Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

It is possible to unlock the bios of elitebook 850 G8
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-27-2023, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mac2sell View Post
      It is possible to unlock the bios of elitebook 850 G8
      Off-topic. Start your own thread,i have already sent you a PM about this.Don`t hijack any more threads.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow16 View Post
        Already disabled absolute,but when update in os, it locks to swat lock,
        Did i mis something pls help wiith always show swat lock when updating windows tnx..
        flash this and try to update, please feedback
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I have an 850 G8 to remove bios password

I have identified the two chips, but not sure which is Main or EC for the point of identifying them after reading to submit for unlocking, it looks like i need to read both

The chip on the back of the board is a winbond 25q128jvpq
          The chip on the front of the board (next to the SSD drive) is a winbond 25q256jveq

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rhinopower View Post
            Hi

I have an 850 G8 to remove bios password

I have identified the two chips, but not sure which is Main or EC for the point of identifying them after reading to submit for unlocking, it looks like i need to read both

The chip on the back of the board is a winbond 25q128jvpq
            The chip on the front of the board (next to the SSD drive) is a winbond 25q256jveq

Many thanks
            Find the right thread and post there, this thread is for "840" not '850".
            Start with this one "25q128jvpq" because it's the EC Chip.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
              Find the right thread and post there, this thread is for "840" not '850".
              Start with this one "25q128jvpq" because it's the EC Chip.
              When you google this for this forum, it says 850, suggesting that the threads have been merged maybe? I cant find one specifically for 850 on my initial look

Comment

When you google this for this forum, it says 850, suggesting that the threads have been merged maybe? I cant find one specifically for 850 on my initial look
                See what is the Moderator said in post #342
                If there's no thread for your Model, create your own.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                all donations are welcome,
                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                >>>>>
                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

It doesn't matter what Google says, it's what the rules say, and it's your responsibility to read and follow them strictly! Such a topic exists and you are obliged to find it and make your request in it.
                  If we assume that there was no such topic, you should open a new one, and not write in this one.
                  The rules are clear!

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello everyone, a bit new to Bios flashing but asking for help/ advice.

Currently, I'm trying to fix a bricked Elitebook 840 G8, but the original bios files in both the main and EC chips are in a different computer which I can't get access to.

Meaning that the 2 chips I have ( 2X Winbond 25q256jv, but I also have a spare Winbond and a MX25L25635E) are all cleared/erased.

That said, I was wondering if it would be possible to use one of the Bin files posted on this thread, and if not, why? (just curious).

Much appreciated!

P.S Sorry in advance if this question has already been raised.

Comment

HP Elitebook 840 G8 with password, please help clearing.
                      Original EC dump attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stars-n-dust View Post
                        HP Elitebook 840 G8 with password, please help clearing.
                        Original EC dump attached.
                        Here you are (at first boot reset security settings to default):
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G8 swat locked

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                          Upload your Original Bios, and describe your main problem.
                          Hello, Can you help me with this problem? . . Hp Elitebook 840 G8, it HAs an error it promp a "SWAT LOCKED" . Hope you can help me with this , THanks in Advanced. Here's my original bin file
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello! I have an HP 840 G8 with no wifi. Was previously bios locked and someone unlocked it (don't know how). After this, there is no wifi and plugging a new compatible adapter makes no change (still not detected). Question is, has anyone seen this before and could it be repaired through a chip reprogramming or something? Thanks in advance and apologies if not posted in the right place!

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G8 swat locked

Originally posted by jomarkelion View Post
                              Hello, Can you help me with this problem? . . Hp Elitebook 840 G8, it HAs an error it promp a "SWAT LOCKED" . Hope you can help me with this , THanks in Advanced. Here's my original bin file

try this, let me know how it gose please
                              be patient as first time boot will take longer than usuall, be ready to hit F10 or Esc, better to remove any bootable media

clear all settings and all security, check Absolute Activation Status in security Tab under Utilities

install fresh OS

good luck
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I have an 840 G8 laptop with the following chips,
                                can you help me identify which process I should follow?

Attached screenshoots
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elmaspro View Post
                                  Hello, I have an 840 G8 laptop with the following chips,
                                  can you help me identify which process I should follow?

Attached screenshoots
                                  What's the problem - admin pass, Computrace, admin+user pass, power on pass...?
                                  Upload the dump from both circled in red SPI chips.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                    What's the problem - admin pass, Computrace, admin+user pass, power on pass...?
                                    Upload the dump from both circled in red SPI chips.
                                    Yes, I need to know the BIOS administrator password
                                    I'm new to this, I've read the FAQ.
                                    I understand that I have to unsolder them and read to extract the . bin
                                    it's right?

Comment

Originally posted by elmaspro View Post
                                      I understand that I have to unsolder them and read to extract the . bin
                                      it's right?
                                      Yep, exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        Yep, exactly.

Hi Vesko,

Do you know if this programmer is compatible with the chips?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...yAdapt=glo2esp

Thanks for all,
                                        Best regards

Comment

kindly unlock it please it has bios password and absolute swat lock.
                                          kindly clean the main dump where i can put manually the DMI via MPM tool please. i attached the Main and EC dump.
                                          it says in boot hp wolf security.
                                          SN: 5CG2237FML
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by rex98; 06-23-2023, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X