Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying replacement part for W2K

Hi,

I am trying to find a replacement part for W2K (see enclosed picture).

If you do find it let me know how you found it as well..........i have the hardest time trying to find parts.
    Attached Files

Re: Need help identifying replacement part for W2K

Google's first hit brings the SMD codebook:

That lists it as a TSDF1220RW which seems a bit unlikely, but I suppose it's possible.
    Last edited by smason; 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

yes, i dont think this part number is the W2K device i am looking for. The package types in the data sheet do not match that for the W2K device.

But thanks for trying. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Comment

Interesting. I'm just learning this SMD stuff myself.
        I found another referece on an Italian forum that showed it to be another high frequency ( in the Ghz range) NPN, a PRF951 also pretty unlikely in a monitor, unless someone is using it as a bugging device
        I wonder if that's a house number, in which case it might be a biach to source.
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

2n7002
          "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

kikkoman,

Thanks for responding. But how do you know this part number has the marking of "W2K". I looked up this part number and i cant find any reference to "W2K".

Comment

found it in a german forum post where someone had a dead one on a laptop mobo and someone else found the schematics.
              the '72' on the edge pretty much confirms it.
              "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Sent email to company NXP and they came back with the following response:

""NXP Semiconductors answer: Thank you for contacting NXP Semiconductors.A device in a SOT23 package with W2K marked on it is probably the 2N7002K.""

Comment

While checking for the W2K I tried looking for 2K and found this. It looks like it should work in the circuit we are working on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but that one is a P channel and I didn't catch it before I sent the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X