Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old school Fortune Magic Green 14" S/N 96097669 CRT

Originally posted by jts1957 View Post
    NO actual physical connection. A quarter inch away should do (The closer to flyback the brighter it will light - IF AC high voltage is present. Many electrical supply stores sell these to test for AC at electrical outlet pins. Just separate the metal pins and insulate them with electrical tape
    I have never see this bulb before..
    On my town, when we want to test AC mains electrical socket HOT line use this tester pen.
    this could be use to connects it to anode cup to make sure it has a high voltage AC? I don't know this anode cup has a DC or AC, sorry for my ignorance..
    feel nothing when placing my back of hand on the faces of screen.

btw, I have test to measure the IC Vcc pin yesterday and just get the voltage on
    TDA 1872 = 18V
    LM358 = 12V
    CA3080 = 0
    NE555 = 0
    TDA 9102 = 0
    WT 8043 = 0

and I am notice that trace before LM358 has a symbol I don't know what it means exactly. it has symbol = V, H, IN, OUT
    and i get the 12V voltage at IN trace directly from secondary PSU connected to Vcc LM358, but i measure the OUT trace and get no voltage.
    I am also measure 7812 voltage regulator at secondary PSU and get a 12V exactly.
    it looks like I will makes you confuse and my problem didn't as simple as i thought, huh? any idea or advice? thank you for your reply.
    Attached Files
    "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
    Rudi
    Thank You

Comment

that pen may do the trick.
      i still have one i made from a plastic drink stirrer and neon glow lamp.
      the fully insulated handle is so you dont get bit if your fly or lopt has bad insulation and you draw an arc with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
        that pen may do the trick.
        i still have one i made from a plastic drink stirrer and neon glow lamp.
        the fully insulated handle is so you dont get bit if your fly or lopt has bad insulation and you draw an arc with it.
        yeah, i will test it. for now, i am just get the board out and try figuring what is the culprit, this is wasting time but there is another way I think except checks one by one. i got no clue why TDA 9102 chip didn't get Vcc where is connected to OUT marked from LM358 Op Amp circuit. The diodes and resistor surrounding this chip was checked fine, i'll try check transistor later.. Maybe this chip itself were defective.

I have question, NE555 chip right here is act as oscillator? anyone ever looks circuit use this chip before? it didn't have Vcc.

Best Regards
        Rudi
        Thank You

Comment

Unless or until you get approximately 12-18 volts on pin 20 of TDA9102 you won't be getting any high voltage period.

Are there any identifying numbers on main board that might indicate a model number or chassis? Model would likely contain a '14' in it.

Comment

Unless or until you get approximately 12-18 volts on pin 20 of TDA9102 you won't be getting any high voltage period.

Are there any identifying numbers on main board that might indicate a model number or chassis? Model would likely contain a '14' in it.
            The question in my head is nothing voltage to Vcc TDA9102 that connected from OUT mark on board LM358 circuit, but surrounding components were checked good, probably I miss something.
            I can't see any number model for this monitor on his case.

but this main board has a code
            PBS-31-1440
            Li Lung C 04-0

maybe this could give you any ideas? I have checked this number on googling, unfortunately I get nothing..
            thank you for reply
            Last edited by senz_90; 11-21-2013, 04:09 PM.

Best Regards
            Rudi
            Thank You

Comment

'OUT' as in LM358 Pin #1 (Out1) or Pin #7 (Out2)? What's on LM358 pin #8?

Comment

'OUT' as in LM358 Pin #1 (Out1) or Pin #7 (Out2)? What's on LM358 pin #8?
                I means Out is OUT that marked on the board, not Out from this dual Op Amp.

I'll draw this LM358 schematic soon.. please help me and keep update if you don't mind.
                I have to take a time to install my schematic drawing software, it has a long time since I was make a PCB so my brother uninstall it.

Best Regards
                Rudi
                Thank You

Comment

this is the schema on pdf, not complete.. I am sorry.. I am too busy to draw all surrounding components, but I am checks B649A and C1815 transistor good.

and some picture, I have try to makes a good picture and hope you can see it..

D2 is zener diode = ZD001 on board mark
                  D1 = D002 on board mark
                  R1 = R005
                  R2 = R001

any ideas?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by senz_90; 11-22-2013, 09:31 PM.

Best Regards
                  Rudi
                  Thank You

Comment

Does set fire up if 12V is connected momentarily to pin #20 of TDA9102?

