Samsung Syncmaster T220 - bad caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster T220 - bad caps?

well I don't have a solder gun anymore I had to give it back.

Also as you can see in the picture I burned the insulation off the wires so I could use them.

Do they have to be insulated.

Is it possible if I just leave the existing wire in the terminal, take the wire and just crush it together in the crimp.

Will I get a signal?

Comment

Hi guys it's me again. I haven't been here in 2 months. I was busy so I was not able to work on the project here.

Unfortunately there are no stores around me that carry capacitors. I thought there were, but Radioshack closed a long time ago. I tried The Source, which is quite the drive away, and they carried a very small selection.

Can anyone recommend a cheap online site that will ship to Canada?

I would love to at least try to get this monitor working. It's in pieces just collecting dust.

Also the solder gun I tried was not hot enough to remove the capacitors. How hot does it have to be?

Comment

Frankly I think the attachment system is slower, but whatever.

OP I think you might have either a video board issue, or panel damage. I have never seen cable or cap failure produce an image like that, however panel defects and video board issues, that I've seen.

Comment

And I assume there is nothing that can be done about that?

Comment

You could try swapping the video board. Really the best way to know is to see if you could get ahold of an identical monitor and swap the panels and see if the issue pops up on the new one.

Looking at it more closely, it seems that the issue facing your panel is very low color depth. This points to a video board issue. Can you test the monitor with an all white image?
            Last edited by Mrx3750; 07-21-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I have the exact same monitor but if like I said... If I damage this one, I don't have the money to buy a brand new one.

I already broke the cable that connects to the power button. So I can't even turn it on if I put it back together.

I tried to take good screenshots but it doesn't really show it that bad.

There were a lot of visible pixels and bright hues of green and pink. In the center it was bad.

Comment

Is it the same way on a white image?

Since you have the same monitor, you have a way of narrowing down what the problem is. Likely swapping the video board (the one with the VGA and DVI (if it has it) port will tell you what the issue is. Just be careful and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrx3750 View Post
                  Is it the same way on a white image?

Since you have the same monitor, you have a way of narrowing down what the problem is. Likely swapping the video board (the one with the VGA and DVI (if it has it) port will tell you what the issue is. Just be careful and you'll be fine.
                  Well, for most of us changing the video board will cost half the price of a similar monitor.

Comment

The monitor has just been sitting on my table for months.

I went to an Electronic store about a 1 hour drive and they don't even carry the right size capacitors. So I'd have to get them online.

I tried to look local for a power board since most of you said that's the problem, but no luck.

So I am not really sure what to do now. I don't feel comfortable taking apart my only working monitor.

Is there a place online I could find a power board? I still have to fix the power button wires I broke.

Comment

Hi, I have T220 for like 7 years or so, monitor is still working perfectly without any problems but lately I've noticed when I turn it On in the morning when monitor is cold I hear some buzzing inside and that buzzing is getting quieter after monitor is turned On 30 minutes or so, and after that I can't hear it at all anymore. Interesting thing is when I turn it On just monitor without PC in the morning and that Samsung logo is shown and after that Digital/Analog searching for signal, there is no buzzing not even when he is on stand by or turned off completely on button, but then when I turn my PC On buzzing starts. Monitor is connected with DVI cable, I tried another DVI and power cable but same thing, so it's not cables. I opened monitor half a year ago and PSU and everything else was looking OK, no bad caps or anything suspicious. So I was wondering could that be some bad cap/s or inverter buzzing if anyone know ?
                      Last edited by Thermaltake; 09-06-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

anyone ?

Comment

I open t220 today, but everything looks okay there are no blown capacitors or anything suspicious. And still there is that buzzing noise when monitor is cold, and after 25mins it stops buzzing. I will investigate futher more these days, but if someone have any clue what that can be please write.

Last edited by Thermaltake; 10-31-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X