Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad Pro 11 A2230 won't boot up - stuck at logo

Hello,

I have iPad which stuck at logo. Is there something I can do with it without data loss?

Thanks for your help

Martin

Re: iPad Pro 11 A2230 won't boot up - stuck at logo

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212017

Comment

Try DFU mode and update the device with 3utools

Comment

But there is a risk of data loss during update isn't it? Already tried to enter DFU mode with itunes but it doesn't work.

Comment

So, it looks there is no way to get data back due to encryption, so chip-off is not possible.

Comment

In DFU mode you can't update the device with itunes, you have to use 3utools.
            No risk of loosing data with an update.

Comment

I tried to use 3utools but I can't get into DFU mode. I tried this :

https://osxdaily.com/2021/10/10/ente...e-ipad-pro-m1/

Is it correct way to get into DFU mode?

Thanks

Comment

Nobody knows?

Comment

Is the USB cable a known good cable? Test with another.

Is the charge port on the ipad still ok? Do you hear any dock chime when the charge cable is mated to a charger / power adapter?

Comment

Yes. Cable is new. Never used before. Tried another, but still the same.

Charge port is OK. If I plug it to power supply, it takes 15V /1.5A.

Power off is imposiible with power button, I must disconnect battery to kill it. I don't really know what dock chime is, but I don't hear anything.

Comment

Often, when the ipad / iphones are plugged into a USB port on a host PC or power adapter, the screen will power on and you will hear a 'ding' sound to inform the user that the battery is now being charged.

The current consumption is a good start which means that the unit is consuming current.

What is the history of this unit? Any liquid damage / was dropped?

Comment

You are not alone...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250584769

Comment

Ah, I see. There is no sound, when I connect it to power supply.

Known history : suddenly stuck for unknown reason. No signs of liqiud damage, nor dropped.

Comment

The unknowns are if this is a hardware / software or crapware root cause.

If crapware, only Apple will know how to fix their custom OS. Even if you wanted to erase the contents of this ipad to reset to factory - is that possible with your unit?

That is, you are able to boot up but always gets stuck at the Apple logo -> the unit is not responding to any of the combinations of button presses?

Other hardware videos cite that coils (mostly) or caps get damaged during an ipad drop and this can then cause a stuck at logo or bootloop fault.

See here:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODYUxi83l2s

This model is with a USB Type C connector? The power delivery contract appears to be working if it is selecting a higher than the default 5 volts out of the external power adapter.

This validates that the CCx lines are working on the one side of the USB connector blade.

Remove and rotate the type C connector head by 180 degrees and test again if iTunes can find this unit. That is, by rotating the type C head, you are now using the other half of the dual sided connector head. Perhaps one side is damaged (ESD?) but the other side may be ok.

Comment

This is exact what I'm trying to understand. If It's a HW or SW error.

Unit is stuck in bootloop and doesn't respond to any button combination.

It has a USB-C connector. I will try to rotate connector and check it again.

I will let you know tomorrow.

Comment

The timing to perform the reboot of this model is critical. Perhaps try again the button press combinations posted on the Apple and other websites.

Other ideas are to carefully disconnect the display and digitizer connector - see the many youtube videos before proceeding. Keep track of your screws and disconnect the battery first.

The mate the battery and attempt to connect to the host PC with itunes. Do you hear a ding upon applying power to the unit (without the display)?

Comment

Also those ipad are known for broken coils inspect the board for lose coils. Or broken coils.

Comment

I already tried ever possible combination of buttons press, but still the same. Even without LCD and digitizer. Also tried disconnect everything that is not need for power on unit. Still no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                                      Also those ipad are known for broken coils inspect the board for lose coils. Or broken coils.
                                      Checked all coils on board. Everything looks OK.

Comment

I leaved it some time on power supply and noticed that C8073 is very hot and look burned. Also D8710 burned. That's weird.

And only Aliexpress have these diodes. So I have to look for some donor.

Comment

Working...
                                        X