Asus V241EP Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus V241EP Bios

I've got an Asus V241 All in one PC with a blank screen. Shows nothing at all. I've been through all the obvious but nothing helps, so I'm looking to flash the BIOS.

There are two flashable chips on the motherboard, a 24C16WP eeprom with a whole 2k bytes, and a 4Mbit 25L4006E cmos serial flash chip, so I'm assuming the latter. I've pulled it and read it, but I can't see anything and neither can UEFITool, so it's either corrupt or encrypted.

I can download the BIOS from Asus, but the image size is almost 20MB, and I've only got 500K of chip space to squeeze it onto. I guess that I only wnat part of it, but I've no idea which part. Does anyone have any hints where to start?

Re: Asus V241EP Bios

Originally posted by CG2 View Post
    I've got an Asus V241 All in one PC with a blank screen. Shows nothing at all. I've been through all the obvious but nothing helps, so I'm looking to flash the BIOS.

There are two flashable chips on the motherboard, a 24C16WP eeprom with a whole 2k bytes, and a 4Mbit 25L4006E cmos serial flash chip, so I'm assuming the latter. I've pulled it and read it, but I can't see anything and neither can UEFITool, so it's either corrupt or encrypted.

I can download the BIOS from Asus, but the image size is almost 20MB, and I've only got 500K of chip space to squeeze it onto. I guess that I only wnat part of it, but I've no idea which part. Does anyone have any hints where to start?
    You must have a bigger storage chip like (64 Megabit or 128 Megabit).
    when you find it read it and upload the original file and someone will help you.
    Also you should write your device serial number.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

D'oh. That's embarassing. There's a Winbond 25Q128JVPQ 128M-bit sitting right beside the battery on the other side of the board. Thanks for the help and apologies for being so dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by CG2 View Post
        D'oh. That's embarassing. There's a Winbond 25Q128JVPQ 128M-bit sitting right beside the battery on the other side of the board. Thanks for the help and apologies for being so dumb.
        No Problem friend. if you can't do it by yourself, just upload the file and write your serial number.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Hi, i have the same issue with an Asus V241 all in one, power led flashes slowly twice, tried flashing new bios but same issue, no output to screen, 19v, 5v and 3.3 present...any help on this issue would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by nedd119 View Post
            Hi, i have the same issue with an Asus V241 all in one, power led flashes slowly twice, tried flashing new bios but same issue, no output to screen, 19v, 5v and 3.3 present...any help on this issue would be appreciated
            did you check on an external monitor... did you change the ram memory..
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Yes tried with working ram and output from hdmi but no post, the power led flashes twice as soon as the power connector is attached.

Comment

Originally posted by nedd119 View Post
                Yes tried with working ram and output from hdmi but no post, the power led flashes twice as soon as the power connector is attached.
                post the original bios even if it is corrupted
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Hi, it was was the soldered on CPU, reflowed and it working temporarily, new mobo required, thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                    You must have a bigger storage chip like (64 Megabit or 128 Megabit).
                    when you find it read it and upload the original file and someone will help you.
                    Also you should write your device serial number.
                    This is my bios, no video and power led blinking, i attach it w/ serialnumber
                    M8PTCJ007871312
                    hope you can help me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kk126 View Post
                      This is my bios, no video and power led blinking, i attach it w/ serialnumber
                      M8PTCJ007871312
                      hope you can help me
                      Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                      X