Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus G750JM board view and unable to find replacement LVDS connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus G750JM board view and unable to find replacement LVDS connector?

I recently picked up an Asus G750JM, and the LVDS connector was fried from the last guy forgetting to remove the battery before putting a new LVDS cable on. I already replaced the cable, but the connector itself is still bad. I took it off, but I'm unable to find a replacement online for some reason. I'm not sure if I'm just searching the wrong thing or what, but I just have no idea where to get one. Looking for a few of them, because I've got a few other asus laptops which use the same connector which I need to replace (tried to take the connectors off of them, but the plastic melted).

I'm also looking for a board view for it, just in case I need to replace a fuse or something on it. Thanks!

Re: Asus G750JM board view and unable to find replacement LVDS connector?

To solder well this type of connector you must use a ir station or a very professional hot air station
    with the same profile temp used for common bga.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
      To solder well this type of connector you must use a ir station or a very professional hot air station
      with the same profile temp used for common bga.
      The soldering part isn't what I'm worried about, I've got access to high end equipment. I just need to know where to get the part itself.

Comment

Arrow, Digikey, Mouser all have have them as stock items.

Comment

Originally posted by srhofmann View Post
          Arrow, Digikey, Mouser all have have them as stock items.
          I've been looking for well over 3 hours on all of them, and can't seem to find the exact connector. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place? This would be an FPC connector, no?

Comment

Got no idea off the top of my head. Do a search based on pitch and number of conductors. Look for a data sheet for the display assembly and work backwards from there.

Comment

Have a look here

https://www.sager.com/connectors/con...er=0&InStock=1

Hot air form the other side(to remove) and apply lots of flux
              no direct heat and to solder use thin tip iron.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cyberhack; 01-27-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberhack View Post
                Have a look here

https://www.sager.com/connectors/con...er=0&InStock=1

Hot air form the other side(to remove) and apply lots of flux
                no direct heat and to solder use thin tip iron.
                Couldn't find it there, either. I'm attaching a picture of the connector that I took of another board, one that I don't have the GPU for.

Comment

this type of connector is very hard to find on the market but it's soldered on various motherboards not only asus.
                  I have desolder it from a common hp mobo.

Comment

this type of connector is very hard to find on the market but it's soldered on various motherboards not only asus.
                    I have desolder it from a common hp mobo.

Yeah, I have an old Phenom II HP board that has it, might end up just trying to take it off that. I'd really prefer to find where to buy them just to make things easier though.

Comment

https://world.taobao.com/item/529038476275.htm

Comment

Thank you SO much!!

Comment

Originally posted by swimllamaswim View Post
                          Thank you SO much!!
                          Or Aliexpress.
                          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LCD-...2519096376.htm

Comment

Taobao is only in chinese , only translate with google.
                            I see a very low price for certain products ,
                            anyone know how to buy in this platform ?

Comment

Taobao is only in chinese , only translate with google.
                              I see a very low price for certain products ,
                              anyone know how to buy in this platform ?
                              There are several agents with websites that act as local buyers and shippers in English.

Comment

Working...
                              X