Need to copy DMI info for HP ProBook 650 G2 Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to copy DMI info for HP ProBook 650 G2 Bios

UPDATE of JANUARY 5th : I am cancelling this post because problem has been solved by creating a new bios starting from the old one with correct dmi and cleaning ME. everything works fine . thanks anyway

Hi, I am replacing a motherboard circus-6050A2723701-MB-A02 to an HP 650 G2 laptop because the original one was faulty. I bought and repaired a used MB which works fine now with its BIOS, but I wanted to copy the DMI data from the old to the new MB. I created with Flash Image Tool a new bios starting from the old original chip , cleaned ME region and new updated dump region extracted from HP site, but I probably did something wrong and it does not work on the new motherboard. So I decided to keep the BIOS of the new board and just copy over the DMI data from the old one, but I am unsure what's the offset of the data to copy because it's different on the two dumps. Could anyone help me out?
    Here are the dumps and the infos

Could you please help me to copy DMI data from old Bios to new one?
    Is it better to clean ME also?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Vesko356; 01-08-2024, 10:25 AM. Reason: ProBook to thread title

Hello!

I have a 650 G2 that originally wasnt booting due to corrupt BIOS.

I flashed it using a BIOS i downloaded from HP website, but this .bin does not have serial number/clean ME?/other information. And it also says it's in manufavturer programming mode when booting.

Could someone please help me transfering this data from my corrupt BIOS-file?

I will attach original file, and the file that currently works to boot machine into BIOS.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OskarB98 View Post
      Hello!

I have a 650 G2 that originally wasnt booting due to corrupt BIOS.

I flashed it using a BIOS i downloaded from HP website, but this .bin does not have serial number/clean ME?/other information. And it also says it's in manufavturer programming mode when booting.

Could someone please help me transfering this data from my corrupt BIOS-file?

I will attach original file, and the file that currently works to boot machine into BIOS.
      Thread merged.

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Sorry!

Model: HP ProBook 650 G2
        Serial number: 5CG7082XN9
        Product number: X2F75EA#AK8

Board number: CIRCUS-6050A2723701 (i5-6300U)

Comment

Originally posted by OskarB98 View Post
          Sorry!

Serial number: 5CG7082XN9
          Product number: X2F75EA#AK8

Board number: CIRCUS-6050A2723701 (i5-6300U)
          sss
          Attached Files

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Greeting i have a similar problem .. an hp laptop was brought to me by my junior man and i discovered that the bios has been clean. Please how or where can i locate the the board number so that i can look for the right bios dump to write on it..

Serial number: 5CG6320Q61
            Product number: L8U48AV

Comment

Hi, I have a HP ProBook 650 G2 that had a corrupt bios installed (not original) and wouldn't boot (fan spinning very fast and black screen). I found a .bin dump online for the same model (attached) and after flashing it the laptop booted up but has different serial numbers and "Machine not in commited state" error.

I tried to change the serial numbers with BiosConfigUtility64 and Wndmifit64 but failed because MPM is locked. My goal here is to unlock MPM, change the serial numbers to original and get rid of the "Machine not in commited state" error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my original laptop info:

Motherboard: CIRCUS-6050A2723701-MB-A02

Product Name : HP ProBook 650 G2
              Serial Number : 5CG6221HSH
              Product Number : V1C17EA#BED

BuildID = 15WWCICW601#SBED#DBED
              FEATUREBYTE = 3X47676J6S6Z6b7H7M7Q7W7saBaEapaqawbhdQdUeh.QD

Attached Files

Comment

Did you use BCU from HP ?

If not, you find it in a link from this post : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...66#post1816066

If yes, upload the config.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
                Did you use BCU from HP ?

If not, you find it in a link from this post : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...66#post1816066

If yes, upload the config.txt
                Yes, i have used BCU and got "Access denied, returnCode = 6" error when trying to change serial and other numbers. Here is current config in the attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by leone8238 View Post

Yes, i have used BCU and got "Access denied, returnCode = 6" error when trying to change serial and other numbers. Here is current config in the attachment
                  post your originale bios even its corrupted

Comment

Originally posted by leone8238 View Post

Your config.txt is OK...maybe qayyum786 can rebuild your original corrupted BIOS...

Until then try to write this config:
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have tried the attached config, but got same error as before. Probably because MPM is still locked.

Unfortunately I no longer have the original (corrupt) bios, but i did a quick look at it with UEFITool in hex view and the DMI was all different so it was definitely not original from this laptop.

Comment

Try then this bios and write DMI
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have flashed the bios in attachment and everything went just fine, already entered all DMI info. Now i only have to solve the "Machine is not in commited state!" warning.

I have read something about AMT function, but i am not sure if my laptop has it or not.

Comment

The way to determine whether a certain model supports the AMT function is to check the Intel CPU sticker on the palm rest...if it has...
                            If it has the word vPro, it means that the AMT function is supported and the AMT function must be enabled when defining; otherwise, it means that the AMT function is not supported and must be disabled when defining.
                            On Lenovo by example, the vPro versions have 2 BIOS chips...I don't know about HP...
                            Try with this tool:
                            Attached Files

Comment

The way to determine whether a certain model supports the AMT function is to check the Intel CPU sticker on the palm rest...if it has...
                              If it has the word vPro, it means that the AMT function is supported and the AMT function must be enabled when defining; otherwise, it means that the AMT function is not supported and must be disabled when defining.
                              On Lenovo by example, the vPro versions have 2 BIOS chips...I don't know about HP...
                              Try with this tool:
                              I found that my laptop does not have vPro by sticker and it having intel i5 6200U.

I have tried Brand11, 12, 13 and AMTool DOS and got these results in the attachment. There seems to be some kind of ME error
                              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so...the ME Region from the dump it's a factory one, brand new...
                                More than an incompatibility for some hw components...because it's not a bios for this machine...
                                I have another images try...enter your DMI info...
                                Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so...the ME Region from the dump it's a factory one, brand new...
                                  More than an incompatibility for some hw components...because it's not a bios for this machine...
                                  I have another images try...enter your DMI info...
                                  I have used the v3 bios and entered all DMI info. I no longer have the "Machine not in commited state" error.

When updating bios from 1.60 to 1.61 i got this warning. Should i use HP_tools to set AMT?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

That's exactly your problem
                                    Your machine doesn't have AMT (just vPro has)...
                                    that was the original problem source, you can configure something you don't have.

Comment

That's exactly your problem
                                      Your machine doesn't have AMT (just vPro has)...
                                      that was the original problem source, you can configure something you don't have.
                                      Should i just ignore the error or can i do something about it?

Comment

Working...
                                      X