Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Macbook M1 Unlocked!

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
    Hey Stephen, have you heard of the software method for editing T2 serial? I came across the download link, but it's a paid service.
    I'm wondering if your software guy could work around it and make it free for all.
    I heard we need something like this to edit the SN but not sure which software to work with this device.
    Attached Files

Comment

can the serial be changed on the m1?

Comment

Originally posted by kjchatman View Post
        can the serial be changed on the m1?
        No

Comment

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
          Hey Stephen, have you heard of the software method for editing T2 serial? I came across the download link, but it's a paid service.
          I'm wondering if your software guy could work around it and make it free for all.
          It's bull. Anything changing the serial requires hardware means and soldering and soldering. Must program the chip and change it. Jail breaking to changing serial sure why not, but at what cost? Just buy the Programming tool and do it manually, it's safer and much more accurate, plus no point in paying for these stupid websites. All of them suck and are bull. I won't ever suggest paying any of these sites a dime, but go for it. Also M1 MDM locks have been my main focus lately and just can't seem to figure out where the serial is in these devices but I been reading the M1 Pro lately and spent about 3 months reading the code I pulled and trying to decode it. The moment I figure out how to change the serial on the M1 I'll keep everyone informed. Still no luck.
          sigpic
          MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            It's bull. Anything changing the serial requires hardware means and soldering and soldering. Must program the chip and change it. Jail breaking to changing serial sure why not, but at what cost? Just buy the Programming tool and do it manually, it's safer and much more accurate, plus no point in paying for these stupid websites. All of them suck and are bull. I won't ever suggest paying any of these sites a dime, but go for it. Also M1 MDM locks have been my main focus lately and just can't seem to figure out where the serial is in these devices but I been reading the M1 Pro lately and spent about 3 months reading the code I pulled and trying to decode it. The moment I figure out how to change the serial on the M1 I'll keep everyone informed. Still no luck.
            Thanks for the heads up mate, I hope we get solution for the M series pretty soon.

Comment

M1 serial is in the CPU, 100%. You can move an unlocked M1 CPU+WiFi to a locked board and it will work, with unlocked serial in-tact. Being capable of doing that without damaging anything, however...

But you aren't unlocking M1 boards, or changing serials, or anything like that. You can honestly just stop waiting for it.

Comment

If we can read the M1 cpu and find the serial and change it then it won’t be needed to swap them. We gotta find a way to remove MDM lock which is always changing the serial number.
                sigpic

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2RchhfQ8Mk

Comment

Master Liu is a good tech but this is rubbish. Don't waste your time watching this cr*p. Macbooks now connect to Apple server to confirm serial number and iCloud status. Changing SN in the ROM chip will not fool the Apple server. Total waste of time like @Stephen says
                    Last edited by Pedro147; 08-01-2023, 08:58 PM.
                    My YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD...5d6OgizDqoi_SA

Comment

If we can read the M1 cpu and find the serial and change it then it won’t be needed to swap them. We gotta find a way to remove MDM lock which is always changing the serial number.
                      What specific way(s) do you intend to "read the M1 CPU"? And then what's your plan to read/modify the WiFi chip that is tied to the CPU/serial?

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
                        What specific way(s) do you intend to "read the M1 CPU"? And then what's your plan to read/modify the WiFi chip that is tied to the CPU/serial?
                        Honestly it probably would require some sort of reader but my brain has been fried lately this past week with the major influx of new customers we got, I do apologize for not talking lately I been super busy. But a reader of some sort, I wouldn't know exactly where to start but who knows, maybe we can talk to China and see what we can come up with. Obviously desoldering the cpu would be required…but is it even worth it at this point?
                        sigpic

Comment

the tethered jailbreak offered by checkm8 is complete waste of time is you're gong to resell the device

Comment

Honestly it probably would require some sort of reader but my brain has been fried lately this past week with the major influx of new customers we got, I do apologize for not talking lately I been super busy. But a reader of some sort, I wouldn't know exactly where to start but who knows, maybe we can talk to China and see what we can come up with. Obviously desoldering the cpu would be required…but is it even worth it at this point?
                            Depends on who is paying!

Comment

Originally posted by kjchatman View Post
                              the tethered jailbreak offered by checkm8 is complete waste of time is you're gong to resell the device
                              You would think that complete jailbreak of the MacBook via checkm8 would allow some sort of fiddling with the activation lock? I mean, you've got full control of the Mac?
                              It's also interesting to see that System Information shows Activation Lock Status as Disabled. However, a hard power off will still ask for original owner Apple account details.

Comment

So this also means that despite the SN being stored on the NAND chips, they can be taken from locked boards to salvage unlocked boards that have damaged storage, right?
                                Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
                                M1 serial is in the CPU, 100%. You can move an unlocked M1 CPU+WiFi to a locked board and it will work, with unlocked serial in-tact. Being capable of doing that without damaging anything, however...

But you aren't unlocking M1 boards, or changing serials, or anything like that. You can honestly just stop waiting for it.

Comment

is there a free option for intel t2 macs since the tethered bypass makes reselling the bypassed mac impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by LozinMust View Post
                                    So this also means that despite the SN being stored on the NAND chips, they can be taken from locked boards to salvage unlocked boards that have damaged storage, right?
                                    Serial isn't stored in the nands--at least not the primary/master copy. That is in the CPU. CPU is tied to WiFi card; storage not tied at all, no concerns about nands in any way for purposes of unlock conversation.

If you have a holed-PCB M1/Pro/Max board with good/unlocked CPU and non-shorted WiFi card, you can transfer them to a locked (but otherwise working) board, and have an unlocked board with the serial of the original/holed board. It works fine. If you want to also transfer the data, just transfer all the nands as well--it also works.

But.

It's an unbelievably-difficult process, 11/10 scale of difficulty, and is incredibly time-consuming (many hours of work). If you are making net $1,000-2,000 for the process, it may be worth your time. If you're doing this to make $100-200.00, well, good luck.
                                    Last edited by ugamazing; 09-15-2023, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Ok so serial stored in CPU one question I have is when a Logic board is replaced it has a blank serial only when connecting to the net and using AST2/ sys config etc does it write the existing serial to board and configures the touch ID.

So how is this done over a network ?

There has to be something that has read/write access

Comment

Is there anyway to figure out what the full email address is of the Apple ID to contact the original owner to possibly remove the activation lock on an M1 MacBook Pro?

Comment

I bought this 820-02016 A2337 on eBay yesterday knowing that it had some lock that looks like the old EFI lock of earlier models. sickw(dot com) shows board as iCloud and MDM unlocked, so what is this lock shown in this device please. I am assuming that without the appropriate PIN code I will never unlock it? Thanks, I hate all this locking cr*p like we all do. Sorry for imgur photo link, I can never work out how to upload images here https://******/sMUzq9J.jpg
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Vesko356; 10-09-2023, 01:14 AM. Reason: External url removed. Picture attached to the post.
                                          My YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD...5d6OgizDqoi_SA

Comment

Working...
                                          X