Mac mini A1347 Late 2012 no power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac mini A1347 Late 2012 no power!

No power indication at all, replaced Power supply and of course cable, but still no power going into the board.
    The power supply gives power testing with multimeter but when plugged into the board it shorts out and doesn't show any power, its like if the logicboard is shorting the power supply.
    I need schematic and boardview if im lucky, to test what shorten the board like that.
    If anybody have experience with this im willing to pay for guidance.

Re: Mac mini A1347 Late 2012 no power!

schematics are around on torrent / mule someplace.

Comment

can't find it mate, searched all over with no luck..

Comment

As I can remember you get 12V from the power supply.
        As you said it gets shorted as you plug it at motherboard.
        So you have to strip out the motherboard from the case first, solder 2 wires [not too thin ones] at the 12V power rail and remark the polarity.
        After take a fresh AA batery and connect it for some seconds at cables with the proper polarity.
        Disconnect soon after and check with your hands to see where the M/B has heated up.
        Usually it is a shorted ceramic cap. Remove it - not really need to replace it.
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rookieme View Post
          As I can remember you get 12V from the power supply.
          As you said it gets shorted as you plug it at motherboard.
          So you have to strip out the motherboard from the case first, solder 2 wires [not too thin ones] at the 12V power rail and remark the polarity.
          After take a fresh AA batery and connect it for some seconds at cables with the proper polarity.
          Disconnect soon after and check with your hands to see where the M/B has heated up.
          Usually it is a shorted ceramic cap. Remove it - not really need to replace it.
          Good luck
          Thanks il give it a try!

Comment

Working...
          X