Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai W240D

Hi,

I have some troubles with my Hyundai W240D screen.
    I do not happen to have an image on the screen (black screen).
    When I connect an HDMI device, LED changes from red to blue (this means that screen is ON) but nothing appears on the screen : black screen
    However, I managed to get on for one second the screen looking for the source (VGA) and the screen is off screen once.
    I am attaching some pictures of the cards, I do not feel I see HS capacity.
    I measured the output of the 2 regulators, I have 3.3V and 1.8V.

thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Hyundai W240D

Hi,
    It seems you have a problem on the inverter side. Please post some pictures with it (it's the board underneath the metal shield).
    Also what voltage you have on the connector P500 (power supply board) between GND and 24V labeled pins and also between GND and On/Off pin on the same connector ?
    In a transistor circuit protected by a fuse, the transistor will always blow to protect the fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by r2d2leboss View Post
      Hi,

I have some troubles with my Hyundai W240D screen.
      I do not happen to have an image on the screen (black screen).
      When I connect an HDMI device, LED changes from red to blue (this means that screen is ON) but nothing appears on the screen : black screen
      However, I managed to get on for one second the screen looking for the source (VGA) and the screen is off screen once.
      I am attaching some pictures of the cards, I do not feel I see HS capacity.
      I measured the output of the 2 regulators, I have 3.3V and 1.8V.

thank you
      Use a flash light and shine directly at the panell. Do you see any visible images? Can be hard to see sometimes, thus try that with the room lights off. In the first image, check the LED driver section at the bottom half of the board. Also check whether the power supply to that section is stable.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for you answer.
        I come back to you as I was in vacation.
        Coming back from my vacation and removing the grid to take the pictures, my screen started working again!
        Unfortunately, this was short lived as from 1am it does not work: black screen.
        What is certain is that the blacklight does not start (in the dark you can not see any difference) even if LED (RED -> BLUE) indicates that screen is ON when I start computer.
        Between GND and 24V, I get 24,5V.
        Between On / Off (Bright) and GND, I get :
        - Screen ON (hdmi input, blue LED) : 3.26V
        - Screen OFF (no input, red LED) : 3.26V ...

Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

How long did it stay on for
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
            How long did it stay on for
            About 20 hours

I should add that when I make several hard reset and after his initialization, it lights the blacklight for 1 sec (no image) and goes out.
            Last edited by r2d2leboss; 08-17-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I think I have found the source of the problem. For this, I tried to reproduce the same steps from the last time. I ended up finding a strange issue. When I press well with my multimeter pines ON / OFF and GND (on the backlight inverter PCB) to measure the voltage (pins exerting a pressure on PCB (on the middle, where there are no screws)), I put the power with a HDMI source, the screen works again! I remove my pines from my multimeter, the screen does not turn off immediately, but after 2-3secs. I then retried 2-3 times, press a little more and now the screen works again without problems ...
              I do not think I solved the problem, even if the screen works again (for how long), but do you have an idea that might explain the worries?

thank you

Comment

No - bad solder joint is likely - I will think about it.
                Can you post a close up of the area or say which picture it is on if already posted.

Also I dont know if you treat hdmi as plug and play but I recommend you dont - switch off
                bothe monitor and source when connecting then switch back on.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  No - bad solder joint is likely - I will think about it.
                  Can you post a close up of the area or say which picture it is on if already posted.

Also I dont know if you treat hdmi as plug and play but I recommend you dont - switch off
                  bothe monitor and source when connecting then switch back on.
                  It's the picture with ID 92674 (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1408292070)
                  Monitor has started to work again when I pressed with my multimeter on ON / OFF and GND pins that can be seen on the white connector in the middle.
                  PCB has 4 screws, on each corner. There is nothing on the back of the PCB.

Comment

Is it just when you connect with your multimeter or is it just the physical pressure -
                    try with non conductive stick/plastic rod

OK remove the socket and check the pins and sockets and the soldering of the pins and wire.
                    If you have a magnifying glass check to see if you can spot anything odd.
                    Next I would resolder the fuse and U3 and the C34 (check this for crack)

Try it again then move out from there resolder the Transformer and the small resistor R34

If you have a magnifying glass check to see if you can spot anything odd.

Comment

Hi there

I had exactly the same issue, the backlight came for a few seconds after switching the screen on.
                      When pressing on the board the backlight stayed on for about 30 minutes.
                      At first, I thought the caps were dead, replaced them then tried again -> same issue.
                      Then replaced the Mosfet with stronger ones -> same issue.
                      I even had the idea to replace the tubes with LED's until I took the micrsocope to check all solders.
                      I discovered then a small, almost invisible crack on the HV transformer solder pad.
                      I resoldered all transformers and the problem was solved.
                      The screen is now working fine for a few weeks.

Hope this will help others.

Cheers

Cello

Comment

Thanks for posting that - the original writer never told us the outcome which is a bit disappointing

Comment

Working...
                        X