Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned Backlight - Samsung 943NW

Hello, got this Display from a Friend.

The problem is, that the Backlight shuts down after 2-5 seconds and even in this 2 seconds it is poorly lighted. I can see the picture in background.

I managed to open the screen and took a closer look at the power board. One cap was a bit strange, so i replaced it. Later i took a closer look at the panel and found a burned connector. It was so hot that the metal frame got a bit burned color. I think that the backlights are dead, so i would need a few tips how to change the ccfls and which one i should order...

Hope you can help me again.

P.S.: It is a T-shirt on the ground.
    Attached Files

Re: Burned Backlight - Samsung 943NW

Members here have good experiences with ccflwarehouse.com. Tutorial on how to install new ccfls can be found at

http://www.ccflwarehouse.com/lasotu.html
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thanks dude, but my problem is, that i dont know how to get to the lamps.
      I dont want to damage the screen. So perhabs anyone had this screen and could post a picture or two.
      There are some pics of similar screens on the net, but no one is showing how to get to the ccfl's. ( like this: http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=DSC01173.jpg (not my photos))

Comment

Originally posted by Badcappy View Post
        thanks dude, but my problem is, that i dont know how to get to the lamps.
        I dont want to damage the screen. So perhabs anyone had this screen and could post a picture or two.
        There are some pics of similar screens on the net, but no one is showing how to get to the ccfl's. ( like this: http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=DSC01173.jpg (not my photos))
        I am sure there pictures or video out there some ware. But it's really self explanatory.
        There is a sturdy metal frame around the lcd, The thin LDC panel is next. There is a black plastic frame that keeps all the diffusers in place. There is a very thick piece of plastic in the metal framework that the CCFL channels slide over. Just go slow and don't force anything, keep everything in order as you disassemble. I think dust and stray hairs are going to be your biggest problem.
        There are some panels that the CCFL channels simply slide out.
        If you could find a LCD with a damaged or broken panel it would give you an idea what you need to do.
        Most of the newer LCD are all alike And you are going to be surprised how easy it is
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

This is not your monitor but he takes apart the a panel to the lights
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8XV4L0klO8

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
            I think dust and stray hairs are going to be your biggest problem.
            That's why I never do them. 2 Golden Retrievers, and a long-haired cat, all of which like to "help" me with repairs.
            Plus my work area is usually dusty...
            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
              That's why I never do them. 2 Golden Retrievers, and a long-haired cat, all of which like to "help" me with repairs.
              Plus my work area is usually dusty...
              I have big dogs also, I am getting pretty good at lightly brushing things off with a soft cloth and quickly assembling before things get back on it.
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Ok, i got it
                Do i need now 2 or just 1 replacement ccfl? Or should i change all 4?
                Attached Files

Comment

That doesn’t look good, Dose the other CCFL assembly look the same?

Comment

no, the other 2 are looking fine and working. As i can tell by the 2second lighting.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Badcappy; 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badcappy View Post
                      no, the other 2 are looking fine and working. As i can tell by the 2second lighting.
                      I would say you could get by replacing 2 CCFLs.
                      You could be sure if you had another panel by plugging in 2 CCFLs from the other panel, and see if the lamps stay on.
                      I would also suggest ordering some new silicone end caps, some members have used RTV silicone I find that rather messy and then I have to wait for it to set up.

Edit
                      I would say for sure test with 2 other good CCFLs to make sure the others are OK
                      Last edited by alexanna; 03-23-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

how do i find out, which color temp. and thickness they have?
                        The new lights should just have the same thickness and length. Or are there some other things i should have an eye on? I dont want to buy something and then put it in the trash, because it doesnt fit....

Comment

^ If you’re able to use ccflwarehouse’s 800 telephone number call them and ask them those questions
                          They are very courteous and helpful.
                          The last time I checked they were offering 4 CCFLs for $30 and about $5 shipping. That would probably be your best bet
                          Last edited by alexanna; 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM. Reason: number of CCFLs

Comment

yes, i looked at there website, they dont offer shipping to germany....

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/19-1-WIDE-WXGA-C...item19c0c4393b

They ship worldwide. I have no experience with this seller.
                              Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM.
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thank you all. i will check this out and give you all some feedback, when i am finished with that piece of crap.

Comment

ok, i just found these here: http://cgi.ebay.de/2-4-x-420mm-Full-...item3a585acf88 These should fit and got even a fair price.

Strange thing ccflwarehouse.com is delivering over ebay worldwide.

I got one last problem, where i can buy these ccfl rubber things? 2 of 4 are burned in the panel... (see pics above)

greetz

Comment

^ I thought of them later last night.
                                    I would Email them and Ask about the silicone end caps,If you can't get exact replacements they do make universal ones.
                                    Were you able to test your other CCFLs,Or are you going to replace all 4?

Comment

All 4, i looked today in the daylight and saw that the other 2 are a bit black at the ends, so to hell with them. I dont want to have the same work in 2weeks, just because i want save a few bucks now.
                                      I think the problem with the universal ones is, that they dont fit. I need a double rubber and i didnt saw any on the internet.

Comment

As long as the diameter is the same you can make them work,I have used them.
                                        Still Email them and see if they have the double ones.i would think they would.

Comment

Working...
                                        X