Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post
    Send to you, Try
    Thank you very much. I've flash it but it didn't work.

Comment

1) when you soldered the bios, did you put the radiator on the processor before turning it on? (if you tried without a radiator, the processor may go into overheating protection)
      2) did you wait long enough? probably up to a minute
      3) check if the battery has enough charge, because charging may not work until the tablet boots to a specific stage.

Comment

hi need repair this bios
        surface 1866
        SN066923201453
        issue: widows logo ans shut off
        thx in advance
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by extrexxx View Post
          hi need repair this bios
          surface 1866
          SN066923201453
          issue: widows logo ans shut off
          thx in advance
          Send to you, Try
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blcksmthprnt View Post
            1) when you soldered the bios, did you put the radiator on the processor before turning it on? (if you tried without a radiator, the processor may go into overheating protection)
            2) did you wait long enough? probably up to a minute
            3) check if the battery has enough charge, because charging may not work until the tablet boots to a specific stage.
            THanks for your help.
            1.I didn't desolder the bios. I user a soic clip to erase, write and verify and process was 100% ok. That's how I've read original ROM.
            2. The device start, I see the gray windows logo and after 4 seconds it turns off.
            3. Yes battery is fully charged.

the problem occured after a W10 upgrade, so that's why I beleive it must be a frimware issue on BIOS and not HW related.

Comment

Originally posted by samstown View Post

THanks for your help.
              1.I didn't desolder the bios. I user a soic clip to erase, write and verify and process was 100% ok. That's how I've read original ROM.
              2. The device start, I see the gray windows logo and after 4 seconds it turns off.
              3. Yes battery is fully charged.

the problem occured after a W10 upgrade, so that's why I beleive it must be a frimware issue on BIOS and not HW related.
              Try it. Connect all the cables and the radiator to the processor before turning on. Please write back if it works, and if it doesn't work, I'll try again with a newer version of "Flash Image Tool"
              Attached Files

Comment

Try it. Connect all the cables and the radiator to the processor before turning on. Please write back if it works, and if it doesn't work, I'll try again with a newer version of "Flash Image Tool"
                Hello

I apologize for the delay.

I've reconnected the battey and LCD connector (I didn't had to remove radiator to flash ROM), it didn't work. I've flash the new file, same. It start, I see gray windows logo for 2 seconds and it turns off.
                Maybe it's the BGA SSD failure.

Thanks
                Sam

Comment

Hello

I apologize for the delay.

I've reconnected the battey and LCD connector (I didn't had to remove radiator to flash ROM), it didn't work. I've flash the new file, same. It start, I see gray windows logo for 2 seconds and it turns off.
                  Maybe it's the BGA SSD failure.

Thanks
                  Sam
                  For interest, provide two bios images 1) the one you last recorded on the tablet with the ME region cleaned 2) the one that is already on the tablet. I wonder if it is possible to find what changed between them to understand if there is a clue where to look for the cause of the breakdown.

Comment

Please clean ME/TXE region in BIOS.
                    Microsoft Surface Pro7 i7/16/1024 1866 tablet shows the logo for a few seconds and goes to reboot.
                    The tablet worked normally and after the update it did not turn on.
                    I soldered the bios, read the dump. I manually cleaned the ME region and saved the bios. After that, the Windows logo appears not for 3 seconds, but for longer, about 20 seconds, and goes to reboot again.

Please clean ME region in bios, because maybe I'm doing something wrong due to lack of experience.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	256
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	3217444 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	168
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	3217445 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	169
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	3217446 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	172
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	3217447 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	171
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	3217448

Comment

• Vesko356
                      Vesko356 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Read the rules before posting
                      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                      • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.

