LA_E801P Problem +RTCVCC Short Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA_E801P Problem +RTCVCC Short Circuit

I have a problem in the la-e801p motherboard DC1 +RTCVCC short circuit with earth, I feel the cc7 capacitor short it located close to uc1.ak19 Please anybody knows the location of cc7

Re: LA_E801P Problem +RTCVCC Short Circuit

Keeping the board on the DC1 location side, near bottom right side of cpu is CC7. You can easily trace that capacitor as it will be near 2 resistors(20K) for RTCRST# and SRTCRST#.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, (20K) 2 resistors are RC91 and RC93 (for RTCRST# and SRTCRST#
      and That 2 capacitor CC10,CC11) I could not fine the CC7

Comment

The RTC section is in the PCH chipset. If it's got a separate PCH then it's a basic BGA rework job. If it's integrated in the CPU then you need to replace the whole board.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

CC7 is on the back of PCH but its very difficult to trace it without boardview.You can try injecting 1V,5A to +RTCVCC and see if any cap is getting mildly hot on back side of PCH .
          Chances are probably more of a shorted PCH which will require replacement. PCH & cpu is combined on this platform-so perhaps SOC replacement will be needed.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will come back later

Comment

I kept little drop soldering paste tope of the capacitor (which I feel shorted cap) and inject 1V, 1A to +RTCVCC (current taken 750ma) tope of the CC7 cap soldering paste melted. Disconnect the inject supply. Removed capacitor and tested it’s short (meter reading 4 oms ) replaced cap it's ok.
              Now AC LED ok, VREG3(P3) - 3.5V, VREG5(P13) - 4.95V, VIN(P12) - 19V, CS1(P1) - 0.900V , CS2(P5) - 0.700V, SW1(P18) - 4.9V, SW2(P8) -4.9V, when switch on the system not on but END1(P20) -3.25V, END2(P6) - 0V reading 4 or 5 second. Please advice me to find the fault.

Comment

Working...
              X