Dell 3008wfp faulty power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 3008wfp faulty power supply

Having read through all of this thread, was wondering if someone could post steps of instructions on how to test the power board before reassembling the case - for someone without electronics background?

Will be installing a new diode into 3008wfp this weekend and would like to see if it works before putting the whole mess back together... :-)

Also, are there any tests that can be done if the diode ends up not the problem... ?

Comment

Are there any of the 3008wfp experts still around...?

We need you!

Hoping to get some guidance on testing the board before putting it all back together...

Comment

Originally posted by steny View Post
        Are there any of the 3008wfp experts still around...?

We need you!

Hoping to get some guidance on testing the board before putting it all back together...
        i plugged in the front control buttons and "half" assembled it with an input from my laptop.

held it together so it didn't fall over and watched the screen come to life.

then once it worked put it slowly and carefully back together properly

If you were in Brisbane, Australia i would lend a hand

Comment

Hi to all, i replace the d22 and the monitor now turn on but with color cycling. i did all the reset button like this one:
          * Turn the monitor off
          * Press the buttons simultaneously Menu/Plus/Power
          * Release all three buttons
          * Press the Minus button
          and no good. can you guys help me out what i can do to reset or something else?
          thanks.

Comment

Color cycling with it hooked up to running PC?
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

with a vga cable and with out it. is start with white, red, and blue ect.

Comment

Hi all,

it seems that I'm also suffering from the same problem as everyone is having. Can I just sanity check my symptoms and see if you agree:

-The other day my 3008 went completely dark.
                -The blue power light is still on and seems to work
                -However, I can not even get into the monitor menu, or at least i don;t see it as it is dark. (just a side note - my PC is all fine as I'm using it with a replacement monitor, but that would also not explain why I can't see the monitor menu)

Do you guys agree that this could be the D22 issue (just uncertain as the blue power led is still working)?

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Hello,
                  should MBR20200 be ok replacement for D22?
                  Thanx

Comment

Yes, MBR20200 will work fine.
                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                      Yes, MBR20200 will work fine.
                      Thanx a bunch! it is the one i can get locally

Comment

Its alive!
                        Thanks to everyone contributed to this thread.

BTW, Bezel removing was pretty painless for me.
                        After 10min trying to remove from outside of monitor, cut my thumb and gave up.
                        Tried again from inside (display side) with only short plastic ruler removed it in 30sec
                        Last edited by maticma; 11-27-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Hey,

I need a new tconboard, does anyone know where I can order one!

Cheers

bakki1

Comment

? Instead of !

Comment

Originally posted by Bakki1 View Post
                              I need a new tconboard, does anyone know where I can order one?
                              I can probably help you locate one. But I need to ask you 2 questions first.

1. How do you know its the T-Con? Are you 100% sure?

2. What is the LCD Panel type? The T-Con is panel specific.
                              You'll find the sticker on the inside of the LCD panel. Examples....
                              LM300WQ5-STA1
                              LM300WQ5-STA2
                              LM300WQ5-SLA1

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
                                I can probably help you locate one. But I need to ask you 2 questions first.

1. How do you know its the T-Con? Are you 100% sure?

2. What is the LCD Panel type? The T-Con is panel specific.
                                You'll find the sticker on the inside of the LCD panel. Examples....
                                LM300WQ5-STA1
                                LM300WQ5-STA2
                                LM300WQ5-SLA1
                                The Tcon board is the main board?

Comment

No, the T-Con is the "timing control" board.
                                  The main board is basically the video board (with DVI, VGA, HDMI, inputs)
                                  The T-Con board is in top and attached to the LCD panel. It has a metal shield (with holes) covering it.
                                  An LVDS cable (ribbon) runs between the main board and the T-con board.
                                  The T-con model (part number) is associated with the LCD panel.
                                  Unless you get the exact T-Con, for the LCD panel, it won't work.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GmfoeQeP4

Comment

A guy via a forum told me that with my error it should be the tconboard thats fucked up, the localshopdude says its the main board.. the generis/genesis-chip is faulty..

my dell wont produce any picture, only for the second when i turn the settings back to default.. same problem with every inputmethod..

Comment

Originally posted by Bakki1 View Post
                                      A guy via a forum told me that with my error it should be the tconboard thats fucked up, the localshopdude says its the main board.. the generis/genesis-chip is faulty..

my dell wont produce any picture, only for the second when i turn the settings back to default.. same problem with every inputmethod..
                                      So , I am not sure what you want us to say. Without carrying out specific tests using a multimeter it is almost impossible to guess. Do you have any experience at all of working inside a Monitor?
                                      Some high voltages in there will be between 220 and possibly 2200 vac.
                                      You will also need a digital camera and be able to provide clear pictures of your boards
                                      If you have a multimeter and can use it and are up to working close to those voltages we may be able to help. Otherwise you can only try
                                      changing out the boards one at a time - which could be expensive.
                                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

"my dell wont produce any picture, only for the second when i turn the settings back to default." I wonder if the backlights come on for seconds, then black out is what you are seeing.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                          So , I am not sure what you want us to say. Without carrying out specific tests using a multimeter it is almost impossible to guess. Do you have any experience at all of working inside a Monitor?
                                          Some high voltages in there will be between 220 and possibly 2200 vac.
                                          You will also need a digital camera and be able to provide clear pictures of your boards
                                          If you have a multimeter and can use it and are up to working close to those voltages we may be able to help. Otherwise you can only try
                                          changing out the boards one at a time - which could be expensive.
                                          I dont have any experience with working the inside of a monitor, that's why I gave it to a repairshop. They checked it with a multimeter and said that a controller chip (its called generis or genesis) on the main board is broken.

Comment

Working...
                                          X