Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know how to convert a clevo laptop to UMA graphics only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know how to convert a clevo laptop to UMA graphics only?

i have an eluktro Pro Notebook. it is basically uses a clevo mainboard. the board is model n870hp. the dgpu has been removed and the laptop comes on but it shuts off after a couple minutes since the graphics chip isn't attached. Is there a way to modify the bios or anything so that it will work without it?

Re: does anyone know how to convert a clevo laptop to UMA graphics only?

i tried a few embedded controller files and that seems like the answer. does anyone know how to edit my ec.bin so that the machine doesn't shutdown? i can't reattach the gpu because the pads are messed up on the board but i'd still like to use the machine for non-gaming applications. it8587e is the programmable KBC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kjchatman; 03-12-2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Have you been able to find any solution to this problem?

Comment

Looks like i have found a solution. PM Me your original bios i'll edit it for you. @kjchatman

Originally posted by kjchatman View Post
        i have an eluktro Pro Notebook. it is basically uses a clevo mainboard. the board is model n870hp. the dgpu has been removed and the laptop comes on but it shuts off after a couple minutes since the graphics chip isn't attached. Is there a way to modify the bios or anything so that it will work without it?

Comment

Or , here is the bios file you need to disable the DGPU and solve the shutdown issue.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wacd View Post
            Looks like i have found a solution. PM Me your original bios i'll edit it for you. @kjchatman
            All bios requests should be done here on the forum,in public.

All EC and bios requests should be posted in the "BIOS Requests ONLY!" section

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              All bios requests should be done here on the forum,in public.

All EC and bios requests should be posted in the "BIOS Requests ONLY!" section

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Apologies, i shared the bios file public. Other Related posts can be deleted.

Comment

some clevo, expecially the performance ones dont have populated coil resistor mosfet to make them uma.
                i daily use a clevo p870km with 9700k and 3080 and it cant be made uma.

post maybe mainboard picture.

Comment

I've came across the board mentioned in this thread today. FBVDDQ rail was burned up along with 4 memory chips and gpu memory controller. So i removed all of them and converted the board into an uma one. System started to exhibit shutdown issues just like any other clevo would do. I've been meaning to dig into this problem for a long time and saw that is a chance to do so. Done the editing and tested on the same model and it worked. Tested it around 52mins no shutdown, no crazy fanspin. Everything is as they should be. Models with no GFX supply rail can not be converted or takes a lot of effort to do fyi.

Comment

Or , here is the bios file you need to disable the DGPU and solve the shutdown issue.
                    Would this method potentially be safe to work on a p75x-dmx?

I toasted the mxm card in mine a few years back and it's just been sitting on a shelf since then...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffy View Post

I toasted the mxm card in mine a few years back and it's just been sitting on a shelf since then...
                      If your device works and displays image without the graphics card and the only problem is crazy fan spin / shutdown. Editing the bios could solve the problem.

Need a little more detail about the mainboard , a photo of the board would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffy View Post

Here , the bios you need. If your mainboard code is P750DM of course.
                        If you're using K series Intel cpu , you need to replace it with one that has igpu, remember.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here , the bios you need. If your mainboard code is P750DM of course.
                          If you're using K series Intel cpu , you need to replace it with one that has igpu, remember.
                          I mean KF series.

Comment

Hi

I have removed the GPU from the Clevo N870 laptop and I have a problem with the fans. They turn on after a minute.

Please help. Attached is my bios.

The bios from this thread do not give an image on my laptop.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zmp3 View Post
                              Hi
                              I have removed the GPU from the Clevo N870 laptop and I have a problem with the fans. They turn on after a minute.
                              Please help. Attached is my bios.
                              The bios from this thread do not give an image on my laptop.
                              Here
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here
                                Hi

I programmed your bios, unfortunately, the same, the fans go to the max after a while and the laptop beeps

Comment

This is what i did to many N850 device and it worked. Maybe you have some other problems as well?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

With the dedicated graphics disabled in the system, the laptop worked fine. So I removed the coils initially, but the fans were running at max. I went ahead and desoldered the gpu bios and gpu chip.

The problem is still the same fans work at maximum power after a while, and the laptop starts to beep.

Comment

Yea like i said. I used this bios editing method showed in the previous picture on many n850's never had any problem converting uma.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by wacd; 08-18-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zmp3 View Post
                                        The problem is still the same fans work at maximum power after a while, and the laptop starts to beep.

Try this one

Also made a clearme. You can try that one too.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by wacd; 08-18-2023, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X