Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rog strix g733qs thinks battery is plugged in even it is removed (power problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rog strix g733qs thinks battery is plugged in even it is removed (power problem)

Hi, i need help with this laptop, laptop freezes when i enable power saving mode but with turbo mode works fine, i removed battery but laptop thinks it is present & charged to 255%
    could this be some voltage leak to battery sensing lines? is there any way to do some test or measures, thanks for help

Check dc in mosfets for internal short and requirements of the charging ic.

Comment

Also check the voltage to ground of each pin on the battery connector. It is possible that the SMBUS lines (aka I2C) used by the battery pack communication are being shunted to ground due to an ESD event. In summary, there should be some nearby 3 pin diodes used to suppress ESD surges from humans. If either of these dual diodes (in a single package) are defective, the SMBUS lines cannot function properly.

Post each measurement. Red meter probe to point to test. Black to ground (metal shield is ok). Meter in DC volts (20v or higher scale).

Comment

ok, sorry for delay, hw monitor shows 1mwh battery is present even no battery is connected, battery connector pins from left to right, i have no schematic or brdwv
        with battery =(pin1&2 16,7v) (pin3 not used / no wire to battery) (pin4&5 3,2v) (pin6 2,9v) (pin7&8 gnd)
        no battery = (pin1&2 17,4v drops to 0,1v) (pin3 not used / no wire to battery) (pin4&5 3,2v) (pin6 0,3v) (pin7&8 gnd)

Comment

Working...
        X