Hanns-G HG281D, LCD Monitor no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns-G HG281D, LCD Monitor no power

Is there a good way to find out the exact measurements of these capacitors that I want to replace? I believe mine are manufactured by Willawake judging by pictures from another thread. Should I go with Rubycon over these Panasonic ones? I'm looking at these Rubycon ones on Digikey, most are PX series with not so great lifetime expectancy. I guess that I can order most of these from badcaps and the ones you don't have I'll grab off digikey.
    Last edited by herbal718; 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I got two of these displays - both completely dead - for a small amount of cash and decided to fix them for use at home for wife and kids PC. After a full recap with Panasonic FR / FM / FC I could resurrect both of them. But the result was very disappointing: they suffer from major brown spots on the sides and also in the middle of the screen. And it appears that these spots come up there where the panel isn't sealed with a tape that joins the panel with the bezel.
      Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the panels can be dumped as there is some dirt / dust between some layers of the panel which is nearly impossible to clean (in DIY).
      So I'm just curious if anybody here ran into these problems too with this screen`?
      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe they were in a smokey environment.
        Not impossible to clean but may be difficult - could it be just the bulbs?
        Please dont dump them they could be used for test purposes or the bulbs as replacements or for testing. If you dont want them offer for sale or give them away.
        If someone has a cracked screen they may be glad of one.
        Do you have "freecycle" in Hesse.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hmm...any success stories here of tearing apart a panel and cleaning it?
          Well I will keep them for now, got enough space in my house here for storage hehe.
          But anyways big disappointment to see them in this condition
          The display on first pic is indeed from a household with heavy smokers, but second is from non smokers house.

Comment

Hello all,

thank you for this thread! I had the same problem with my HG281D as Recycler described.
            After recapping C80 and C83 on the logic board the monitor works just fine. I put 220X16 V instead of original 100x16 V. Don't bother too much about cap brand, jus put bigger capasitance wereas possible.Size matters guys )

Comment

I want to replace the following caps on my logic board. Can anyone recommend the replacement caps? They are all from the same manufacturer and series.

http://www.gjt.net.cn/products/105-1.htm

GJT 105 C (M)
              470 uf, 16v
              100 uf, 16v
              10 uf, 25v

Comment

Panasonic FR / FM / FC

Comment

My HG281D starts to flicker 1 Year ago. The last status was that he has taken 30-40 minutes getting stable.

I read the whole thread and decided to change the c80 and c83 100µf 16v low-esr on the logic-board.

and.

it works. I payd less than 1€ Euro (1,25USD) (i'm from Germany)
                  Im proud to repaird my screen withoud the need to buy some new.

Thank you for this thread, this forum, and the experience which i take the benefit from.

Comment

seems im the next casualty
                    started flickering a year ago when turned on .... so i stopped turing it off
                    today was off when i woke and will nto turn on no power led etc.

imagine ill recap the power board
                    after reading most these posts might want to look to the logic board also

fun fun fun no cap kit i have found do not have all caps maybe 2/3

I dont have loose caps only cap kits for arcade monitors hate to look though all them to find what i need lol

using this 17 inch dell is killing me whant my 28 back!!!!!!!! lol

anyone have a cap map for these im looking but yet to find one I guess i can make one but easier if i can just print it lol
                    Last edited by death69inc; 11-23-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hi All,
                      I'm new here, but I have the same old problem with my monitor like most of you.
                      I was trying to replace all the caps on the main board and I had a really problem removing the 10uM 16v caps. Now I'm worried that my circuit board could be damaged. Is there any way I can tell the condition of the board before I will solder the caps back.

Comment

post a closeup in focus well lit picture front and back of the damage zone
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

There is no visible damage, what I'm worried about is a heat damage.
                          On attached pictures I marked three spots with dots and circles where I have no continuity between negative side and another negative spot. All the other caps spots seem to be good. I hope the pictures are ok.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well there is no sign of heat damage -I was expecting bubbled boards and lifted traces! I have been trying to see where the traces go but on two cant tell (too populated) may go to those small resistors and the other two you have clipped the picture before they end. You trace them out them check for continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerzy54 View Post
                              There is no visible damage, what I'm worried about is a heat damage.
                              It takes A LOT of heat to damage a board. An iron that is not hot enough can damage the board much easier than a very hot iron.

On attached pictures I marked three spots with dots and circles where I have no continuity between negative side and another negative spot. All the other caps spots seem to be good.
                              That's because those are likely coupling caps for the audio amplifier (that SA7496L IC). It is highly unlikely that those caps will ever cause a problem with the operation of the monitor so you don't need to replace them.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your answers and sorry for late post. To busy at work.
                                I was showing this board to the electronic engineer at work and he didn't think that
                                there is a heat damage. Now I am shopping for a better soldering iron. I thinking about the
                                Weller WES51. Any advices?

Comment

I thinking about the
                                  Weller WES51. Any advices?
                                  The Hakko FX-888 is cheaper and very popular, but soon to be discontinued and replaced with the FX-888D. It has been discussed here many times.

I have the FX-888.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I just got a early Christmas gift, the Weller WES51 station. I tried to season the tip, buy solder didn't want to stick to tip. I had also a hard time to desolder capacitor on the test board. It took long time to melt the solder. I used 650 deg. What is the optimum temperature setting to do repair work like that? Is there something wrong with the iron?
                                    Any input greatly appreciated.

Comment

I tried to season the tip, buy solder didn't want to stick to tip.
                                      What kind of solder are you using?
                                      60/40 with rosin core is usually the easiest to use. Should melt almost instantly when it touches the tip. If not, clean the tip well. Wet sponge works well for me.

Comment

I use my at 700~725.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I use 60/40 with rosin, it melts quickly,but it doesn't spread over the tip just crumbles into ball. It's a brand new tip. Maybe I have to break it in to have a steady temperature. I will give a try this weekend. I need to get a good quality flux.

Comment

Working...
                                          X