HP DV6-3030xt white screen, no lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV6-3030xt white screen, no lines

I power it up and it shows white screen without any lines. no any sounds, power light is on, nothing flashes, voltage on every coil is ok, only +vga_core is 0.92v which is pretty low but in schematics is normal between 0.9v and 1v
    nothing on external display, with or without its main display.
    it seams to me like gpu problem, but not sure. anyone had something like this???

Re: HP DV6-3030xt white screen, no lines

anyone ??? this is laptop very well known to all of you, someone must have similar failure?

Comment

graphics(GMCH) problem.
      Reflow graphics chip.

masud.

Comment

i fixed hundereds of dv series hp laptops, but didnt see that fault. if you fix it, let me know whats wrong. Btw, did you try to press caps lock to see if the light is on /off. ?

Comment

Nvidia ATI issue Black out

Comment

Originally posted by spidey View Post
            i fixed hundereds of dv series hp laptops, but didnt see that fault. if you fix it, let me know whats wrong. Btw, did you try to press caps lock to see if the light is on /off. ?
            I tried it now and it won't stay ON, just blink when I press button, and goes off when I release it.

also what I noticed now, when keyboard is connected and when put charger in, led light near jack won't light, it just flash once and goes off, and motherboard won't power on. When remove keyboard and connect charger, light is on and motherboard powers on. Also when I first connect charger, then put keyboard it powers on and light on charger jack is on.

I did reflow it, but no changes. Maybe southbridge is foulty????

Comment

How about always on voltages? and can you measure current consumption ?

Comment

How about always on voltages? and can you measure current consumption ?
                on choke 3.34v and 5.14v ALW, current was a bit tricky to measure because of third control pin on hp chargers but i got it. power sequence is like this:

turned off: 0.11a
                turned on: 1.7a, 1.8a, 2.1a, 1.950a and holds it

this is just motherboard with display no other devices.

does anyone know what is this thing with keyboard and charging, because I saw that on at least 5 hp laptops

Comment

does this means something to you??? I didn't watched power sequence for this model until now so I don't know how unusual is this.

maybe someone did

Comment

Originally posted by nucleus View Post
                    on choke 3.34v and 5.14v ALW, current was a bit tricky to measure because of third control pin on hp chargers but i got it. power sequence is like this:

does anyone know what is this thing with keyboard and charging, because I saw that on at least 5 hp laptops

0.11 is too high for standby. also the others, i think you have battery installed. please remove it and post the new results.

Comment

0.11 is too high for standby. also the others, i think you have battery installed. please remove it and post the new results.
                      my mistake 0.011A, no battery installed

Comment

my mistake 0.011A, no battery installed
                        ok, nobody knows for white screen, but somebody must know this thing with charging and keyboard. what is connection between charging and keyboard ???

Comment

reflow your gpu.

Comment

Working...
                          X