Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac A1990 Screen

Need some advise on an unknown history Mac 1990 that I have bought,

Issues relate to what could be described as a water mark on some areas of the screen, This is only visible on a white background, Shows a blue type breakthrough, or patch on some areas.

Using an external monitor the external monitor is clean (No issues)

? Is this a backlight issue (Reflective layers) or is it the main LCD that is the issue.

I have noted the cost difference for just replacement layers ($10) against $400 for a LCD unit.

I do have the capability to remove the screen (Full ESD mat and grounding strap will be used) along with an Air tool for removal.

Just like to know anyones thought on this in, order to be prepared with the correct items before proceeding further,

Regards Ian G

Re: Mac A1990 Screen

I have also heated the screen to 40c using a hairdryer, No Change, put pressure on the edges of the screen (No change) applied a suction cup (1ins) to one area of the screen (No change)
    Regards Ian G

Comment

You can’t fix this yourself if there is no installation to replace the conductive glue under the cable that is glued to the matrix. Over time, it happens that one contact on the cable comes off. in general, it’s not difficult to fix, but you’ll have to disassemble it, and I don’t recommend doing this without practice, since a microcrack will lead to complete loss of the matrix. and if you have practice, everything is very simple. I often encounter this problem.

Comment

Many thanks for the information Piterpeny, stay strong most of the world supports you,
        Regards Ian G

Comment

Originally posted by ian g View Post
          re: Mac a1990 screen

many thanks for the information piterpeny, stay strong most of the world supports you,
          regards ian g
          tnx bro

Comment

Working...
          X