HP Pavilion Aero 13-be0003ca
    ProdID: 2L7M8UA#ABL
    S/N: 8CG150GPV6

Motherboard information is below:

HP Part# M52826-601
    448.ONE04.0011
    203016-1

It needs BIOS repaired.

I created a flash drive using HP firmware utility and then had it plugged into the computer. I did the standard WinLogo->B key->Power button press. A window appeared and immediately began flashing the bios using the flash drive.
    But I don't think it finished all the way. So, now when I attempt to repeat reflashing, a message comes up saying current BIOS is corrupted. It will be repaired on next boot but it never does.

I am hoping someone can take the bin file I extracted from the bios chip and have it rebuilt. Thank you.

Originally posted by trepachka View Post
    Hello, I have the following laptop:

HP Pavilion Aero 13-be0003ca
    ProdID: 2L7M8UA#ABL
    S/N: 8CG150GPV6
    Thank you.
    Backup bios file ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I am not sure why the bin file didn't get attached. Here it is.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure why the bin file didn't get attached. Here it is.
        HP Pavilion Aero Laptop 13-be0003ca
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

After reflashing the bios chip with any of these files, I get the following message "The system BIOS Pending Image is being cleared. Do not shutdown or remove power from your computer during the clear. The clear will take a few minutes to complete". Then, the screen went dark.

I let the computer sit for over an hour without any movement.

May be I am doing this wrong. Are there 2 bios chips or just 1 bios chip? You provided 2 files which are extracted from HP website for bios recovery.
          Last edited by trepachka; 04-22-2024, 09:56 PM.

Comment

After reflashing the bios chip with any of these files, I get the following message "The system BIOS Pending Image is being cleared. Do not shutdown or remove power from your computer during the clear. The clear will take a few minutes to complete". Then, the screen went dark.

I let the computer sit for over an hour without any movement.

May be I am doing this wrong. Are there 2 bios chips or just 1 bios chip? You provided 2 files which are extracted from HP website for bios recovery.
            There are 2 bios versions for this model, 08916 is your bios. This is original bios.

Comment

I tried both. I am getting the same message. Also, when attempting to flash the drive using a USB key, the message comes on and states "Backup BIOS files are either corrupted or missing"

Comment

I tried both. I am getting the same message. Also, when attempting to flash the drive using a USB key, the message comes on and states "Backup BIOS files are either corrupted or missing"
                Using what sort of USB key ? .Try the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 4-in-1 USB Key ,the 08916 bios and sig is in the 2021 softpaq .Links in post 1 -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...flash?t=122195
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I went to HP support website and downloaded an utility program which created a bootable flash drive with the bios file on it specifically for this computer. I have done similar things many times before. On start press Windows/B Key/Power Key together. After a few seconds release the power key and keep holding the other 2 keys. I did that and the aformentioned message came up. Usually, computer immediately reads the flash drive and begins to install BIOS.

Comment

I try to help, edit the bios I hope I can help you I read you in the comments
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, thanks. Computer is booting into Windows now.

However, every time I reboot I get a message "Manufacture Programming Mode is in Unlock Mode" followed by "Warning : OEM Keyboard Type is not set !!!"

Can you modify the bios file to rid the computer from these messages or is there an HP utility app that can remove these messages?

Comment

Never mind, I looked it up. I just used BCU utility and removed both messages. Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Ok for this we are, nice to be able to help how good you got the solution to the other everything in order

Comment

Working...
                          X