Hp vs 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp vs 19

I have a totally white screen, wife came in to do some work and she fired up her computer and only one screen works correctly. I had repaired the caps around 4 years ago, thing it might be the ribbon cable possibly loose. I took the back off and the cable was secure. I searched the forums here for any knowns but am not able to see anything matching.
    Are there any known quick fix concerns

Re: Hp vs 19

Originally posted by hydafl View Post
    I have a totally white screen, wife came in to do some work and she fired up her computer and only one screen works correctly. I had repaired the caps around 4 years ago, thing it might be the ribbon cable possibly loose. I took the back off and the cable was secure. I searched the forums here for any knowns but am not able to see anything matching.
    Ok, that ribbon cable (LVDS) connects to the panel board. You want to look for a a fuse and check it. Also check the power to the fuse with the monitor on. You may have to remove some tiny screws to gain access to the panel board. If you need to fold it back, be gentle and make sure you don't damage the little ribbons. (TCP)
    A white screen often means a bad fuse on that board. (or no power to the board)

Comment

now its just black. I plugged the chassis in and was working the switch, the backlights would light up and then time out. I may touched something incorrectly now all is black

Comment

What were the capacitors' brand and model/series used for replacements? There are many causes for white screen ranging from noisy power rails (due to badcaps) to faulty Tcon board on the LCD panel (for example, check the fuses on the Tcon board)...

now its just black. I plugged the chassis in and was working the switch, the backlights would light up and then time out. I may touched something incorrectly now all is black
        This one sounds like "2 seconds to black" symptom...

Comment

Working...
        X