Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    A 0.1% chance of success is all the motivation some of our members in this forum need if its the easy route
    yep, the easy route to fail.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post

you have to read your bios chipset and post it here. 99,9% sure it won't start with bios from another surface.
      Hi again volikanis !

In your last reply, you attached the modified bios, could you send it again ? It looks like some posts were not backed up before the forum update :,)

Attached are my two backups.

My sn: 006733213653

Thanks again !
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Fuell; 11-22-2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuell View Post

Hi again volikanis !

In your last reply, you attached the modified bios, could you send it again ? It looks like some posts were not backed up before the forum update :,)

Attached are my two backups.

My sn: 006733213653

Thanks again !
        I don't think you can write bios with FPTW - I guess it will ask for bios password. Anyway ...
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Hello! My Surface Pro 7 1866 (i5, 128GB, SN: 056151303053) shows Logo for a couple of seconds and turns off. I tried different Files from this Thread but still the same problem. Can someone please help me? Attached is original BIOS. Thank you so much.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by schmitte; 11-24-2023, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abdelilahocs View Post

Surface with password
            pls can anyone unlocked bios
            my bios unlocked i share on forum
            Attached Files

Comment

my surface pro 7 logo then turn off after update ...my backup thank you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Please help, on my surface pro 1866 cameras not working, failed to power up, can it be a bios problem?

Comment

Please clean ME/TXE region in BIOS.
                  My problem is that the Microsoft Surface Pro7 i7/16/512 1866 tablet shows the logo for a few seconds and goes to reboot.
                  I bought it on eBay and have never seen it in working order.
                  I checked the motherboard Jalama_DV1.0B volts in various places according to the schematic and everything looks fine.
                  I looked at the board through the thermal camera and did not find any element that heats up except the i7 processor which heats up and
                  cools down while the Windows logo flashes for a few seconds.
                  I unsoldered the bios winbond 25R128JWPQ and read it using a CH341A programmer (in fact with a CH341B chip) with a 1.8 volt adapter
                  Using AsProgrammer_2.0.4 I selected automatic chip detection w25q128fw_1.8 and read the dump
                  Using MEAnalyzer-1.304.4-r338 I got information about the bios, but then I don't know how to clean ME/TXE region and whether I read the
                  dump correctly. I also got an error "Error: Detected CSE Extension 0x16 with wrong Partition Hash at FTPR > FTPR.man!", and I don't know,
                  maybe this error is the problem that my tablet doesn't boot.

Please tell me what to do next, or fix my bios if this is the problem in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	424
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	3158182 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	258
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	3158183 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	260
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	3158184
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	260
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	3158185

Comment

• volinakis
                    volinakis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    if you can enter in bios setup try making a surface usb recovery disk based on your serial from microsoft site. this is how i solved a surface with same problem. Also try to force reset: Press and hold the Power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it.
                    Press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons at the same for at least 15 seconds and release them.
                    The Surface logo may flash on the screen. You need to hold these two buttons down for at least 15 seconds.
                    Wait 10 seconds after releasing buttons.

• blcksmthprnt
                    blcksmthprnt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't go into bios settings
                    I have already tried many times all the combinations with pressing the buttons, nothing works.
                    I also tried a recovery USB flash drive and it also does not load. Turned off the battery for a few days and then tried the button combinations again and nothing works.

Always a black screen with a white logo for a few seconds and so on in a circle. If hold the power button for a longer time, it simply turns off and nothing is visible. but if I try to turn it on, the logo always appears for a few seconds and I can't do anything else, no combinations work.
                    I checked if the buttons are physically working with a multimeter and they are working.
                    When the logo appears, the 1.8 volt power appears on the bios chip and when the logo disappears, the 1.8 volt on the bios disappears

try your bios with cleaned ME
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

• blcksmthprnt
                    blcksmthprnt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you! Everything works! on the second attempt.

The first attempt I cleaned ME region myself. soldered the bios to the motherboard. BUT!! I did not put the radiator on the processor!!! I think the processor overheated and went into protection, but the Windows icon appeared for longer and the tablet noticeably warmed up.
                    I soldered the bios. I read the data from it and saw that it had changed.

Attempt number two. I wrote your bios. Assembled a tablet with a radiator. The programmer pushed into the USB port to see if the light would light up. (to understand that power appears on the USB port). it was necessary to wait about 20 seconds and the tablet turned on. (USB power also came on) I was able to get into the UEFI bios. But Windows was not loaded through Bitlocker.
                    I turned off the protection in the bios. Inserted a recovery flash drive. Installed Windows. And for now, I will finally glue the tablet with the hope that it will work.

One more note:
                    Maybe someone knows what the red LED on the motherboard means, which is under the SSD chip.
                    I thought that it lights up due to some malfunction, but it always lights up as soon as I insert the battery.

Thank you again! It was a new experience and an interesting repair for me.

hi masters can u help me i post 2 dump of bios of SP7 pro in uper post and its reboot 3sec afer make ota update.thank you so much.

Comment

• volinakis
                    volinakis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    we can help you after you follow the rules of this forum, read them and see what you have to do.

where can i find rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Badis81 View Post
                    where can i find rules.
                    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...sting?t=103570

You MUST NOT:
                    • Hijack threads unrelated to your request
                    • Post a request in multiple threads
                    • Post a request multiple times
                    • Post in foreign (non-English) languages
                    • Share private contact information
                    • Offer payment of any kind whatsoever
                    • Bump your thread or post more than once every 48 hours. If you do so
                      you will receive an infraction
                    • Post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need", "clear me" or other such terms
                    You MUST:

Requests for password removal or BIOS repair for which the method is available at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools will not be tolerated anymore if you do not explain why you did not succeed.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hey guys,

can anyone clear the password for this Surface 7 pro 1866 please?
                      SN: 039320401553

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by highping0r View Post
                        Hey guys,

can anyone clear the password for this Surface 7 pro 1866 please?
                        SN: 039320401553

Send to you
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Send to you
                          Worked! Thank you!

Comment

• minhdigital
                            minhdigital commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good job, Thanks for feedback !!

Hello

Surface boot loop after update. All tricks on internet won't work so I've read BIOS Winbond chip. I hope this is the reason.

Thanks
                          Claude
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by samstown View Post
                            Hello
                            Surface boot loop after update. All tricks on internet won't work so I've read BIOS Winbond chip. I hope this is the reason.
                            Thanks
                            Claude
                            Post the serial number. And next time you have a bios request look for existing thread topics to post in first,you don`t have to start a new thread each time.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                            • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello,

I have a Surface Pro 7 model 1866 SN059810502053. Bootloop after Windows update. I've tired vol+ and all tricks on internet, nothing work. I've read the Winbond chip. Can I take any BIOS dump here and replace with my serial ?

I see on the shield border this number, 13NL-58N07731. I guess this is the board model.

Thanks
                              Sam
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by samstown View Post
                                Hello,

I have a Surface Pro 7 model 1866 SN059810502053. Bootloop after Windows update. I've tired vol+ and all tricks on internet, nothing work. I've read the Winbond chip. Can I take any BIOS dump here and replace with my serial ?

I see on the shield border this number, 13NL-58N07731. I guess this is the board model.

Thanks
                                Sam
                                Send to you, Try
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Post the serial number. And next time you have a bios request look for existing thread topics to post in first,you don`t have to start a new thread each time.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                                  • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
                                  Yes. After I created the new topic I realtzed I should post here. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                  X