Please clean ME/TXE region in BIOS.
                    Microsoft Surface Pro7 i7/16/1024 1866 tablet shows the logo for a few seconds and goes to reboot.
                    The tablet worked normally and after the update it did not turn on.
                    I soldered the bios, read the dump. I manually cleaned the ME region and saved the bios. After that, the Windows logo appears not for 3 seconds, but for longer, about 20 seconds, and goes to reboot again.
                    what means "manually cleaned the ME"? Replaced ME Region with UEFITool, or what?
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post

what means "manually cleaned the ME"? Replaced ME Region with UEFITool, or what?
                      I opened the dump that I downloaded from bios using "Intel (R) Flash Image Tool. Version: 13.0.20.1312"
                      disabled the option "build->build settings-> GenIntermediateFiles NO"
                      clicked save bios in the program
                      renamed the file "13.0.55.1889_CON_LP_D_PRD_EXTR.bin" to "ME Sub Partition.bin" and replaced file "ME Sub Partition.bin" in the folder "Decomp"
                      Click "Build image"
                      write and verify to chip winbond 25r128jwpq
                      soldered the chip back to the motherboard

Name:	7_cleared.png
Views:	202
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3217579
                      after that, instead of 2..3 .. seconds, the tablet turns on the logo for 40...55 seconds and cannot boot. Only the logo is visible. and after a few minutes of the boot loop, the processor cooling fan starts spinning. power on the USB port does not appear (before that it appeared for half a second)

Comment

Microsoft Surface Pro7 i7/16/1024
                      model:1866
                      SN: 030 327 694 853
                      board: JALAMA_ICL_MB DV:10B

Please help to edit the bios, or tell me where to go next.

problem at the moment:
                      - the tablet takes a very long time to load (about 1.5 minutes to get into the bios interface)
                      - the touchscreen does not work
                      - there is no "Intel Management Engine" firmware

Click image for larger version  Name:	1708191106306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	3218445
                      A short story:
                      After the update, the tablet has a boot loop every 3 seconds. Only the logo is visible for 3 seconds. I can't enter UEFI, I can't boot from USB.
                      I read bios backup 1_AsProgrammer_read_original_boot_loop.rar
                      I opened this backup in the program "Intel (R) Flash Image Tool. Version: 13.0.20.1312"
                      replaced that file "ME Sub Partition.bin" with this "13.0.55.1889_CON_LP_D_PRD_EXTR.bin"
                      and made a build 8_outimage.rar

Now the tablet takes a long time to load, in about 3 minutes I can see the Windows recovery page and I can see the files on the SSD to choose where to recover Windows from. From this we can conclude that the SSD is working
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1708192244406.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	3218448
                      it looks like the tablet is physically working, and there is no damage to the hardware.

Please tell me what to do next?

Comment

For interest, provide two bios images 1) the one you last recorded on the tablet with the ME region cleaned 2) the one that is already on the tablet. I wonder if it is possible to find what changed between them to understand if there is a clue where to look for the cause of the breakdown.
                        I've tried again. I've flash orginal ROM and the two modified ROM I got on this forum.
                        Surface Pro 7 model 1866 SN059810502053

Same, logo...3 seconds and black screen. Here is the sequence.

122: UniqueID:0x201A5800150420EB
                        123: Start writing chip......
                        124: Auto erasing...
                        125: Erase successful,Elapsed time:36.14 seconds.
                        126: Start writing...
                        127: Write successful,Elapsed time:69.83 seconds.
                        128: Auto verifying...
                        129: Verification successful,Elapsed time:15.41 seconds.
                        130: Status register1 values: 0x0, Status register2 values: 0x2 .
                        131: Elapsed time: 85.26 seconds,average speed of 196772 bytes/sec.

If anyone has an idea otherwise it will be time to give up.

Comment

I've tried again. I've flash orginal ROM and the two modified ROM I got on this forum.
                          Surface Pro 7 model 1866 SN059810502053

If anyone has an idea otherwise it will be time to give up.
                          it's too early to give up! I am currently studying this topic. if I use different Flash Image Tools, I get different results for some reason. But at the moment the touchscreen does not work and ME firmware is shown as 0.0.0.0
                          If I can repair my second tablet (because the first one was successfully repaired), I will try to deal with your case again.
                          What programmer are you using? Because my CH341 programmer reads this bios for about 3 minutes and writes for about 23 minutes.

