Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Originally posted by dezel View Post
    Hello guys,,, i have here 840-G8 problem is Swat locked and admin password.
    please help me to remove.

SN# 5CG211453K

thank you.
    HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC (26D60AV)
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by chachatech07 View Post
      yes and maybe improffer or incorrect firmware? mine now ir not showing power led when pluged in the led on the charging , caoslock and power button lit the gone .
      Have you recorded the original file yet? That helps determine where the error arose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
        Have you recorded the original file yet? That helps determine where the error arose.
        thanknyoubsir here is the thing . i just enherites this predicament from my former co worker. and he manage to lost original bins.. can i use other bin extracter fron the same model brand and motherboard?

what are the things i need to provide i order for it to work with mine. i hope sir please help

Comment

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook PC (26D60AV)
          Thank you very much, it is now working.

Comment

thanknyoubsir here is the thing . i just enherites this predicament from my former co worker. and he manage to lost original bins.. can i use other bin extracter fron the same model brand and motherboard?

what are the things i need to provide i order for it to work with mine. i hope sir please help
            There are 3 bios versions on this device. You can use another device's bios if it's the same bios, but please delete the device's DMI first.
            Attached Files

Comment

use this in hp elitebook 840 g8 for any error in bios no display etc. no need rebuild no need clean me no need DMI DATA.
              it auto recovers DMI via the installed SSD. i tested it.100%
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yygg123456 View Post
                I need to unlock the bios password for 840 G8. Here are the two BIOS chip data I copied using a programmer. Thank you for your efforts!!

sn: 5CG2281SMY
                try that leave the main. just flash that ec.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rex98; 09-23-2023, 05:24 AM.

Comment

There are 3 bios versions on this device. You can use another device's bios if it's the same bios, but please delete the device's DMI first.
                  I have an elitebook 840 G8 laptop. I don't know where to get a bios backup. After taking the backup, I want to unlock the bios password. Can you help?

Comment

Originally posted by NEHIR4233 View Post
                    I have an elitebook 840 G8 laptop. I don't know where to get a bios backup. After taking the backup, I want to unlock the bios password. Can you help?
                    Read the rules before posting:
                    1. RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

2. BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I don't know where to find the necessary files to reset the bios password of my HP Elitebook 840 G8 laptop. As far as I have researched, 32MB and 16MB files are required. Can you describe how I can obtain these files?

Comment

again thanks for your respone ill grab the apportunity sir to shoot another stupid question.. how do i dekete the DMI ?

Comment

Hello all.

Please can you help me with unlock BIOS password and deactivate computrace.

Thanks so much for your help.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NEHIR4233 View Post
                            I don't know where to find the necessary files to reset the bios password of my HP Elitebook 840 G8 laptop. As far as I have researched, 32MB and 16MB files are required. Can you describe how I can obtain these files?
                            Those files are on your computer.
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-S...csRepairSchool

Comment

again thanks for your respone ill grab the apportunity sir to shoot another stupid question.. how do i dekete the DMI ?
                              Remove VSS2 from .

Comment

Originally posted by bushmann View Post
                                Hello all.

Please can you help me with unlock BIOS password and deactivate computrace.

Thanks so much for your help.
                                Serial number ?
                                This is rules
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

Sorry I forgot.

serial number : 5CG2431JHY

Comment

Originally posted by bushmann View Post
                                    sorry i forgot.

Serial number : 5cg2431jhy
                                    cccccc
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Remove VSS2 from .
                                      how boss

Comment

hi can a bad bios flash. make the laptop not showing ppwer when plugged in?

Comment

hello,
                                          have a laptop 840 g8 was ok bios pass ..now not turning any more , if someone can help plz by cheak if this bios is ok specially ec i think maybe currupt ..thanks

840 g8 st : 5cg2450hl8

i did upload main end ec and and bios region extraxted from exe file
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by skazide; 09-30-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X