Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP 14, LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 14, LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pres

now i see schematic. yes, but still "measure short to ground and voltage when it is starting on all big grey coils and capacitors"

Comment

Re: HP 14, LA-A994P, charging light, power led on for 1 second when power button pres

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      If it is starting, u have 3.3 ALW so u must have EC_ON

measure short to ground and voltage when it is starting on all big grey coils and capacitors

find short to ground, low voltage /overload/, no voltage /not work/ or bigger voltage /burn/

@ in schematic means that is not used
      Thank you!

I did test on continuity mode to those caps (attached photos), they beep on both sides.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iplaypty View Post
        Thank you!

I did test on continuity mode to those caps (attached photos), they beep on both sides.
        beep is not short. short is under 4ohm. processor and gpu have low ohms so they beep
        how many ohms do u have?

chceck for voltage on all big coils when starting

u have SoC platform, so if something goes wrong, bad is mostly SoC IC
        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 11-29-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

beep is not short. short is under 4ohm.
          how many ohms do u have?

So even if it beeps on both sides, both sides have to be less than 4 ohms?

Comment

beep is not short. short is under 4ohm. processor and gpu have low ohms so they beep
            how many ohms do u have?

chceck for voltage on all big coils when starting

u have SoC platform, so if something goes wrong, bad is mostly SoC IC
            Sorry, I am learning a lot from you guys. Thank you!

The ones close to the screen connector are less than 1 ohm on continuity mode, both sides.
            Attached Files

Comment

big coils i mean the big grey cubes.

check voltages on they when u press power button. it must climbing. when not check for short
              Last edited by ktmmotocross; 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

big coils i mean the big grey cubes.

check voltages on they when u press power button. it must climbing. when not check for short
                how?

black lead on ground, red lead on coil +?

Comment

yes and same for short check

Comment

yes and same for short check
                    PLG1: 10 ohms both sides
                    PLZ2: 8.7 ohms both sides
                    PL1002 165 ohms both sides

the rest of the coils are 0L. both sides. no charger plug. no power on.

With charger, no power on:
                    PL102: 3.0v both sides
                    PL303: 0v both sides
                    PL302: 3.6 mV both sides
                    PLZ2: 0V both sides
                    PLG1: 0V both sides
                    PL1002: 0V both sides
                    PLM2: 0V both sides

When I press power button (what i can see on multimeter)
                    PL102: 3v both sides
                    PL303: 3.6v for a split of second
                    PL302: 5.19v for a split of second
                    PLZ2: around 100mV
                    PLG1: around 100mV
                    PL1002: 1.75v - 1.007 for a split of sec
                    PLM2: .381v for a split of second

Comment

Thank you very much tibd and ktmmotocross.

I was able to fix it.

I injected some amps on JPHW7 and found the bad cap next to UR1.

I removed it and now it turns on and show image on screen.

Is it important to place another cap there as replacement?

Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much tibd and ktmmotocross.

I was able to fix it.

I injected some amps on JPHW7 and found the bad cap next to UR1.

I removed it and now it turns on and show image on screen.

Is it important to place another cap there as replacement?

Thanks!
                        Never start without some component.

Yes replace it.

Comment

looks like it is on pin 9 of UR1, which is +AVDD12 and thre are two capacitors CR3 and CR4

Comment

Very good, and yes you need to replace that cap. Originally rated for 6.3v in parallel with a 16v cap (CR4). I would change with at least 10v-16 rating. As of capacitance same as original 4.7uf.

Comment

looks like it is on pin 9 of UR1, which is +AVDD12 and thre are two capacitors CR3 and CR4
                              ok, Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tibd View Post
                                Very good, and yes you need to replace that cap. Originally rated for 6.3v in parallel with a 16v cap (CR4). I would change with at least 10v-16 rating. As of capacitance same as original 4.7uf.
                                ok, thank you!

Comment

I have the same problen did u get any solution

Comment

I took some pictures with my phone.

The owner of the laptop told me that he was using the computer, then it suddenly turned off.
                                    Did u manage the laptop because i have the same problem

Comment

Working...
                                    X