Spectroniq PLTV-3250 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spectroniq PLTV-3250 wont start

Please check device CRS2. The device mounted on the heatsink in the upper right of the top down picture of the entire board you posted. I've posted a zoomed pic of that device.

The front surface appears to be damaged. But, it might just be the lighting. Please verify whether it is surface glue/epoxy or is it a crack/hole in the casing?

You questioned the location of Q7 & ZD4. The other pic shows you their location.

Toast
    Attached Files
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Test540va
      Sorry spent all day at work... unfortunately I won't be able to continue working on this project till Monday afternoon will be busy with previous engagements. but i do have one question for ya.... when I am measuring the voltage on the back of the PSU I assume it should be unplugged, correct ?
      No. Do this with power on. Work carefully. Speaking from other's experience, 160VDC bites.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello all... I'm afraid My inexperience has caused a major back-pedal I foolishly flipped the board upside down with the power supply ON and ZAP (blue light flashed and heard a small static-pop) DAMN ! ! I rechecked the LARGE cap for voltage and sure enough it was at 80... 79... 78.... etc... think if I replace that large capacitor it will be good to go again ?

Comment

You probably blew the line rectifier (or a few diodes in it) measure the diodes in the package with the diode checker function of the DMM.

Suprised that the fuse didn't blow.
          Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-10-2009, 09:06 PM.
          Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
            You probably blew the line rectifier measure the diodes in the package.

Suprised that the fuse didn't blow.

Line Rectifier measure ? ??? where is that ? ?

Comment

The large device mounted on the heatsink it's about 2 transistor widths.

It's 4 diodes in a bridge rectifier arrangement in one package. Measure each of the diodes in the package just google bridge rectifiers to see the layout on the 4 pins.
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
                The large device mounted on the heatsink it's about 2 transistor widths.

It's 4 diodes in a bridge rectifier arrangement in one package. Measure each of the diodes in the package just google bridge rectifiers to see the layout on the 4 pins.

Is this the Bridge Rectifier ? ? ? ? I have it circled in red.

Comment

Bridge Rectifier ? in RED ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Measured the "Bridge Rectifier" it registered at .08 volts... i think I measured it right, flipped the board over and hooked the leads of my DMM to the "-" and "+" sides. Anyways I will replace the Bridge Rectifier and see if that brings that Large capacitor back to life

Comment

Look at this diagram:

That is how to isolate and test each diode in the package you should only get a reading with the probes in one orientation if you don't get a ready flip them around if you read a short on any diode (in both directions) the rectifier is toast.
                      Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-10-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

has anyone got the rebuild kit on ebay for this power supply. i bought it and it says to remove d4 and it also didnt need a cap i think c25. anyone else use this kit from portage mi

Comment

Originally posted by gmzombie
                          has anyone got the rebuild kit on ebay for this power supply. i bought it and it says to remove d4 and it also didnt need a cap i think c25. anyone else use this kit from portage mi
                          Post a link to the kit.....
                          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                          • Windows 10 Pro x64
                          • GeForce GT1050
                            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

i cant find anymore of the kit but it had me change all of the caps...it took out a cap and is telling me to discard the d4 but i think he may mean discard zd4 as that is the one you guys have toruble with right? anyways i replaced the caps and the q7 but i didnt get the zd4 so i didnt replace that and i still have nothing.what is your advice remove the zd4??

Comment

just to update i talked with the guy who sold me the kit. he does sell a repair charge to fix your power supply for 24.99 plus shipping. anyways i did get the tv to work now after removing the zd4 completly as per the repair kit. working fine without it and i couldnt be happier. thanks to you guys too for showing us the way.

Comment

I am having the same problem (no power). Do you know the part number for Q7?

Comment

Z-diodes like D4 do either protect the gate of the switching mosfet or are for over voltage protection. I would not recommend to use any SMPS w/o it. In the best case, you just simply blow the mosfet or anything powered from the psu. In the worst case, it will cause a fire.

Comment

"I checked the diode out of circuit with my
                                    analog meter and sure enough that's what was throwing the
                                    resistance off. The diode was neither shorted nor open and
                                    had originally checked ok using diode check on a digital meter
                                    when in circuit. I replaced the diode then put the supply back
                                    into the monitor and it checked ok.
                                    "

Do you mind telling me exactly which zener diode had to be replaced on this power supply? I don't really know how to test zener diodes. I have replaced the same shorted transistor that you mentioned Q7. I am now starting to get at least a blinking blue light on the front of the unit.

Thanks

Comment

hello
                                      you have to do first is to measure if 5vdc of stanby, if present, that means you are working on a bony part of the source ic2, ic3q11, q7 and z04, now the problem is in the IC1 ref # l6598d.
                                      the complete kit to make the repair contains all the ic's, transistor and diode and you can sort of THROUGH

Comment

whats the value of the Q7 transistor?
                                        i need to buy one

thanks

Comment

Thanks for you information how to Troughble shooting FSP194-3F01 power supply for 32 inch Protron (model PLTV-3250) LCDTV
                                          1/ I changer 3 capasitors is bad I can see is check On/Off socket had 0VDC
                                          2/ Replace new (transistor)Q7 is still not working check DC volt get 5VDC at (transistor) Q7
                                          3/ Replace new ZD4 (zener diode) close (transistor)Q7, now I had 12 VDC after replace ZD4 (zener diode) & 5VDC at On/Off socket
                                          Finally after changer 3 capacitors + (transistor)Q7 & (zener diode) ZD4 my Tv work again
                                          Last edited by hoadle; 08-01-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X