Capacitors for an Asus Echo Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitors for an Asus Echo Board

My wife's Compaq Presario S5000V P8656P has a batch of bad capacitors which I need to replace.

Normally the P8656P has a Trigem Glendale board (all serial numbers starting with KR or CH. However, if the serial number starts with MX (as hers does) then the board is an Asus Echo P4G533 board with the Award bios.

HP's web page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...n&cc=us&dlc=en, tells about this and gives the layout and some photos.

I am new to this and need to have some help figuring out what to order. I can take close up pictures and send them in if that will help.

Thanks,

Neal Lewis

Re: Capacitors for an Asus Echo Board

Pictures might help but what you need to do is take picture of the board where you are going to replace anything ( I usually take a print) and write on it the value of each
    capacitor. IMPORTANT also note the side(negative) the stripe is on as on asus boards
    the markings are opposite to what you might expect. You also need low or very low esr
    caps if I was in the US I would probably just order from badcaps.net

Write out the list and add the make and series of the caps and probably someone will be able to help you decide.

This is not an easy job and unless you are an experienced solderer you may want to get in some practice.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
      Pictures might help but what you need to do is take picture of the board where you are going to replace anything ( I usually take a print) and write on it the value of each
      capacitor. IMPORTANT also note the side(negative) the stripe is on as on asus boards
      the markings are opposite to what you might expect. You also need low or very low esr
      caps if I was in the US I would probably just order from badcaps.net

Write out the list and add the make and series of the caps and probably someone will be able to help you decide.

This is not an easy job and unless you are an experienced solderer you may want to get in some practice.
      Thank you for the advice. All very good. I normally do take pictures of anything I work on (do it for a living as a tech writer). The information on the stripes is also very good since that tells me they are polarized.

I planned to order from badcaps.

I am not that experienced, but I am very patient and very, very careful (an eight hour job takes me twenty four.

Thanks again for the advice.

Neal Lewis

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X