Comment

it's too early to give up! I am currently studying this topic. if I use different Flash Image Tools, I get different results for some reason. But at the moment the touchscreen does not work and ME firmware is shown as 0.0.0.0
                            If I can repair my second tablet (because the first one was successfully repaired), I will try to deal with your case again.
                            What programmer are you using? Because my CH341 programmer reads this bios for about 3 minutes and writes for about 23 minutes.
                            Hello,
                            I have CH341, that was my first one. Then I had RevealProg, it's very good but fragile.... and now RT809F, this one is really really good and stil cheap.
                            I am happy to try again if you think there is a way.
                            Thanks

Comment

Hello

Surface boot loop after update. All tricks on internet won't work so I've read BIOS Winbond chip. I hope this is the reason.

Thanks
                              Claude
                              try it.
                              my tablet started booting with these settings but the touch screen is not working
                              Attached Files

Comment

SN: 030 327 694 853
                                board: JALAMA_ICL_MB DV:10B
                                1_AsProgrammer_read_original_boot_loop.rar

The touchscreen does not work after cleaning the ME region

What I did:
                                The tablet does not load, only shows the logo for a few seconds. I cleaned the ME region (with Intel (R) Flash Image Tool. Version: 13.0.37.1556) and got no noticeable result. Then I cleaned ME region and disabled only one option
                                ME Feature Pins: TouchResetGpio value="GPP_D_14" -> TouchResetGpio value="None" (Configure Intel(R) Precise Touch Technology Reset GPIO)

Name:	gpp_d_14.png
Views:	231
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3225748
                                The tablet started up, Windows updated the bios, but the touch screen does not work either in UEFI or in Windows.

I compared the bios settings (xml via winmerge-2.16.38) with other bios from similar tablets and all the options are identical. Only when i change this option TouchResetGpio value="None" then the tablet turns on.
                                Who knows what this option means and how I can repair the touch screen?

Name:	gpp_d_14_tt.png
Views:	120
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	3225749 Click image for larger version

Name:	gpp_d_14_tt2.png
Views:	124
Size:	884.8 KB
ID:	3225750
                                I read this but it doesn't help:
                                MS Surface no touchscreen after cleaning ME Firmware **FIX**

Comment

The tablet does not load, only shows the logo for a few seconds. I cleaned the ME region (with Intel (R) Flash Image Tool. Version: 13.0.37.1556) and got no noticeable result. Then I cleaned ME region and disabled only one option
                                  ME Feature Pins: TouchResetGpio value="GPP_D_14" -> TouchResetGpio value="None" (Configure Intel(R) Precise Touch Technology Reset GPIO)
                                  The issue is resolved!
                                  The error was always in the hardware and not in the bios!

I understood that if I turn off GPP_D_14, then the tablet works, but if I turn it ON, then i get boot loop. I started looking for where this contact goes according to the schema motherboard_surface_pro7_1866.zip

the tablet had to be a boot loop because the capacitor always shorted +5 volts to ground.
                                  GPP_D_14 -> RTD3_TPANEL_PWR -> U6407 -> +5V -> R6417 -> C3002 !!! has a short circuit !!!
                                  I replaced the C3002 with a good one and everything worked.

Name:	touch screen short.png
Views:	151
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	3226240

Comment

The issue is resolved!
                                    The error was always in the hardware and not in the bios!

I understood that if I turn off GPP_D_14, then the tablet works, but if I turn it ON, then i get boot loop. I started looking for where this contact goes according to the schema motherboard_surface_pro7_1866.zip

the tablet had to be a boot loop because the capacitor always shorted +5 volts to ground.
                                    GPP_D_14 -> RTD3_TPANEL_PWR -> U6407 -> +5V -> R6417 -> C3002 !!! has a short circuit !!!
                                    I replaced the C3002 with a good one and everything worked.

Name:	touch screen short.png
Views:	151
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	3226240
                                    Thanks for sharing !!

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Thanks for sharing !!
                                      Nice one !

Comment

Working...
                                      X