X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Macbook Air M1 A2337 Trackpad problem

Hello all,

I am repairing a Macbook A2337 and i have a problem
    The Macbook is stuck in restore as someone before me tried a DFU restore and bricked the device, now i can't do a restore as AC2 throws error 1 which is related to the trackpad.
    When i turn on the device i get the trackpad click for a few moments and then nothing, i tried 7 trackpads and 7 trackpad flats, i know all 7 are functioning okay, especially one as i use it for testing and DFU restore.
    I inspected the whole board and everything seems fine.
    Can anyone help me as i didn't fiddle with trackpad circuits on any Macbook to point me in the right direction?

No liquid damage?

Fans running at high speed? Inspect the trackpad cables and mating connector.

Inspect the nand flash for corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      No liquid damage?

Fans running at high speed? Inspect the trackpad cables and mating connector.

Inspect the nand flash for corrosion.
      No liquid damage, i inspected the whole board, fans are not running at high speed, both NAND's look good and get 2.5V, not shorted.
      Also connector looks brand new, no gunk or bent pins or oxidation, as per my post i replaced both trackpad and trackpad flats that are known good, also i inspected the board that connects keyboard and backlight with the trackpad flat, also tried replacing that little board but outcome is the same

Comment

Are the replacement trackpads compatible with this logic board? Each is from this specific model?

MacBook Air 13" (A2337, Late 2020) Trackpad (ifixit.com)

Comment

Are the replacement trackpads compatible with this logic board? Each is from this specific model?

MacBook Air 13" (A2337, Late 2020) Trackpad (ifixit.com)
          Yes, all are from A2337, the original trackpad that was on the device i connected it to another board and it works, so its 100% on the MOBO.
          I measured every pin on the trackpad connector and nothing is shorted

Comment

Suggest testing each connection of the trackpad connector using diode mode measurements. Red to ground; black meter probe to the contact on the trackpad connector. Compare the diode mode measurement against a known good board. There must be a difference between the working and non-working trackpad measurements.

Comment

Suggest testing each connection of the trackpad connector using diode mode measurements. Red to ground; black meter probe to the contact on the trackpad connector. Compare the diode mode measurement against a known good board. There must be a difference between the working and non-working trackpad measurements.

I just did that, IPD_SPI_INT_CONN_L is too low, i then inspected RT364 which is 100K ohms and its good, also UT365 which i replaced heroically and its still the same, then i inspected RT363 which is 10K ohms and resistance is also good. After those components it goes directly to the CPU

Comment

What is the peak current draw on the USB Type C meter for this non-working laptop board?

What is the voltage to ground on each side of LT400? LT403?

Comment

What is the peak current draw on the USB Type C meter for this non-working laptop board?

Board is "working", its stuck in Restore, uts drawubg 20V and from 0.20 to 0.9A as the battery is full

Comment

Are you using a known good battery on this target board?

Comment

Are you using a known good battery on this target board?
                      Yes, Everything except the board works, i took a whole topcase that i know is good and put the board in there

Comment

Measure the power rails used by the trackpad.

Comment

Measure the power rails used by the trackpad.

Sorry for the late response and also thank you for helping me, i measured LT400, LT402 and LT403, so PPBUSAON, PP5V and PP3V3, i don't have a single voltage

Comment

Working...
                          X