DELL XPS L502X Core I7 Master Bios Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL XPS L502X Core I7 Master Bios Password

It must be possible to reprogram the password when the machine is still able to boot to whatever OS. But as far as I know, this is one of the best kept secrets of BIOS manufacturers.

Thinking of it, although I've never tried it, I think it must even be possible to flash your BIOS with something different without having the password. You only still won't be able to access the settings. Maybe someone can even mod an existing BIOS to skip the password question. Then reflashing this modded BIOS will give you access to its settings again.

Comment

you can reflash the whole chip from the same machine by using fptw64.exe.

however, descriptor security needs to be unlocked or bypassed for that.

I unlocked mine by editing the flash dump before flashing it back to the motherboard.

but hardware mods are allways required for unlocking or bypassing descriptor security on the L502X

bypassing should be way easier than reprogram the chip externally since you only need to bridge two pins instead desolder reprogram and soldering back the chip using a external programer.

however, if you manage to hardbrick your machine, you will need the external programmer anyway.

Comment

pls i need bios dump for dell L702x.

Comment

there is any boardview file?

Comment

• SMDFlea
            SMDFlea commented
            Editing a comment
            Not in a bios request thread no. Use the forum search,and look in the "Schematic requests ONLY!" sub forum.If you can`t find it then post your request in the "Schematic requests ONLY!" sub forum
        Working...
        X