec. Do you have a setup in which there is strong "crossloading" of the PSU's rails? For example, a system which will draw a considerable amount of current, and this almost exclusively from the 12vdc line, while drawing almost nothing from the 5vdc, will often cause a PSU to behave in this way.

Comment

the readings are from the asus probe.

my specs are 3200 athlon 64
                                        geforce x800 gto
                                        2 dvdr drives
                                        1 hard drive
                                        6 fans
                                        5 usb devices

i have random resets and i was thinking about the video card.but i changed it with a new one.also i have tested the ram modules...

Comment

Hmm. What brand is the PSU, and what are the claimed amperages for the +5v and +12v rails?

And yes, it does sound like it might be crossloading.
                                          You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
                                          Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Working...
                                          X