X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS for ASUS ROG G713RQ

Hi,

I'm looking for a .bin file to flash the BIOS for:
    Notebook: ASUS ROG G713QR-HG121 (Strix G17).
    https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-str...desk_download/

SN: MBNRKD004835486
    Motherboard model: G533-6050A3250203-MB-A01(A1)

I have attached pics of the mobo and 2 IC's on it that look like BIOS chips, just not sure which one needs to be flashed.

The flat chip has this on it
    Winbond M12JWPIQ
    M0061

and the other one's model is Winbond 25Q16JWNIQ

I thought the second one was the main BIOS chip until I saw this thread
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=25Q16JWNIQ

I also read this thread but got lost when I got to reading the BIOS file using WinHEX as the data is obviously completely different and whether I need to use the ME analyzer. I downloaded the BIOS file from ASUS website, G713QRAS.331 , but still not sure what to do with it but I know it won't work with any programmer.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96604

The laptop powers on to no display and the Airplane Mode light on (stable) after blowing the fans. The mobo has been cleaned and both CPU (AMD Ryzen 9) and GPU have been repasted. The CPU had liquid thermal paste, which I'm not sure if it leaked to the mobo and caused any short circuits, but I noticed black lines on the CPU and heatsink when I took it off, like burns. Not sure if that has anything to do with the PC not POSTing. The user said Windows update was stuck before this happened and he is not sure if BIOS was updating (and got interrupted). So I thought I might as well flash the BIOS. No display on an external monitor either. Everything on the mobo was disconnected but no beeping or display.

I'm expecting to receive the CH341A programmer tomorrow from Amazon. I read on the BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools thread that it isn't the best programmer, but I would like to give it a shot.

The QR code on the mobo shows:
    A0T1YMC0238,MB47NRKD0007J8MB,G713QR,60NR05J0-MB3140,130,50EBF6490F0C

I hope I have provided all the needed info.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: BIOS for ASUS ROG G713RQ

Hello bro, Please try it, and it's tested. Thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fagoon bhuiyan View Post
      Hello bro, Please try it, and it's tested. Thank you
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This file is an 8MB bin while the one I extracted from Winbond W25Q16JWNIQ chip was a 2MB file. Like I mentioned in my OP, not sure which of the 2 chips was the BIOS. The other one was Winbond M12JWPIQ and was unreadable by the 2 software that I used with CH241A programmer so I'm not sure if that was the BIOS and if yes, what capacity it was.

I'm keeping a copy of what you sent me. Appreciate your time and help man.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Prima83 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This file is an 8MB bin while the one I extracted from Winbond W25Q16JWNIQ chip was a 2MB file. Like I mentioned in my OP, not sure which of the 2 chips was the BIOS. The other one was Winbond M12JWPIQ and was unreadable by the 2 software that I used with CH241A programmer so I'm not sure if that was the BIOS and if yes, what capacity it was.

I'm keeping a copy of what you sent me. Appreciate your time and help man.

Any other suggestions?
        First of all the bios provided by Fagoon Bhuiyan is 16MB (Megabytes) not 8MB, secondly W25Q16JWNIQ chip is your GPU VBIOS - don't play with it, and thirdly the other "flat chip" - WINBOND W74M12JWZPIQ (128Mbit /16MB WSON-8 6x5 1.8V) is your main bios SPI memory chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Prima83 View Post
          Hi,

I'm looking for a .bin file to flash the BIOS for:
          Notebook: ASUS ROG G713QR-HG121 (Strix G17).
          https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-str...desk_download/

SN: MBNRKD004835486
          Motherboard model: G533-6050A3250203-MB-A01(A1)
          Try
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-19-2023, 12:27 PM. Reason: Edited full OP quote

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            First of all the bios provided by Fagoon Bhuiyan is 16MB (Megabytes) not 8MB, secondly W25Q16JWNIQ chip is your GPU VBIOS - don't play with it, and thirdly the other "flat chip" - WINBOND W74M12JWZPIQ (128Mbit /16MB WSON-8 6x5 1.8V) is your main bios SPI memory chip.

Thanks for your reply and clarification Vesko. You're right, the file was 16MB not 8MB. Got confused with the number of .bin files I had for that mobo.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there a way I can tell which BIOS is for the CPU and which is for the GPU? Does it have anything to do with where the chips are located on the mobo? Or do I simply google them? Also, I got another CH341A programmer with 1.8V adapter for next time.
            Last edited by Prima83; 11-03-2023, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis39 View Post
              Try
              Thanks Oasis. Unfortunately, I did not have the PC anymore when you sent the file. But I will keep what you sent me for the future.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X