Comment

Vcc pin LM358 has 12V, but TDA9102 no voltage.
                      I have checked the trace and parallel connected to PSU connector to power button led.

it has 5V marked on the board before TDA9102 from power supply trace that connected to power button led. but i just get around 1.5 V DC. This is normal for Vf led, but this TDA9102 IC need 12-18 volts to active right? I have checked this parallel trace too that has 1 ceramic caps, 1 electrolytic, and zener diode but checks good..this gonna crack my brain. lol

did you mean I makes a jumper 12V for this IC?
                      Last edited by senz_90; 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM.

Best Regards
                      Rudi
                      Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by senz_90
                        did you mean I makes a jumper 12V for this IC?
                        YES ... see next sentence...

MOMENTARILY! short the 'IN' & 'OUT' stakes in your drawing on picture.
                        Last edited by jts1957; 11-23-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

MOMENTARILY! short the 'IN' & 'OUT' stakes in your drawing on picture.
                          from momentarily, I think that you means just a couple of second to short it? or makes a wire jumper permanently on this circuit?

Best Regards
                          Rudi
                          Thank You

Comment

Just for a second.
                            IF B plus is all that is missing to run that IC, then the High Voltage should come up. Then you'll have to figure out how/why its not making it there.
                            On the other hand, the worst that could happen is smoke, fire, flames.

Comment

Just for a second.
                              IF B plus is all that is missing to run that IC, then the High Voltage should come up. Then you'll have to figure out how/why its not making it there.
                              On the other hand, the worst that could happen is smoke, fire, flames.
                              B+ is not missing, it was measured as 100VDC. Hey bro, you and I MAKE it !! Thank you so much I am just realize there is a little connector that I think ever disconnected by someone, and I makes a jumper between this two connector that looks like a bare terminal block..and BIZZARE !! her live !!

But I got no picture, just a raster likes white screen..I try changes all screen setting but nothing, try changes 824J 400V poly caps that looks black burned and makes me guess (still acceptable I think before) with two parallel 474J I am get picture but it was divided into 4 horizontal picture.. So I think the next is find this critical value caps and I will get this girl back from death...
                              I think there is no problem anymore, but how do you think? any ideas?
                              Last edited by senz_90; 11-24-2013, 02:08 PM.

Best Regards
                              Rudi
                              Thank You

Comment

I was saying that the TDA9102 IC had NO B-Plus. By bypassing (jumping this connector) you are just proving that it is CAPABLE of working IF you correct the initial problem. That connector could be for factory 'aging' the set.

With jumper still connected, does POWER button turn set ON & OFF?

Some monitors require a signal to give other than white raster.
                                Last edited by jts1957; 11-24-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I was saying that the TDA9102 IC had NO B-Plus. By bypassing (jumping this connector) you are just proving that it is CAPABLE of working IF you correct the initial problem. That connector could be for factory 'aging' the set.

With jumper still connected, does POWER button turn set ON & OFF?

Some monitors require a signal to give other than white raster.
                                  yes, with jumper still connected, power button turn set on & off looks normal.

I have test it connected to my CPU. it has a picture.. but it looks divided 4 parts horizontally. so I can't make this jumper permanently? I have to track a B+ trace to this IC TDA 9102 find for culprit?
                                  Last edited by senz_90; 11-24-2013, 03:29 PM.

Best Regards
                                  Rudi
                                  Thank You

Comment

If there was NOT any jumper there to begin with ?? NOT the 'correct' way to repair set. 12 volts probably needs to be 'switched' to that trace. Quite likely will be something in the circuit you started drawing earlier.

Can you post picture of "looks divided 4 parts horizontally?"
                                    Last edited by jts1957; 11-24-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

If there was NOT any jumper there to begin with ?? NOT the 'correct' way to repair set.

Can you post picture of "looks divided 4 parts horizontally?"
                                      Here it is..

I have checked all surrounding components, except ceramic, polymer caps. I don't have capacitance meter. maybe the LM358 IC itself, but i try to measure between GND and VCC, no dead shorted..how do you think?
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by senz_90; 11-24-2013, 03:58 PM.

Best Regards
                                      Rudi
                                      Thank You

Comment

Make sure computer is set to a resolution that the computer monitor is capable of displaying.

Dual op amp IC is cheap. Worth a try.

Comment

I am try to make the setting normal, any site to guide me how to set properly?
                                          Yeah, i'll try to buy and changes it. but I am just wondering if this not solve my problem, could I just jumper this permanently?

I have try to checks components all surrounding this IC and NE555, but components near TDA9102 checked good yet. so remain this circuit i have to checks..btw where is B+ pin on TDA9102?

Best Regards
                                          Rudi
                                          Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                          X